Immortal Hunters

The Hotel.

~He produced a gun from the back of his jeans. It had been slotted into his belt loops.
“Trent?” I suddenly felt quite scared.
What if he knew?
“You’re a werewolf. Don’t deny it, I’ve seen you. That’s why I have to do this. Believe me, I love you, and I don’t want to, but it’s for your own good. Please don’t move.”
“Trent?! I thought you said you’d protect me, not murder me!”
“Oh, but I am protecting you… From yourself.”
He aimed the gun at my chest, and tightened his finger on the trigger.~

I awoke screaming. Again. Shin bolted into my room. This time, it wasn’t even morning. Or, it might have been, only it was still dark outside. Due to my lycan vision, I could see fine.
“Are you allright?”
I was breathing hard again, and I could feel the sweat beading on my temples.
“I’m f-fine.”
“You really don’t seem so.” A worried expression crossed his face, and his eyes washed to a yellow.
“B-believe me, I’m ok-kay.”
I shook my head, chasing the remaining images from the corners of my mind. Shin sat beside me and held me tight, rocking me slowly. It was comforting to have him here. He truly was like the brother I never had.
“It’s okay.” He muttered, pressing his face to the back of my head.
That was a little un-brother like…
“I’m allright.” I took a final deep breath.
“I hope so.” He kissed the back of my head.
That, again, was a little un-brother like…
“I am.”
He let me go, and I moved to the side a little. Our eyes locked. His washed from the yellow to a lightish pink. Oh God, that emotion was probably one of the easiest to pick out; Love.
Within seconds, he leant forward and had his lips on mine. They were soft, yet the kiss felt… weird. Mainly because I didn’t return the feelings for him. I pulled back quickly.
“Raven?”
“I’m so sorry Shin. God, I’m sorry.”
Unable to stay in the same room, same house as Shin, I ran out into the hall, down the stairs, and to the door, flinging it open with surprising force. It creaked on its hinged, then swung back and slammed. I continued to run. The area was unfamiliar, and I decided to slow down just to make sure that I didn’t get lost. The air was cool, and helped me clear my head. I continued to walk further and further, until I stopped mid-step. An old, run down hotel loomed in front of me, and I could remember hearing Romeo saying something about a rival clan living here. I was scared for a minute, then realised that they wouldn’t hurt me, considering they didn’t know I lived in Manor Bizarre.
“Hey there.” Came a soft voice.
I spun quickly, slightly startled by the voice. I came face to face with a… Well, the voice hinted at him being a man, although he looked strangely feminine. He stood a good foot or so taller than me, yet I didn’t find him intimidating. He looked at me through blood-red eyes, rimmed in black. His hair was black also, with white rippling throughout, and stood up at every angle. His eyebrow donned a ring with a ball on it, and he was wearing heavy black eye makeup. Black shirt with an intricate white and silver skull design, black denim jeans with a studded belt, black sneakers, wristbands and a fingerless glove, rings littering every finger, plus a chrome chain necklace. He was sexy, to say the least.
“H-hey.” I replied, stuttering awkwardly.
“Are you allright? You look like you’ve been running… and crying…” A look of concern settled across his fine-featured face.
Crying?
I put a shaky hand up to my eyes. Sure enough, my cheeks were wet, tears still forming in my eyes. Lucky I hadn’t been wearing any makeup today. Also lucky, I realised, that I had fallen asleep in my clothes.
“Uh… I’m… fine.”
“No, you’re not. I can tell.”
“I’m sorry to have disturbed you. I shouldn’t even be on your turf. I’m sorry, I’ll leave.”
I began to turn, but his voice made me stop.
“No, don’t go. At least let me give you something to drink.”
I moved my eyes back to his. Blood-red. A vampire. A blood drinking vampire. I think. Wait, the black outline meant something too. I tried to think, tried to remember.
“Oh God, are you staring at my eyes, lycan?” his voice broke my train of thought.
“Lycan? What? How’d-”
“You eyes just changed from ice-blue to a mottled green colour. You’re trying to remember something. And anyway, you wouldn’t be in this part of town if you were a human.” He cut me off.
Oh, emotion-reflecting eyes. That one could be a bit of a giveaway.
“I’m sorry, I shouldn’t stare.” I moved my eyes to his hands.
Perfectly manicured black nails with white tips. An interesting style.
“No, it’s okay. I’m used to it. What were you trying to remember?”
“What the black outline meant…” I spoke without thinking.
“Blood drinker, but lack of human blood. I prefer animals.” He replied.
My eyes flitted to his lips, watching them move.
“Anyway, come in?”
“Huh? Oh, sure.” I smiled.
“Fölgen mich.”
What the…?
“Heywhat?”
“Sorry, I’m German. You’ve got to excuse me. I sometimes mix my English and German together accidentally.” He hit himself on the forehead, then began to walk towards the half-dead door on the side of the hotel, which hung off its hinges.
I temporarily forgot how to walk.
“Hello? Are you coming?” he noticed my lack of movement.
“Huh? Yeah, I am, sorry.” I picked up my pace and trotted after him, slowing when I reached his side.
“You can’t just stand there. I’d feel bad.” He reached down and took my hand, then began to lead me towards the door.
I looked around at the hotel. True, it was very old and shabby. There was a broken old sign hanging above the door, with ‘Tokyo Hotel’ scrawled on it in big, black lettering. He pulled me lightly through the door.
“So, I think that introductions are essential. Excuse me for being so rude. I’m Bill.”
We continued through the halls.
Yep, he was definitely a guy.
“I’m Raven.”
I could smell food.
“Do you belong to a clan already, cause if you don’t…”
“No, I do.” I replied.
As much as I didn’t want to be there right now, I really had no intentions of being anywhere else.
We entered a kitchen. There were three other boys sitting on bar stools. One had a baggy black t-shirt, baggy jeans, black cornrows with a black headband around his head, and blood-red eyes. His lower lip was adorned with a piercing. The guy sitting next to him had short blonde hair and glasses covering silvery eyes. Another lycanthrope. He held a beer in his hand, and I’m guessing that drinking had temporarily stopped emotion showing through his irises. The last guy over had back-length brown hair, parted on the side and silver eyes also. Wow, two vampires and two lycans. There was something similar about Bill and the other vampire, yet I couldn’t put my finger on it.
“They’re twins.” Said the blonde one, obviously having read my thoughts.
I’d have to be careful and make sure that I didn’t think of the boys back at Manor Bizarre.
“So, guys, this is Raven. She was outside.” Bill nodded.
“Hey, I’m Tom, and these doofs are Gustav and Georg.” The one with the cornrows introduced the others.
“Nice.” I smiled.
“I’m just getting her something to drink. She seemed upset.” Bill justified my being in here.
“So, you have a clan?” Tom asked.
“Yeah.” I nodded.
“Anywhere near?”
“Kindof.”
Just be vague…
“Oh God, you’re not with those misfits, the ones over at Manor Bizarre, are you?”
The eyes of everyone in the room were on me. The corner of Gustav’s mouth twitched, and I got the feeling that he was repressing a snarl.
“No. Who are they?” I raised an eyebrow.
“Oh, thank God. I was scared that you’d be one of them.” Tom grinned.
“Yeah, no…” I lowered my eyebrow.
Gustav still looked at me suspiciously.
“Here.” Bill handed me a glass of cold water.
“Thanks.” I took it gratefully, downing it in seconds.
I handed the glass back.
“Well, I should really get back. I kinda left without much warning, and I don’t want my clan worrying and coming after me. One of us was injured in a fight earlier, and I really don’t need to cause any more trouble.”
Keeping the details vague
“Oh, okay. Well, I’ll walk you to the perimeter.” Bill offered.
“Thanks.”
I wasn’t sure that I’d remember the way out of the maze of halls in here anyway.
“So, are you sure you’re really okay?” Bill asked again as we left.
“Yeah. I should be fine…” I half-groaned.
“No, you’re not. Why’d you run away?”
I stared at the ground. What do you tell someone you’ve only just met, who hates your clan?
“Just some issues… A guy liked me more than I liked him, and… I just had to get out…”
“Oh, that… that sucks.” Bill replied awkwardly.
“Yeah… I don’t know what I’ll do when I go back. I kindof ran out on him… Now I feel really bad. He was like my brother.”
Bill pushed the door open.
“Well, I suppose I’ll leave now. I have some things to sort out.”
“Yeah.”
I started to walk off.
“Wait!”
I turned back, to see Bill reaching out towards me.
“Yessum?”
He jerked his arm back.
“Err, it was nice meeting you. You should come back some time and visit me… err, I mean, us.”
“Yes, agreed. I’ll definitely come back.” I grinned.
A smile settled on his lips, and he waved.
I turned and began to walk back the way I came quickly, making sure he couldn’t see my eyes wash to a light pink.
♠ ♠ ♠
feedback? <3