Status: Active

I Guess I'll Go Home Now

What's My Age Again?

Stacy’s point of view

“Hi” He smiled at me and I blushed. “You look nice”
“Thanks” I giggled.
“Umm, so let’s go…I have a little surprise for you” He shot me a mysterious smile. We went to All Time Low tent, which was a lot bigger than ours. Music was heard from there. I listened carefully. “…Nobody likes you when you’re twenty three…” that was Blink-182!
“You turned up some Blink!” I smiled excitedly. He just chuckled and said nothing.
As we approached the tent, the music got louder. One side of it was some kind of a wall. When we walked in the tent my mouth dropped open: Mark Hoppus, Tom DeLonge and Travis Barker were standing in front of me.
“Hi!” Mark said and waved.
“Stacy, right?” Tom smiled.
“Hey.” Travis nodded.
I felt a huge smile grow on my lips. Jack was grinning behind me.
“Hi…” I trailed off. “I can’t believe you invited them…they are my favorite band…after yours” I said to Jack.
“Hey Jack” Mark, Tom and Travis greeted him and they did that man handshake thing.
“So Stacy, you’re a singer, yeah?” Mark asked me when we sat around a little table with some food on it.
“Yep” I nodded shyly.
“…And a guitarist” Jack added proudly and I was about to punch him.
“Really? Cool. Can you play any our songs?” Tom grinned.
“Yeah…What’s My Age Again, Always, Adam’s Song, I Miss You…some others and Cliff Diving, but that’s +44. And The Adventure, but that’s Angels and Airwaves. Oh and some Box Car Racer ones” I smiled. “You guys have the best riffs”.
“That’s cool” Travis said softly.
“Those are just acoustic versions” I shrugged and silence filled the air.
“Are you guys dating?” Mark asked suddenly after a little pause. I almost choked on my drink and looked at Jack. Jack was looking at me. Then we slowly looked at the guys, who were laughing at us.
“I guess they are” Tom said playfully to Mark, who nodded. Those dudes were almost 40, but still acted like they are in the freshmen year. What’s their age again?
“Hey Jack, when are you two going to get married?” Tom asked this time and I have actually choked loudly on my water.
Jack looked at me and said, “In two years maybe.”
My eyes grew wide and I looked at Mark and Tom who were actually making fun of us now.
“Dammit, guys!” I exclaimed.
“I’m sorry Stacy” Mark apologized, still laughing.
“So did you check out our new album Neighborhoods?” Tom asked.
“Yeah!” Jack and I said at the same time.
“They are cute.” Mark said quietly to Tom and I flipped them both off, “Stop it!”
“What’s your favorite song off Neighborhoods?” Travis asked trying to change the subject.
“Ghost On The Dance Floor” Jack said.
“Natives…Or After Midnight…Or Heart’s All Gone…Or Up All Night…I can’t really choose.” I smiled.
“Cool” Travis just said. So he was actually quiet. I always thought he was some kind of guy who’s shy during the interviews and such, but no, he was just that kind of nice quiet and soft guy.
“Let’s play a game” Mark said.
“What the fuck is that game?” Tom asked confused.
“We’ll play hide-and-seek!” Mark exclaimed childishly and I laughed at him.
“If I caught you, you become the seeker for the next game”, Mark grinned. “Then, we’ll count how many times you got busted and we think of a special thing to do for each time we caught you”
“Ready?” Mark said when we got up.
“Yep” I nodded.
“Go!”
I looked around and ran to the bus to hide behind it. Jack was nowhere to be seen. I took a deep breath as I heard footsteps behind me.
“There you are!!” Mark jumped from the darkness causing me to jump and scream.
“You alright?” He asked playfully.
“You scared the shit out of me!” I exclaimed.
Mark looked at me oddly and laughed. “Let’s go to the tent, little coward. Now you are the seeker.” He winked at me.
We approached the tent and saw Jack, Travis and Tom waiting for us.
“You okay?” Jack asked with anxious eyes. “I think I heard you”
Mark laughed at him, and then said in a totally serious tone, “I scared her” and causing us to laugh.
“He caught me” I smiled, “My turn to seek, everybody hide!!”
The boys ran in opposite directions. I went in an unknown direction, trying to step lightly and quietly so the guys won’t hear me.
I walked in the area of bushes and suddenly tripped and fell. “Aha!” I heard Tome yell behind me picking me up and carrying me on his shoulder to the tent.
“Guys! She found me. Or, I found her” Tom yelled into the darkness calling Travis, Mark and Jack. All of them appeared from behind the tent, how didn’t I notice them?
“Okay now it’s my turn to look for you fuckers” Tom said. “Hide!!”
I ran to the same place I was hiding at when Mark found me. I leaned against the bus when I heard someone coming. I held my breath. My heart was racing. Was this Tom? The whole scene was kinda creepy. Although it was only 7 or 8 pm it was dark and cool outside.
The sound of steps got louder and I turned behind and saw Helena glaring at me.
♠ ♠ ♠
I fucking love Blink-182. Comment if you love them too!
Enjoy.