Status: Slow update but I promise it worth to wait ;)

A Wonderful Surprise

When You Got A Good Thing

Not everyone but Eric Halvorsen knew how close Mary and Nick were lately. Nick asked Halvo about some nice places for a date as Nick would ask Mary after that. Nick told Halvo to not tell anyone about him and Mary because it would make things weird between Nick, Mary, and her best friends.

Of course Halvo knew how Nick felt to Mary. He said that he wouldn't tell Nick some good places except Nick told him about his feeling. So some nights earlier, right after Halvo and Nick jammed in Halvo's living room, they had a little late night talk.

`Anyway, Nicholas,` Halvo started, `I saw you with Mary lately—Are you guys on something?` He asked.

`Me? And Mary?` Nick glanced as he put back his coffee mug to the table and chuckled. `Not really, why?`

`Like I said earlier, I often saw you going with her lately.` Told Halvo. He then glanced and smirked to his friend as he asked if Nick liked Mary or not.

`Well, I honestly was going to ask you for some good places for a date.` Nick chuckled. `Yes, Eric, tell me a good and beautiful place here in Tempe, I want to take Mary for you-may-say a date.`

Halvo laughed lightly. `I have a list of some great places for a date,` he said, `but first, tell me more about you and her. Do you like her?` There Nick started to tell Halvo about him and Mary.

`At first I was just a friend to her—it was really long time ago. Then I left her because of something, but that's also the time when I realized I actually liked her. We lost contact for a year, and wow, she's your friend and I met her again here even with a different condition. She kind of hates me for leaving her and I'm trying my best to be friends again with her.

`Lately, I can't stop thinking about her and somehow I could use her as an inspiration for some of my songs.` Explained Nick. `Dude, I think I love her.`

Eric Halvorsen sipped his coffee. He actually already predicted about this thing. He even actually got a feeling that Mary also got a feeling for Nick. But in other way, Halvo could see that not only Nick who loved Mary but also one of his best friend.

`Well, oh, well, she's lovely, I know. No wonder every guy would fall for her.` Said Halvo as he smiled.

`Yea, don't yourself get a crush on her?` Nick asked as they both laughed. Nick stopped as he continued, `Eric, I'm serious.`

`What do you mean?`

`No one of you guys likes her more than just a friend? Really?` Asked Nick in disbelieve.

Halvo laid back to the couch, his eyes wandered to anywhere in his living room. `I never thought about that before,` he said. `If one of us got a crush on her, he supposed to date her already. But no one do it until now.`

`Oh, you sure?` Nick asked again. He was curious. He needed to know if he's had a 'rival' to have Mary here—he needed to know if Garrett Nickelsen's really fallen in love with his crush. He thought he wouldn't win if Halvo knew about Garrett to Mary because Halvo would've absolutely support his best friend to go out with Mary.

`Why not?` Halvo asked back and it made Nick released a long sigh.

Halvo then got up and walked to the stairs. `I'll get my mac, I'll show you some good places for a date,` said him winking to Nick.

`Sure,` Nick answered as Halvo made his way to his room upstairs. `Wait!` Nick yelled as Halvo stopped and turned back. `Does this mean you agree if I take your best friend out?` Nick slowly asked.

`Well,` said Halvo, `Why should I show you dating spots if I didn't let you to ask her out?` Halvo asked back as he walked upstairs again.

There in the living room, Nicholas Santino grinned widely all alone, feeling like he's going to get his girl soon.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long to make an update :( I had final exams weeks ago and some problems which made me got writer's block. I'm so sorry again if this isn't as good as you expected, I couldn't make any better than this for this time :(
Thanks anyway for keep reading, your feedbacks mean world for me :)