Immortal Hunters

A Second Round

*Romeo’s P.O.V.*

I opened my eyes slowly, afraid of what I might see, yet wondering if perhaps I’d died, and had been relieved of my demon half.
I was surrounded by fire, broken beams, stones, half destroyed furniture, and other such things. There was a whimpering noise from somewhere to my left, and I saw a white tail spattered with blood.
“Shi--” I started, but I was interrupted by a coughing fit from the ash and smoke in the air.
At least I knew that Shin was alive.
As I looked around some more, I noticed an unexploded stick of dynamite lying next to my right leg.
“Shit.”
If that went off, there was no way Shin and I would survive.
The whimpering continued, slowly growing quieter and quieter.
“Shin, make a noise if you can hear me.” I whispered, trying to prevent myself from breathing in the fumes.
He whimpered again.
“You gotta stay alive. As a werewolf, you’ll be able to breathe through the fumes better than you would in your human form, so stay like that. And whatever you do, don’t fall asleep.”
There was a low bark, and he started to wag his tail, probably to show me that he was listening and had agreed or something.
What I didn’t notice was, when he started wagging his tail, he was fanning the fire towards my leg.
Suddenly, my left leg felt very, very hot, and then it burned. When I looked down, I could see the fire burning up the leg of my jeans. In a panic, I began to twist and turn, trying to put it out, but only managed to spread the fire to my other leg.
“Fuck, fuck, fuck, FUCK!” I began to screech, trying to roll on the ground, in my awkward position.
That’s when I rolled onto the fuse of the dynamite.
“Shin? I’m sorry.” I whispered, watching the fuse burn and shorten.
Shin barely had time to whimper a reply before a massive explosion turned my vision white and left my ears ringing.

*Bill’s P.O.V.*

I stood in the kitchen, unsure of what to do next. Everyone was sitting around, blankly watching images flash across the TV screen, except for Raven. She had holed herself up in her room, watching the window with unblinking eyes.
Suddenly, a bloodcurdling scream, muffled only by her closed door, broke through the deathly silence. Everyone glanced in the general direction of her room, Strify with a look of genuine fear, her friends with concern, and my friends with confusion. Then, all their stares turned on me.
I suppose, as her boyfriend, it’s expected of me to go and find out what happened…
I ran up to her door, and flung it open, only to see her sitting on the floor, leant against the wall, her arms wrapped tightly around herself, and her body shaking with violent sobs.
“Raven!” I was by her side in seconds, my arms around her, stroking her hair comfortingly.
She just continued to cry.
“What happened? What’s wrong?”
She gasped a little, trying to gain some breath to speak, I assumed, then turned her face up to me. There was a look of pure terror written across her features, and her voice shook horribly as she spoke.
“Another one. Another explosion. Another chain of explosions.”
I let the words sink into my mind, and she returned to crying.
Another chain of explosions….
Oh, shit.
I hugged her closer, feeling my own tears well up and slide into her hair.
“There’s no way… No way…” she whispered between sobs.
It killed me now more than ever, to know that we couldn’t visit the remains of the hotel yet. I desperately wanted to find them, wanted to prove her wrong, wanted to see my brother.
“They’ll be allright, Raven. Everything will be fine, I swear.” I whispered into the top of her head, with a tone as reassuring as possible.
Oh how I wished that I believed the words myself.
“You’re lying.” She whispered back, slumping against me.
“I’m not. I wouldn’t lie to you, Rave. I just wouldn’t.” I replied.
Her lack of response told me that she would pretend to believe my words, to at least ease my mind.

* * * * *
♠ ♠ ♠
D: what naoww?
please subscribe/message/comment?
<3