Status: Slow update but I promise it worth to wait ;)

A Wonderful Surprise

The Carpal Tunnel Of Love

`Hello?`

Nick couldn’t help but smile hearing that voice he had been missing. `Hi Mary, you finally pick up my call!` He said quickly.

`What’s up?` Said that voice again. Mary sounded so fine at that time and that made Nick think that she was all really fine, nothing happened to her. But soon as he was going to speak, he heard Mary said something that made him frowned. `Well, sorry I can’t reach my phone right now. Just leave me a message or text me, I’ll probably call you back later. So, beeeeepp, what’s up?`

Nick hung up before he could hear the actual ‘beep’ sound. He threw his phone to the bed and sat beside it, sighing. He had been trying to call Mary for fifteen times but she never answered any of them. He also had tried to send her bunch of texts but still, he got no answer. Nick was starting to get panicked. He was really afraid if something had happened to her.

`Have you asked John or Garrett about Mary? Maybe they know something.` Halvo suggested Nick once he found the ginger boy were going to be insane for not talking with his crush.

`Garrett? No way,` Nick shook his head. The last time Nick talked to Garrett, it didn’t go so well. Garrett seemed so upset to him the last time they talked. That’s obvious, though. Nick was sure that Garrett was protecting his best friend from a bad guy like him.

`You should go home now,` Garrett told Nick. Garrett didn’t want to look at that Braintree boy; he was really upset for what Nick had done to Mary.

`I need to talk to her.` Nick tried to be calm. He didn’t want to make any fight with Garrett that night.

`Everyone’s leaving. You should too.` Garrett said shortly, pointing at his other friends who were saying good bye to each other. Mary was there too, but she seemed so tired and also not in a good condition. Nick started to be worried as he was going to leave Garrett to Mary but the Nickelsen boy caught his arm first. `I said you should leave.` Garrett’s voice started to get higher.

`Come on, Nick,` Halvo called from the front door. Nick glanced at mad Garrett then left him. He went through the living room where Mary laid on the couch, rubbing her fore head. Nick really would like to go to her if Garrett didn’t keep his eyes on Nick.

`I’m going home now, Mary,` Nick finally said from the corridor, looking at the pale girl.

`Okay,` she answered shortly as she made her way to her room upstairs, didn’t want to have further conversation with Nick.

`You hurt her,` Garrett said coldly. Nick suddenly turned around and met a pair of mad hazel eyes of Garrett Nickelsen. `Don’t ever come back again. You have to leave her.`

Nick didn’t say anything back to Garrett. He watched the Nickelsen boy closed the front door and went to Halvo’s ride, being silent all the way home thinking about what just ruined that night.


`Eric,` Nick called. `Does Garrett loves Mary?`

`They’ve been best friends since babies, Nick. No wonder if Garrett really protect her like a brother.`

`But,` Nick tried to argue, `best friend can somehow grows into something more, right?`

Halvo shrugged his shoulders. `We boys don’t really talk about that, especially Garrett. He’s a really shy guy especially when it comes to girls thingy.`

Nick stayed silent. His eyes were straight to the TV screen even though he didn’t really watch it. Halvo was watching a sitcom and Nick didn’t really care about it.

`Well, just tell me, Nick, what happened between you and Mary? Maybe I can help if you want to just talk to her.`

`I’ll be back home to Braintree soon, remember? I need to make everything straight between me and Mary. I just need to explain so many things to her.`

`You guys have your first couple fight?` Eric Halvorsen giggled but then he stopped to ask, `wait, are you even official already with Mary?`

`No!` Nick groaned in frustration. `We’re not in relationship, Eric.` Nick closed his eyes and covered his face with his hands.

`Oh,` Eric said shortly. `What do you need to explain to her? Like I said before, I probably can help you.`

`I need to tell her that I love her so much,` Nick stopped. `I need to apologize too.`

`About what? What did you do?`

`Eric, even if she’s not in my heart anymore, Lisa’s still my girlfriend. Rachael knows about that and when we talked about that, Mary was there, she’s overheard us. Now I’m so sure that she hates me so bad.`

Eric Halvorsen didn’t answer his friend. He was surprised for what Nick just confessed. Nick looked at his friend hopelessly; he knew he had just hurt more of his friends’ feeling.

`Eric, I’m sorry. I really am.`

`You hurt my best friend, Nicholas. That means you hurt me too.` Eric sighed.

`That’s why, I apologize. I’m so sorry, really. Now I don’t know what should I do.`

`What should you do? Apologize to her, of course!` Halvo got his voice high. He hated Nick for what he did to Halvo’s best friend. But he also knew he needed to help Nick or nothing would be right for them.

No one was talking for some moments. Both Halvo and Nick were busy with their own self. Nick still hoped Mary would answer his calls or messages, so he tried to send some more messages to her. Too bad, none of them were delivered. It seemed like Mary turned her phone off lately. With the fact that Nick didn’t have any guts to come to Mary’s house directly, it would be so hard for him to meet and talk to her.

`Look,` Halvo suddenly said as he showed his phone to Nick.

To: Garrett Nickelsen

Dude, is Mary with you? How’s she? Haven’t heard anything from her lately.
___

To: Eric Halvorsen

She told me she needs to be alone for some times. Sup?
___

To: Garrett Nickelsen

Is it fine if Nick talk to her? He said he really needs to do it.
___

To: Eric Halvorsen

I don’t know. I don’t know if Mary wants to talk with him too, tho.
___

To: Garrett Nickelsen

Well, I guess they need to settle some things up.
___

To: Eric Halvorsen

I’ll talk to her tomorrow.

___

Nick read the conversation between Halvo and Garrett that they just did. He couldn’t be more thankful to his friend.

`Thanks, Man.` Nick said as he sighed.

`That’s all I could only do for you. Good night, Nick.`
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I took almost a month to write this!! Sorryyyy!!!!!!
I lost subscribers for being so late, sorry :(((

Well, I don't know if this chapter's weird or not. I committed to myself I need to finish a chapter today so that's how it came out. You really need to tell me what do you think about this story, okay? okay?

And uh, my profile page messed up, I didn't know what happened with it :( Help? :(