Heist

The First Job

-Torrids POV-
I groaned and screamed into my pillow as my phone went off and looked at the time. It was a just a little after twelve p.m. which felt like four in the morning right now.

After we finished our little tests and agreed to join Shadow’s team, he kept us around to check out our mechanical skills, which meant we had to replace a head gasket, change water and fuel pumps, a timing belt, brakes, an alternator and a battery.

After we proved our mechanical skills, they decided that we were going to go race with them. We were tempted to tell them no and to just go home, but they wouldn’t take it for an answer.

We did however almost double our usual earnings and came home with $5,250 each.

We figured after the race we were free, but once again we were wrong. Christ apparently sprung a leak in a hose that was nearly impossible to get to, so replacing the hose took almost an hour and a half. By the time we left it was almost 7 am.

I grabbed my phone and saw it was Shadows.

I groaned and answered it, “Ugh! Don’t you people ever sleep?!” I moaned into the phone.

“We gotta job tonight.” He said.

“Okay, that’s tonight. It’s like, a quarter after 12. We need sleep y’know.” I said.

“Be here in an hour. Don’t worry about getting dressed up or anything, we have outfits for you.” He said before hanging up.

I screamed into my pillow before rolling out of my bed. I pulled the brush through my hair before going over to find Jamie. I banged on her door, but I didn’t get an answer. So I barged in.

“Get up Jamie. We gotta go.” I said.

She mumbled something but went right back into snoring.

“OH MY GOD there’s a spider on you!” I screamed.

She screeched as she jumped out of her bed. She started jumping and shaking her hair and wiping off the imaginary spider.

“Is it gone?!” she yelled.

“There wasn’t one to begin with. Come on we gotta go.”

“Where?” she asked.

“Shadows. He said to come as we are. He has clothes for us.”

She groaned. “God this is going to suck.”

We arrived at the warehouse sometime later. Jamie knocked on the side door a few times before someone answered it.

“Come on in.” Synyster Gates said with a smirk.

We walked in and went up to the loft that overlooked the garage. Valery and Michelle were sitting on one couch, just like yesterday. They smiled and nodded to us, we waved back. The guys were sitting at a table, some drinking some coffee and others nibbling on some sandwiches.

I smiled at the coffee, Jamie and I hadn’t had any yet. Shadow’s must have read my mind because as soon as I thought it, he nodded over to it offering for us to have some.

“Nice Spongebob pajamas.” I heard Christ snicker.

“Blow me.” I said grabbing a couple of cups off of the rack.

“Whoa-ho-hoo. Feisty one isn’t she?” he said.

“Dude, you don’t wanna fuck with her when she has next to zero sleep and no coffee in her system.” Jamie said to him.

He waved her warning off with his hand as he took another bite of his sandwich. I took a long drink of my coffee and rolled my eyes back in delight. Nothing was better than coffee. It is my life source.

I tucked my keys on the waistband of my pajama pants then sat down on one of the couches, Jamie following.

“So, what’s this job you got planned?” Jamie asked.

“Well,” Shadows started, “we have reasons to believe that that guy they call “Turbo” in that little Japanese clique was snooping around in here. We also need parts, so, we need you to go to their garage to see what it is their packin over there. Find out what cars they have, and try to find their enquiry sheets for their next shipment. Find out what they ordered, and then find the number for the delivery company and tell them to reroute their delivery to this address.” He said handing us a piece of paper.

“So that you can have their parts without paying for them.” I said.

“No, so that we can have their parts without paying for them.” He said with a smile.

I looked at Jamie, then back to Shadows and shook my head, “I don’t know, that seems like a rough job with no sleep.”

“You will each get twelve grand plus parts.” He said. My eyes lit up. “Plus, the extra cash could help you see Emma a lot quicker than you anticipated, wont it?” he said with a bigger smile.

“Wait, how do you know about her?” I asked getting a little anxious.

“I have my ways.” He said. “Now, are you in or not?”

I looked at Jamie, we both nodded. “We’re in.”

“Good, that trunk,” he said pointing to said trunk in the corner, “Your clothes are in there.”

We set our coffee on the table and got up to take out the contents. “Jinxx, your clothes are on the left, Torrid, the right. Go ahead and get changed and come back up here and we’ll go over the plans.”

We went downstairs and into the bathroom to get changed. When we emerged, we looked extremely stealth like, at least in my opinion. I thought we looked like amazing spy/ninjas. I wore a black tank top, Jamie a black lace tank top, we each had on matching cargo pants, matching combat boots, and matching jackets. We each sported a beanie and headed back upstairs.

“Here,” Vengeance said handing us each a backpack, “each bag contains a net book, which will help you stay in the right place, save enquiries and stay in contact with us. You also have flashlights and a set of tools for picking, or anything else you may need a tool for.”

We had a map laid out in front of us so Shadows could show us the location of the garage. Then he pulled out blueprints of the garage we were breaking into and showed us where everything should be. Should being the keyword.

Shadows and the others set out for a race to make sure the people’s garage we were going to be breaking into were there and not interfering with our plans. Before taking off, we were given a couple of ear pieces so they could let us know what was going on and vice versa.

We decided to take a nap after setting alarms on our phones. When nine o’clock rolled around, we got into our cars and set out to do our job.

We arrived a block away from the garage and hid our cars, something that was hard to do. Baby blue Mustangs and purple Challengers were not cars you saw every day. But we managed to find a spot.

Before we parked, we circled the area to see where our best entry point was, we found we would be climbing a little bit.

We ran along a fence in the ally way behind the garage. We pulled out our flashlights and started to look around for something to climb on. We settled for a pipe that would take us all the way up to the roof.

We used the ledges on the pipe to push and pull ourselves up and when we reached the top, we saw that it was lined with windows. Three of them were even open. This seemed way too easy, why would the guys make such a big deal out of this?

“Come in. What’s going on?!” we heard Shadows say through the ear piece.

“Shut up, we’re workin here!” I said, my New York accent growing thick.

We peeked through the windows and spotted a desk on the East side of the room. There were rafters and they seemed to not hang far from the window, so we readied ourselves and jumped down.

As soon as I landed I heard my phone start to go off. I cursed to myself as I picked it up.

“Max.” I said quickly.

“Hey, are you okay? You sound like you’re in trouble. Not to mention your accent is extremely colorful right now.” He said.

“I’m fine, can I call you back in a bit? I’m in the middle of something.” I whispered.

“Yeah, we broke into your house, hope you don’t mind. We’re gunna raid the fridge now. Love ya. Bye.” He said before hanging up. I shook my head and put my phone on vibrate.

“Did you just answer a phone call?!” I heard Shadows come in.

“I’m going to rip this fuckin ear piece out of my ear in two seconds if you don’t actually come in with some news. Leave us be, we’re doing fine.” I snapped. I heard Jamie giggle softly and I turned to her and couldn’t help but smile.

We made our way over to the desk and started ripping everything apart. We ripped open the drawers and went through some folders but couldn’t find it.

“Fuck!” Jamie said a little above a whisper. “Now what?”

“What are you doing in here?” we heard behind us. We spun around, hearts racing, and saw a Japanese woman standing there.

“Shit.” I said.

“Who the fuck are you?!” she yelled.

“Uhm. Well, if you don’t walk away and pretend we’re not here, then the ones who are about
to hand your ass to you.” I said.

She locked her leg into place and I knew it was on. I looked at Jamie and turned back to her before she came charging at us. She jumped to kick me in the head but fell before it happened.

I looked at Jamie before looking at the woman’s unconscious body on the floor. “Did you really just throw your flashlight at her and knock her out with one hit?” I asked her.

“I-I guess so.” She replied.

“Shweet.” I said. “Come on we gotta find that sheet.”

“I bet that bitch knew kung-fu or something.” Jamie said snorting a laugh.

“Well she wasn’t quick enough to avoid the wrath of a flashlight.” I said as I joined in her laughter.

After collecting ourselves, we set out to continue our search for the enquiry papers.
We found a set of filing cabinets and decided to start there. Amongst our search we found each drawer labeled, but due to our luck, each label was in Japanese. So we decided to just rip apart each drawer we could.

We were just getting through the second drawer when Shadows came in again, “Their getting ready to leave, did you find anything yet?”

“No not yet, we’re going through a filing cabinet but each drawer is labeled in fuckin Japanese!” I said.

“Yeah and you didn’t tell us some kung-fu bitch was going to be here!” Jamie said.

“Wait. Someone was there?” he asked.

“Yeah, I took her down though.” She said.

“Yeah with a flashlight.” I mumbled. She hit me in the arm and I laughed.

“Well hurry. Did you get a list of the cars they have?” he asked.

“Fuck, no. I’ll take some pictures with my phone. Torrid, keep looking.” She said.

I kept scanning over the papers looking for enquiry sheets. I pulled open the third drawer as Jamie came back.

“Found them!” I said.

Luckily the newest enquiry was right up front and I had her take a picture of all the information on the top; name, address, number, codes, everything. I shoved the paper back in the drawer and slammed it when we heard the turbo charged engines getting close.

“Shit we gotta get out of here!” Jamie said.

There was no way we were going to be able to get out the way we came in, so we had to come up with a back-up plan. We went by the garage door and hid behind a tool box. When the door opened and the last person came through, we would slip out and make a run for it.
The door began to open and my heart raced.

The first two cars that came through were Honda Civics. The third car was a Subaru STI and the fourth was a Mitsubishi Eclipse. After the fourth car we inches around the tool box and bolted out the door, scaling the walls. Just as Jamie set foot outside of the garage we heard someone yell, ‘What the fuck happened to her?!’, so we bolted.

We decided to jump the back fence and take the alley way back to the spot we hid our cars. As I reached my car, I jumped in and we both made our way to the guys’ garage.
When we got back, my heart finally slowed down. My guess was Jamie’s did too.

The guys weren’t back yet so I decided to make the call. After I gave them all the information and convinced them that I was the person accepting the order, I gave them the address.

“Yes, that’s 582 Industrial Drive. Thank you, you have a good night.”

“I can’t believe we pulled that off.” Jamie said.

“I know right?” I smiled as we made our way up to the loft. I plopped myself on the couch as we waited for them to return.

A short time later, the guys pulled in and came up to meet us. They looked skeptical until we smiled and showed them the pictures.

“You girls actually did it?” Christ asked.

“Yeah. Money talks.” Jamie said.

“Nice work Jinxx and Torrid. Here’s you money.” Shadows said handing each of us a huge wad of money. “Count it if you’d like.”

I shook my head and smiled, “Nah, I believe you.”

He smiled back, “Alright. We’ll call you when we get the shipment. So you’ll have a couple of days to rest and relax. You can go.”

We said our goodbyes and walked out to our cars. She rolled down her window and motioned for me to roll down mine, so I did.

“You’re going to count it aren’t you?” she said smirking.

“Fuck yeah. When we get home.” I said smirking back.

We pulled into the driveway and I saw another car there, “Fuck, I forgot Max and the others are here.” I said.

“Don’t worry about it.” She said, “let’s just go inside.”

We walked in and to our surprise, everyone was fast asleep in the living room. Jamie and I went off to take showers. It felt amazing, and as the hot water hit my back I realized how exhausted I was.

I stepped out of the shower, dried off, got dressed and headed to my room. The living room was full of snores and I noticed Jamie’s door closed which meant she was already in bed. So I continued down the hallway and went into my room.

I put the dirty clothes in the hamper and was startled when I saw Craig asleep in my bed. I smirked as I kicked off my slippers and crawled in. My bed felt like one of my best friends at this moment, and the feeling got better when I felt Craig situate himself so he was sleeping against me. His calm and quiet snores soothed me and I soon welcomed sleep into my night.
♠ ♠ ♠
Pajamas

Clothes