Status: Slow update but I promise it worth to wait ;)

A Wonderful Surprise

Serious Mistake

Kayla pouted to her boyfriend who just asked the people about having pizza for dinner. `Not again, please!` She whined.

`Why, Baby?` John sat back on the loveseat and rounded his arm on Kayla’s shoulder.

`We already had pizzas for three weeks in a row, okay? I’m bored, John.` She looked at her boyfriend and showed her famous puppy eyes, `What about tacos for tonight?`

`Sure,` John smiled and stood up again, calling his friends and invited them to join him and Kayla to go to Taco Bell. Everyone cheered and shouted to count them in as John grabbed his car’s key and prepared the ride.

`I’ll get my purse in my room,` Mary said to both Garrett and Nick but too bad, the only one who responded that was Nick. Garrett was busy talking with Rachael.

`Are you going with us?` Garrett invited Rachael who immediately nodded and smiled to him. The boy then grabbed Rachael’s hand and took her to the front door, following the other guys who already made took their seat inside John’s van.

Nick was still there waiting for his girl. He looked at Garrett who left him alone in the living room and then glanced to that girl beside him. Nick felt like he knew that girl. Her appearance seemed familiar to him but he just didn’t have an idea about who was her. Maybe I once met her somewhere, said him to himself.

`Nick? Let’s go,` Nick looked at Mary who poked her before. He was busy trying to remember that girl—Rachael—until he didn’t hear Mary who had called him for several times.

`You look cute, you know that?` Nick whispered to Mary before they got inside the van.

`Oh come on, you know I don't,` said Mary. She rolled her eyes but couldn’t hide her tinted cheeks.

`Let’s go, John! Kayla is hungry!` Pat exclaimed, trying not to mention that he’s also hungry too, and then yelled as John drove the way to the nearest Taco Bell.

***

`Nick, this is Rachael. Rachael, this is Nick.` Pat introduced Rachael to Nick. That’s finally happened after they spent almost two hours hanging at Taco Bell, when Pat realized that Nick and Rachael hadn’t know each other yet.

But actually, Pat was wrong.

`Nick Santino, right? I think I know you.` Rachael smiled to Nick as they did a short hand shake. `I’m Rachael Roberts, if you didn’t remember me.`

Everyone chuckled to hear Rachael as Nick just shrugged his shoulders and scratched his head. `Uh, yeah I think I remember you.` He finally said although he wasn’t really sure.

`Well, if I could mention here, I’m a friend of your girlfriend--or ex-girlfriend, eh?` Rachael explained as she glanced to Mary. By the way Mary looked up to her with a weird look, Rachael knew she just said something wrong so she apologized.

`I don’t know what you’re talking about, though.` Mary said coldly. She tried her hard to not be curious about Rachael’s words but well, that’s really hard to act like you don’t care, right?

`Let’s go back to Mary’s house and do some games,` Kayla finally said as she stood up and dragged John to the van, saving the awkward moment.

***

Mary didn’t feel comfortable anymore to join her friends playing Wii in the living room. She took her iPod and made her way to the backyard, sitting alone as she played a playlist.

So, Nick actually has a girlfriend?`

Mary opened her eyes and blinked for several times. She hated her mind for having a thought like that. She wanted to not care about anything. What’s Nick to her, again? They’re not even dating or something. Mary had not answer Nick until that night.

Mary O’Callaghan rubbed her forehead and rested his head. She wished those thoughts about Nick Santino would just disappear immediately.

`Mary?` Garrett called as he peeked from the door. The boy slowly made his way to take a seat beside Mary, asking her if she was fine.

`I am,` Mary answered shortly. A weak smile appeared on her face and that made Garrett let an ‘aw’ came out from his mouth as he pulled Mary to his embrace.

`I asked Rachael about her words back at Taco Bell.` Garrett told Mary as he stroke her hair. `She said she knew Nick from his girlfriend, they rarely met each other, though. Rachael said she only met Nick on some parties she rarely joined. And the last time they met each other was almost four or five months ago.` Garrett explained slowly.

Mary just gave Garrett a look of so, what? That’s none of my business, though. Even though deep in her heart, she’s preparing herself for the worst reality she would face sooner or later.

`What I’m going to say is, Rachael might be wrong. She told me so, Mary. Nick might be already broke up with his girlfriend after the last time Rachael met him.` Garrett now let Mary put her head on his shoulder. `Calm yourself and talk to Nick if you really wanna know the truth. I’m sure everything will be alright between you two.`
♠ ♠ ♠
I hate this chapter :( Sorry if you found this weird too :/

I hate writer's block. Damn.

Oh, I updated the characters. Mind to check it? ;)