Status: I'm new at this, a working progress. Please comment!

Shotgun K

EPISODE 1/pt 2: News Flash

“…Seo Jae-Sung: The phenomenal sensation---”
“In a promotional stage event last night, Seo Jae-Sung announced that he plans to take on the male lead in the highly anticipated drama, ‘SHATTERHEART’---”
“The beloved Seo Jae-Sung again stole the hearts of young girls…”

I smiled to myself as I lounged on my couch before my plasma tv, flipping through the morning news channels.
Click, click, click, click… whatever channel I turned to, they all had the same hottest news. My face was everywhere, from the paparazzi pictures to news, and even commercials I had just shot for men’s cologne. Lazily, I gave the channel dial another click.

“---no, you just had to see it! Jae-Sung is king! Did you see his shirt slip a nice view…”

I let out a small laugh at this and got up, hitting the power button before tossing the remote back onto the couch. Enough news for today, let’s get started with the morning.
I strode into the kitchen, opened up the fridge and pulled out a bottle of water. After taking a sip, I leaned against the kitchen island and considered the schedule and agenda of today.

Let’s see…Mr. Park should be coming soon. In the meantime, I should do my morning exercises; just some cardio and toning---oh yea, some workouts for my abs too.

As I took another sip from my water bottle, I heard my cell phone ring. I reached over to the kitchen island and grabbed it to look at the caller ID.

Manager Park

I opened the phone with a snappish flip.
“Yeoboseyo?” I answered, my voice sounding pleasant.

Well, I was in a good mood.

“Jae-Sung, have you seen the news?”

I rolled my eyes, silently shaking my head. Have I seen the news…

“Yes, manager; I’ve seen it.” I sighed out, forcing myself to stay pleasant. I rubbed a finger in between my eyebrows, just in case irritation showed in wrinkles. Manager squeaked on.

“It---it’s amazing! The numbers are off the charts! You’ve outdone yourself again. The president is please!”

I hummed and leaned back against the kitchen counter, curiosity bubbling.
“The numbers?” I asked.

“The Starkiss Entertainment Agency’s media center estimates that some 32 million people turned to watch last night’s promotion event. Not just in Korea, but all over Asia. That’s the first!” my manager raved. He went on.
“Looking at the buzz on the internet, the highest-hit key words on search engines are [Seo Jae-Sung], [SHATTERHEART Jae-Sung] and [Seo Jae-Sung girlfriend].”

I laughed at the last one, though a small flash of irritation flared in me.
“Well then, I guess the rumors of Yun and I breaking up will be swarming soon.” I sighed, trying to sound casual about the matter.

Manager Park fell silent on the other end at my last comment. He obviously knew about the break-up. It had only been a week ago when she had broke up with me on her birthday. A GREAT Birthday!
It isn’t my favorite feeling, that’s for sure.

“…uh, Jae?”

I blinked, snapping out of my thought.
“Mr. Park.” I replied to let him know I was still there.
“…uh, the average number of hits on your official fanpage have tripled overnight, and the online photo gallery from last nights’s events averaged at 12,000 views per hour…”

I smiled at my manager’s hastey tone, grateful for his attempt to pull my attention away from my thoughts.
“Jae?”
“Yea?”
“You should go and check it out.
“I will.”
There was some shuffling on the other end before Manager Park spoke.
“I’ll be over in about an hour to pick you up; we have another busy day.” he said cheerfully.
“Okay.” I replied. “See you later.”

I hung up without waiting for a reply and set the phone down on the kitchen island. I let myself have a moment to get my thoughts together before I pushed myself off the counter to get ready for the day ahead.

Image


I had just finished pulling on my shirt when the doorbell rang. I fixed the neck as I stepped out of my bedroom, walked down the hall and across the apartment. I stepped into the entry hallway and pressed on the monitor keypad to look outside my front door. Just as I thought. Like always, ten minutes early.
“Coming!” I yelled.
I walked to the door and opened it.
“Mister Park, you’re always early.” I complained.
“Sorry,” he breathed, shuffling into the apartment. “But it’s better than being late, right?”
I just grumbled in response, not really willing to agree with him. I was already on my way into my kitchen to grab my phone.
“Did you eat breakfast?” I heard him call over to me.
“I had a bottle of water.” I replied with a shrug. When I didn’t hear a response, I looked over my shoulder. Manager Park was giving me his ‘stern’ look, which looked more like he was pouting.
“I have a photoshoot today, right?” I said. “I don’t want to eat before and look bloated.”
This time he was the one grumbling, but he didn’t argue.
“Are you ready to get going?” he asked.
I grabbed my phone from the kitchen island and pocketed it in my jean pocket.
“Let me grab a jacket.” I said.
I hurried back into my bedroom and went directly to my closet. I flicked on the lights of my walk-in and looked through the right-hand wall, where all my coats and jackets hung. There was really no need to be too dressed up; I was working today. But since I was meeting with professionals and photographers, I had to look good, neat and presentable; casual professional.
“Hmm…black, or white?” I muttered to myself. I looked down at my shirt, and after a few moments of thinking I grabbed for my black dull leather jacket. Shrugging it on quickly, I took a glance of myself from the full length mirror in the back of the closet. Messing up my hair a little bit, I smirked.
I always looked good in black.

“Jae?” I heard Manager Park call.
“Alright,” I called back.

One last look over in the mirror and I walked out of my closet, out of my bedroom and down the hall, and all the way across the apartment. My manager was already at the door, ready to get going.
“Okay, let’s do this.” I said.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys...

I'll just say this now; normally I wouldn't post 2 chapters in a week, unless I have time to write a whole lot, or I'm in a writing streak or something. But I thought if I wanted more readers, I'm gonna need more chapters out initially.

So...here's number 2!!

Please let me know how you like; this is my first story like this.