Status: Complete.

Coffee Break

Martin.

“He said yes! He fucking said yes!” Ales shrieked, running into the coffee shop.

I smiled apologetically to some of our frowning customers and ushered Alex into the backroom. There’s still one girl on the counter, she can deal with the non-existent queue.

“Who said yes to what?” I asked, putting my hands on his shoulders to try to calm him down.

Alex stopped jumping up and down, but the ridiculous grin didn’t leave his face.

“I asked Rian to be my boyfriend and he said yes!” Alex squealed.

No way!

“Oh my gosh! That’s great, Lex!” I whooped.

Alex laughed as I hugged him, hugging me back just as happily. It only took them 6 dates to sort their shit out - I'm proud.

“Who else have you told?” I asked, letting him go.

“No-one else yet, I came straight here. I don’t know who Rian’s told though,” Alex replied.

Aww it feels good to know that I’m one of the first. Then my phone buzzed. Gabe.

Drinks at Black Cherry tonight to celebrate Alex and Rian growing a pair!! Xx

Well, at least I’m one of the people that Alex told first.

“Oh wow, that spread fast,” Alex said, eyes wide in shock.

“That’s Riverhead,” I laughed.

Alex blushed but still grinned at me. I don’t think he’s going to able to stop smiling for a long time yet.

*

“I still can’t believe Alex asked you out, Ri,” Paul sighed, slumping into the booth we were occupying.

“Why not?” Rian frowned.

“Because I had money on you asking him?” Paul offered.

Rian groaned and Alex blushed as Kyle and Jack high-fived, Rian just pulling Alex closer to his body with an arm around his shoulders.

“We’re $20 richer each thanks to your lack of balls,” Jack winked.

“Yeah, thanks for that,” Paul said dryly.

“You can get them back by having loud dirty sex on the sofa,” Zack smirked.

Rian grinned at his flatmates, both Jack and Paul groaning.

“Martin! Keep control of your man! He’s suggesting horrible things,” Jack demanded.

“Mm, I do like him being in control,” I purred teasingly.

Kyle, Paul and Jack paled as I licked a stripe up Zack’s neck, before quickly leaving the table.

“Were you two in on this bet?” Rian asked, narrowing his eyes.

Zack and I shook our heads.

“We made our own private bet,” I said with a shrug.

“Which was?” Rian sighed.

“Loser gives the winner a rim job,” Zack smirked.

“Who won?” Alex asked.

“Do you really want to know?” I grinned.

Alex grimaced and shook his head, burying his face in Rian’s chest and making the three of us laugh.

“You’re going to have fun with this prude, Ri-Ri,” Zack mused.

“Maybe a little more alcohol will loosen him up,” Rian winked.

Alex didn’t have time to protest before Rian dragged him over to the bar.

“By the way, I want to collect my winnings tonight,” Zack murmured, tugging my legs over his lap.

I giggled and pressed a few soft kisses to his neck before lifting my head to look at him.

“Do you know how lucky I am to have you?” I said happily.

“Yeah, yeah,” Zack laughed.

“No, I’m serious,” I said firmly, spreading my palm across his chest.

Zack just raised an eyebrow at me, clearly amused. So I sighed. Here come the emotions.

“Just looking at how happy Rian and Alex are made me realise how lucky I am to have you. Can’t you see how far we’ve come? From me pining after you and you awkwardly not really knowing what to do with my affection, to us dry humping on my sofa and making out in public in front of what I know everyone considers as our friends? It’s just…I never thought I had a chance with you, and you gave me that chance. I’m the luckiest guy in the world because you chose me,” I said softly.

Zack’s hand rose to cup my face, his eyes looking deep into mine. It would’ve made me uncomfortable had I not just spilled my heart to him.

“It’s not you that’s the lucky one, Martin. You’re the one that’s brought me into this new exciting world and made me comfortable and happy with who I am – before you I was a mess, and you know it. So it’s me that’s lucky to have you. I tell myself that every day,” Zack said.

H-He really thinks that? Thank the Lord for slightly-drunken confessions. Tears pricked my eyes before I could stop myself, making Zack laugh softly before he pressed his lips to mine. I moaned quietly, kissing back slowly as I clutched his shirt in my hands. There are no words to describe how deeply I feel for him, there really aren’t. Eventually Zack broke the kiss, but still held my face with his hands.

“You are perfect for me. Don’t ever tell yourself any different,” he said softly.

I couldn’t stop the smile that spread across my lips as my stomach flipped in happiness. How can he affect me so easily with so few words?

“Is everything okay?”

I turned my head to see William standing next to us, frowning. Zack laughed and wiped his thumbs over my cheeks, showing me that they were wet. Oh, shit, I didn’t even realise I was crying!

“Yeah, everything’s fine. Everything’s great,” I nodded, smiling again.

William glanced between us a couple of times before smiling too.

“Gabe’s buying a round of drinks at the bar, if you’re interested,” he told us.

“Thanks, we’ll be over in a second,” I replied.

William nodded and walked away, leaving me to turn back to Zack.

“Sorry about that,” I murmured.

“Don’t be. It just proves that you have people in your life that care for you and will protect you against anything,” Zack smiled.

“Are you one of those people?” I asked hopefully.

Zack didn’t even hesitate.

“Always,”
♠ ♠ ♠
Just a short sweet one =]

Thanks to everyone who commented on the last chapter! Please keep giving me your feedback - I love it!

TearsOfTheHeart7
kew_atl
miss.sobriety
coolstoryBrosif
Unexpected. (x2)
sylarisahero (hah I’m glad their progression is liked!)
BeautifullyTattooed
JessicStar
iAmJacksCreativity (lol they have come far, haven’t they?)
emmarulez
KshoOwh

xo