Heist

Are You In?

“Ready?” Torrid asked poking her head into my room where I was getting ready to go meet Shadows and his team.

“Yeah.” I said and grabbed my coat and pulled it on.

We had no clue what was in store for us tonight and we were nervous. Torrid had made up some excuse to Craig, Max, Robert and Monte about where we were going. Since we didn’t know when we’d we be back I expected that she’d left what time we’d be home up in the air. She was good at making excuses for things like that.

“Are you guys heading out?” Max asked as we headed for the door.

“Yeah. We’ll be back later.” Torrid said and headed out.

I gave a wave to them and headed out behind her.

“What was the address again?”

I pulled up the text that Shadows had sent, “4573 Storage Front Rd.”

“Gotcha.” she said and tapped it into her GPS.

“See you there.” I replied.

The drive took about an hour. When we got there the warehouse was huge and looked abandoned.

“Are you sure this is the right place?” Torrid asked looking up at the graffiti covered building.

“Yeah. That’s what the text said.” I replied handing her my phone so she could see the text.

She frowned at the phone before looking back up at the building and handing me the phone again, “Well this is it. Let’s go see what’s up.”

We walked to the door and pushed it up. On the other side we got a big surprise.

It wasn’t just a warehouse. It had been built into a large garage with space to park the 20 or so cars that were lined up along the walls. Each was customized to the nines and no two were similar.

“So you decided to show up after all.”

We looked up and saw Shadows and Synyster Gates walking down a set of stairs that connected to a loft above us.

“You made it sound like it was required.” I replied.

“Well it wasn’t but it doesn’t hurt that you’re here.” Shadows smiled.

“So what’s going on?” Torrid asked.

“Join us up here and we’ll fill you in.” Gates said.

We looked at each other before heading up to the loft behind them. There were 3 couches. Vengeance, The Rev and Christ were sprawled out on one. Michelle and Valary were on one by themselves smiling at us. We took the third and sat down to hear them out.

“You’re wondering why we asked you here today. Well the answer is very simple. We want you to join our team.” Shadows said.

“You mean race for you? I thought you said that we this was more than racing.” I replied.

“It is. Yes we want you to race with us but there’s more to our team than racing. Do you two happen to watch the news?” Vengeance asked.

“Yeah.” we nodded.

“Remember the huge hit that someone did on the warehouse down by the docks? Over a million dollars of DVD and CD players stolen? That was us.” The Rev replied.

“Are you serious? That’s what you want from us? You want us to steal shit for you?” I asked.

“No we want you to steal stuff with us.” Christ replied.

“We’re not thieves.” Torrid replied.

“Look before you say no completely why don’t you think it over? In the mean time we’ll give you a couple tests see if you’re even up to our standards.” Gates smirked.

“Tests? What kind of tests?” I asked.

“Simple ones. Do you want to do them?” he replied.

We looked at each other.

“It couldn’t hurt right?” I whispered.

“Right.” Torrid nodded back.

“Good. C’mon lets go.” Shadows said, obviously listening in.

We followed him down to the ground floor and to the back of the warehouse, the rest of the guys as well as Michelle and Valary.

“Okay the first test is to see what you can do with hotwiring a car. You’ll have access to all our tools by the way. Only one of you has to do it or you both can.” Shadows explained.

“Well this is yours.” Torrid said looking to me.

“Alright. Let me at it.” I replied and walked over to the tools.

I grabbed what I needed before walking over to the car Shadows had indicated. I found the door was locked. Sighing I reached up and pulled one of the bobby pins that held back my curls back out. A few seconds after I pushed it into the keyhole the lock popped up.

Smiling I opened the door and set to work. I sat in the seat and tossed my coat to Torrid. I took off the access cover, stripped and twisted a couple of wires before wrapping them in electrical tape. Once that was done I found the brown wire and stripped it and touched it to the red ones. The car started and I revved the engine.

“Done.” I smiled as I stepped out of the now running car.

“Very nice. You pass. Now for the next one. I guess you can already pick a car lock but what about other ones?” Gates smiled.

“This one is all me. Show me the lock and I can pick it.” Torrid smiled.

They showed her a door with a set of locks ranging from a pad lock to deadbolt. They handed Torrid a set of lock picking tools and she got to work. She had all 7 of the locks undone in less than 10 minuets.

“There.” She replied smiling at them.

“Great you passed that one too. Now for the last one. Your cars are both in a freighter that is currently dockside among a set of other freighters that are about to be loaded onto a barge and taken to Hawaii. You have twenty minuets to make it dockside and retrieve your cars before they are loaded. You must find the freighter which is marked with the name Avenged Sevenfold on one side. Once they are loaded it’s too late. Oh and you have to make it on foot.” Vengeance smiled.

“You’re fucking kidding!” Torrid said.

“No they’re not! Our keys are missing!” I said noticing for the first time they weren’t in my pocket.

“You stole our keys?!?” Torrid said looking at them.

“Yes. Now you have only 19 minuets left I suggest you get a move on.” The Rev laughed.

Torrid and I glanced at one another before taking off in a sprint.

“Which way?” I asked.

“Um…water was this way!” she said and we took a right.

My feet pounded against the pavement as the two of us bobbed and weaved between buildings and cars trying to get to the docks edge. Soon a stack of freighters came into view. When we reached them we saw there were what seemed like millions.

“Fuck! Split up! Call if you find it!” I said and we went our separate ways.

Glancing at my watch I saw that we had 5 minuets left. We had to find that freighter. I looked at the sides of each one but there was nothing. I was starting to lose hope when my phone rang.

“HELLO?!?” I said.

“FOUND THEM! FOUR ROWS PAST WHERE WE SPLIT UP!” Torrid replied.

“BE RIGHT THERE!” I said and took off towards where she’d said.

When I got there Torrid had it open.

“Thank god!” I sighted.

“You can say that again.” she said and since it was such a tight squeeze she climbed over the roof of my car to reach hers.

“Hey! Watch the paint job!” I yelled.

She laughed and slipped into her car using the sun roof. I followed her lead squeezing though the small sun roof of mine before backing out so that Torrid could get out. We drove back to the warehouse.

“That was really fucked up!” I spat as I walked into the warehouse.

“Seriously! Are you some kind of fucking psychos?” Torrid yelled her New York accent more prominent than ever. I couldn’t say anything though. My accent was straight out of Dixie when I was as pissed as I was now.

“Whoa! Calm down! We were never going to actually ship your cars to Hawaii.” Christ said.

“Yeah do you really think we’d eve do that?” Shadows asked.

“YES!” We replied unison.

“Well we weren’t going to. And by the way congratulations...you passed all 3 tests.” Shadows said.

“Well yippie!” I replied my voice as sarcastic as it could get.

“You seriously think we’re going to join you after what you did?” Torrid asked.

“Perhaps. Look think about his okay? You make what…maybe $10,000 racing in one night? You could double that maybe even triple it by joining us and on top of that you still race and make that money. Everyone could use money.” Vengeance said.

“Give us a moment.” I said and Torrid and I walked over to the corner to talk.

“You’re not thinking of joining them are you?” she asked.

“I am.” I replied.

“ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?” she replied.

“Yes! Think about it Tor! We could make so much more! You could bring Emma out sooner than we thought! Get her room set up and everything.” I said.

“First of all fuck you for using the Emma card…that was a low blow Jinxx. And second you’re right.” she sighed.

“Then are we doing this?” I asked.

“We’re doing this.” she replied.

I nodded and we walked back over.

I looked at Shadows who was smiling.

“We’re in.”
♠ ♠ ♠
outfits

thank you to the wonderful OMFGitsBeckie for making the spectacular Polyvore for this and the last chapter!!!