Heist

Jail

I sat on the chair freezing my ass off. I wanted my hoodie but I knew there was no way that I was going to get it. They lowered the temp in interrogation rooms to make people talk. And they really wanted me to talk. Which was weird since I had a tendency to babble and normally people begged me to shut up.

Tori was next to me and I could see the Goosebumps on her arms and knew she was just as cold. We had been in this room for a half hour already and we hadn’t seen anyone. After a few hours of sitting in separate cells we had been brought here, sat down at the table and handcuffed to the loop on edge.

After what felt like forever the door finally opened and a female and male came walking in. The woman’s tag read ‘Agent Cross’ and the guy’s read ‘Agent Walker’. They looked us over for a moment before sitting down and opening a folder each. I saw mug shots of both Tori and I from the times we’d been arrested in the past.

“Victoria Marie Rich, AKA Tori Rich, AKA Torrid, age 23. Several speeding tickets, two arrests for reckless driving and a recent arrest for public intoxication. Both parents are deceased, living relatives include grandparents Joseph and Geraldine Rich both 74, a younger sister Emma Alicia Rich age 5 and a cousin Maxwell Scott Green age 28. You grew up in New York before your parents death when you and your sister moved to Florida to live with your grandparents.” Agent Cross said looking at Tori.

Agent Walker turned to me next and sighed.

“Jamie Annabel Wright AKA Jinxx, age 23. Your first speeding ticket at age 16 and several following along with one arrest for reckless driving, another for illegally organizing a public event and one a few weeks ago for DUI. Your mother Tanya Wright left the family when you were 2, your father Eric Wright is deceased and your brother Charles Edgar Wright is currently in prison for possession with intent to sell cocaine, burglary and grand theft auto. You were born in Indiana, raised in South Carolina until you skipped out on the foster system to head to Florida when you were 17.” he said.

“Both of you stayed in Florida until earlier this year when you moved here. Did we miss anything?” the Agent Cross asked.

“How about the fact these handcuffs hurt like a bitch?” Tori said jiggling the cuffs.

“Yeah you guys did everything but give us a cavity search on the way in here. We don’t have anything dangerous.” I added.

“Well if you girls promise to play nice we’ll let you go. It says here that you both have a habit of resisting arrest.” Agent Walker said.

“That cop in Miami was an ass. He was too rough with all the girls that got arrested at that race.” I replied.

“Ditto. He was too grabby. He’s lucky all we did was slap him around a little.” Tori said.

The Agent Walker sighed but walked over and undid our cuffs. I rubbed the sore spots on my wrist.

“Now we’re going to ask you ladies a couple of questions. If you answer them then maybe you’ll be out jail before menopause.” Agent Cross said.

“Shoot.” Tori replied.

“First off who are these men?” the Agent Walker asked and produced mug shots of Max and Craig.

“That one is Tori’s cousin Max as you already know and the other is our friend Craig.” I replied.

“They have nothing at all to do with this. They don’t even know about what we do. They think we earn our money from racing and fixing cars.” Tori said lying smoothly. Of course it wasn’t a complete lie. Until recently they hadn’t known.

“Fine. What about this man?” he asked and pushed a grainy photo of Matt from a security camera towards us. We were in the photo too and I saw that it was from the night we’d been arrested after leaving the bar.

“His name is Matt Sanders. He goes by Shadows. He the leader of a group called Avenged Sevenfold.” I said without hesitation.

“Avenged Sevenfold?” Agent Cross asked.

“Yeah. There’s five of them. Brian, Johnny, Jimmy and….Zacky.” Tori said.

I looked at her and saw her mouth turned down in a frown. I knew that she had really liked Zacky but we both knew that he was in on this entire plan. We had to give him up.

“They go by Synyster Gates, Christ, The Rev and Vengeance. They also work with a pair of twins named Val and Michelle. Michelle is screwing Gates and Val is screwing Shadows.” I said.

“You mean you’re not ‘screwing’ Shadows as you put it? All of our information says you are Ms. Wright.” Agent Cross said.

“That was before he decided to turn me and my best friend over to you lovely people.” I smirked.

Agent Walker shook his head, “Alright. We’ll get what we can on this team…Avenged Sevenfold and then we’ll see what kind of deal we can make with you. Until then it’s back to your cells girls.”

“You’re not going to catch them.” I said looking at Agent Walker as he stood up.

“We’re not are we?” he asked.

“No. They’re fucking smart as hell.” Tori said.

“The first job we ever did was switching names in a computer program. They were the ones that thought that up.” I added.

“Not to mention the fact that they made a huge production of one of the other ones we did. They had decoys, wigs, all sorts of stuff. They’ll outsmart you I bet you anything.” Tori shrugged.

“Not to mention that they’re already in the wind. Good luck catching them.” I smirked.

“So what? You think you can help us catch them?” Agent Cross asked.

“We don’t think. We know.” Tori said.

“And why is that?” Agent Walker asked.

“You guys are feds. No offence but you don’t run in the same circles. You don’t have the tiniest clue of how they work. We do.” Tori said.

“Plus if they get over the boarder you guys are pretty much useless.” I replied.

“So what? You want us to let you two go so you can catch them and bring them back?” Agent Cross asked.

“Pretty much.” Tori and I replied in unison.

“No deal.” Agent Cross said and stood up, heading towards the door however before she could get all the way there it opened. Standing there was a guy with gray hair and hard blue eyes.

“One moment Cross.” the guy said and walked over to us.

“Ms. Wright, Ms. Rich, my name is Agent Curtis Garrett. I was wondering you really think you can catch this bunch?” he asked.

“If we try hard enough anything is possible.” I replied.

He nodded, “We’ve been tracking this group of people for several years now and they’ve amassed millions of dollars in stolen property since 1999. I’ve been on this case since Day 1 and I’m about to retire at the end of this year. This is one case I’d like to put behind me before I do. If you think you can handle it I’d like to allow you to try.” he said.

My jaw dropped. I really hadn’t believed that they would let us. Apparetnly Tori couldn’t either.

“You’re shitting me.” she said.

“Not even. There are a few conditions however. You will have to abide by a few rules. You both will wear trackers at all times and you’ll be accompanied by two agents.” he replied.

“Fine but if you want us to do this we’re going to need a few things.” I said.

“Like?” he asked.

“Well first we’re going to need new cars. The guys know ours.” I said.

“I’m sure we can arrange that. Anything else?” Agent Garret asked.

“Yeah. Emma needs to go back to my grandparent’s house to stay. No foster care. And we‘re going to need tickets to Miami for at least Jamie and I before we leave.” Tori said and a smile crossed my face.

“What do you need to go to Miami for?” Agent Walker asked.

I grinned, “We’re outnumbered seven to two. If we’re going to do this we’re going to need a team.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this is kinda shitty :/ My mom just had surgery and I'm still catching up on the sleep I lost when I was at the hospital with her. Hopefully the next one will be better.