Status: Complete.

Coffee Break

Martin.

Two weeks passed since the Halloween party. Zack and I have been getting closer and closer, both emotionally and physically, and I can’t find anything wrong. I’ve never felt so strongly about anyone before, never been so serious. And I know Zack feels the same. Last night was the last night I’ll spend with Zack for a few days, because he’s hanging out with Chizzy and Butcher tonight and visiting his Grandma with his brother this weekend. But I’ll manage with a few texts. I think. I hope.

I do have something else to keep my mind occupied though. Rian. Specifically, Rian and Alex. Ever since Zack and Alex did their impromptu stripping routine at the party and when Rian helped Alex down off the table, Rian’s been coming into the coffee shop almost every day. And Alex goes over to his apartment almost every night to hang out with him, Jack and Paul. There’s no way that there’s nothing going on there. Alex has just been floating on happiness way too much for it to be nothing.

Okay, so for instance, Rian is picking up some coffee for him and Paul right now, Alex making the coffees so they can talk together. I was watching them out the corner of my eye, as I knew William was, and the smiling, the laughter and the flirting was obvious! Alex is so getting an interrogation when Rian leaves.

“A large latte and a medium cappuccino,” Alex announced, sliding the cups forward.

“Brilliant. I’ll see you later, yeah?” Rian beamed.

“Y-Yeah,” Alex nodded.

Rian winked before walking out of the shop. Immediately, William and I were by Alex’s side.

“Okay spill,” William grinned.

“About what?” Alex asked, confused.

“About that!” William exasperated.

“Rian’s been coming into the shop a lot more over the past two weeks and he just winked at you and didn’t even say goodbye to us – has he finally noticed you pining for him?” I pointed out.

“I don’t pine for him,” Alex grumbled.

“Bullshit,” I snorted.

“He’s noticed something,” William insisted.

Alex rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly, biting his bottom lip.

“We’ve just been talking a lot more, just the two of us. After he helped me down from the stripping table at Gabe’s Halloween party, Rian said that he’d never seen anyone sexier. I remember it the next morning but just put it down to Rian being drunk. The next time I saw him though, he apologised for saying it and I said he didn’t have to apologise. Paul came into the room after that so we stopped talking about it and haven’t talked about it since. But we have talked a lot, and it’s been…nice,”

Nice?” William scoffed.

Alex blushed a little, making me grin. Fuck, he’s so far gone over Rian.

“Why don’t you just ask him out on a date?” I asked, cocking my head to the side.

“W-What?” Alex choked.

“A date? Where two people who like each other spend time alone that’s intentionally romantic?” I prompted.

“I-I couldn’t! I can’t! No!” Alex whimpered.

“Why not?” William frowned.

“Because he would never say yes!” he replied.

I raised an eyebrow and flipped open my phone, dialling a number quickly. Alex looked mortified but William stepped between us so he couldn’t knock the phone out of my hands.

“Hey Marty, what’s up?” Paul answered.

“Just got to ask you a quick question. Do you think would Rian say yes to a date with Alex?” I asked.

“Duh,” Paul replied, “He’s a lovestruck puppy when it comes to that kid,”

“I thought so. Thanks!” I laughed.

“No problem. See you later,” Paul said.

I grinned and ended the call, sliding my phone into my pocket again.

“Paul said that Rian would say yes because he’s a lovestruck puppy over you,” I sang mockingly.

Alex blushed even more than usual.

“Bullshit,” Alex murmured.

“Paul doesn’t bullshit, you know that,” I shrugged.

Alex bit his bottom lip, thinking hard.

“Do you really think he’d go on a date with me?” Alex asked softly, hopefully.

“Yeah, I do,” I said honestly.

“He likes you, Lex,” William added, smiling.

“O-Okay. I’ll do it,” Alex said shakily, although his lips quickly spread into a smile too.

Let the fun begin!
♠ ♠ ♠
Aww bless Alex!
The next chapter is a cute one =]

Go check out/subscribe to/comment on my new story with Artistic Difference!

Thank you to everyone who commented on the last update!

TearsOfTheHeart7
miss.sobriety
emmarulez
kew_atl
sylarisahero
BeautifullyTattooed
coolstoryBrosif
Unexpected. (haha Zack’s kinda my favourite too!)
JessicStar
KshoOwh
CandyMama28

xo