Status: Mibba is giving me technical difficulties so...Soonish?

So High on Misery

I intend to Sir.

McKenzie’s POV

I woke up to find myself alone in what I assumed was Ronnie’s bunk. I could feel some bandages along my stomach and legs, so I assumed Ronnie took the time to patch me up when he changed me out of my clothes. It hurt to move so I didn’t intend on moving anytime soon. I knew the next venue wasn’t until a couple days away so I was grateful. I laid there in Ronnie’s bunk on the verge of falling asleep again, until I over heard the guys.

“So what are gonna do about her?” Jacky asked, obviously referring to me.
“I don’t know man…” Ronnie spoke so softly, that I almost didn’t hear him. “I mean we can’t force her into reporting it to the cops. I mean you have no idea how fucking bad I want to just call them up but we kinda can’t right now. We’re on a fucking tour bus.” he sighed. “I mean it was horrible looking at the bruises and cuts on her body. There isn’t a doubt in my fucking mind that he didn’t something sexual to her… All the bite marks on her legs and shit…” he trailed off.

I felt the prickling feeling of tears building up in my eyes. I couldn’t take it anymore, I wiped them away from my eyes and began to sit up. No matter how much it hurt. I wasn’t going to lay here in Ronnie’s bed and listen to them talk about me. I took my time as I stood up, I paused for a moment to just stand there. I then made my way out of the bunk area and into the living/ dinning area of the bus where the guys were.

“Hi.” I stated meekly. They all looked up to me offering warm and sympathetic smiles.
“Hey…” Ronnie trailed off and moved so I could sit next to him. I curled up next to him a sob escaped my lips as soon as I did. I felt all the guys move over to hold me or place a hand on my back. They all said hushed apologies and other comforting words. We all kinda stayed like that for awhile.

For most of the day I laid on the couch with Ronnie. We had small conversations dealing with random thoughts, what was on TV, and about who was going to win when the others would play video games.

I looked up at Ronnie who was glued to the TV. His arm was wrapped around me in a loving yet protective way. “Ronnie” I paused, waiting for him to look at me. When his brown orbs met my blue ones I mumble out,
“I’m sorry.”
“Mac, what are you sorry for?” He paused, shifting so he could look at me better. “None of this is your fault. None of it. If anyone should be sorry it’s me. I should have been there to go with you to get your stuff.”
“But Ronnie you have your fans to worry about. You couldn’t have disappointed them, they’ve all been waiting to meet you.” I stated. Ronnie sighed,
“But McKenzie you’re more important to me. I should have been there I could have prevented it all from happening to you.”

I sighed, “Ronnie, that’s sweet of you. But it doesn’t matter now, I’m here safe with you.” I reached for what I thought was just a pillow, instead I grabbed a Giraffe pillow pet. “I’m here safe with you and this Giraffe pillow!” I stated suddenly just feeling better. He chuckled softly.

I don’t know how long I had been asleep, but it had to have been awhile because the bus was stopped. I looked out one of the windows, the sun was setting and we were at a gas station. My stomach growled in hunger making me realize I hadn’t eaten much in the last two days. I got up slipping on some shoes and grabbing my wallet, and just as I was about to walk out the door it opened. The guys piled in all except for Ronnie.
“Hey Ryan where’s Ronnie?” I asked looking at some of the gas station food they were holding.
“He went to the store across the road, picking up our homely necessities.” He stated with a cheesy smile causing me to chuckle.
“Alright, I’ll go see if he needs some help.”

I walked inside the store instantly spotting Ronnie. The store was small and there were almost no people here. It reminded me of a mom and pop kind of place. I walked up behind Ronnie tapping him on the shoulder, which scarred him making him scream and drop the shopping basket he was holding. I couldn’t help but snicker at his reaction.
“What the fuck Mac!?” he laughed, “Don’t do that!” I continued to laugh for another minute, while helping him pick up the items that fell.

“I thought you would like help picking up some of our homely goods, as Ryan put it.” I smiled up at him. I now noticed he was almost a foot taller than me. He was the perfect height for me, in my opinion.

“I would enjoy the company, and it would make getting things for you easier.” he chuckled lightly. We walked up and down the rest of isles in the store. We laughed and joked and got looks from the few people that were in the store. Once we were ready we walked up to the checkout counter, our arms linked together. There was a sweet looking little old man behind the counter who smiled at us in an adoring way as we placed our items on the counter.
“y’all remind me of my younger days with my wife Beth, god rest her. You better take care of her sonny, she looks like a keeper.” I smiled bashfully as the older man winked at us. I looked up to see Ronnie with a wide grin plastered on his face,
“I intend to sir.” Ronnie then looked down to me and smiled, almost lovingly. “I intend to…”
The old man rang up our things and we then proceeded to pay him and grab our bags. As we walked towards the exit of the little store he shouted to us,
“Y’all take care now!”

Almost as soon as we got onto the bus, its engine came to life and it pulled out of the gas station and back on to the road. I was eating some popcorn and talking to Ryan about all sorts of things, and I watched Ronnie play Halo and some other video game with Derek and Mika. Everything was going great for about an hour, until my phone went off. It was David. I ignored the call and he called again, so I ignored him again. This game went on for about 20 minutes and then it stopped. Then after about 15 minutes I got a text message from him, I decided out of curiosity to see what it said, and I regretted it as soon as I opened the message. It was a picture he had taken during the other night somehow. I dropped my phone and busted into tears at the sight of it. Causing all the guys to immediately stop what they were doing and rush over to me. I couldn’t say anything, and even if I could I knew my voice would crack so badly you wouldn’t understand me. I just pointed to my phone and continued sobbing. Ronnie was the only one to pick up my phone, and if I hadn’t been so upset then I’d have been terrified by the extreme rage in his eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay seriously, give me some kind of freaking feed back. Please? I will take anything!

Hope whoever IS reading this is enjoying it. You know I take the time to write this story, I would appreciate some kind of feedback!