Status: Slow update but I promise it worth to wait ;)

A Wonderful Surprise

This Is War

Dinner that night wasn't really fun for Garrett. He had to sit in front of Nick Santino and heard all conversation about Nick the else's had. Even more, Garrett caught Nick stared at Mary who was sitting beside the Nickelsen and that made his blood boiled.

John, Nick and Halvo dominated the dinner's conversation. They talked about their self, their life, and everything. It seemed like Garrett was the only one who wasn't interested to join the conversation. He just kept looking down to his plate and eating his food without giving any interest to what the others were talking about.

`So, Nick,` John started after he drank his cola, `I guessed you have a special girl to be an inspiration of all your sweet songs.`

`Hahaha,` Nick laughed a little. `Not really, sometimes it's just a random story I composed to be a song.` Explained him.

`Well, I was going to invite you for a double date if you had a girlfriend, though` John showed his tongue to Kayla as she glared to him.

`Well, maybe we can go someday,` Nick smiled. He then looked at Mary without everyone but Garrett realized it.

Everyone then finished their meals—Garrett was the one who was firstly done. He glanced to his side where Mary's sitting. There, the girl didn't finish her meal but more like thinking about something as her eyes kept wandering to Nick.

`Hey,` Garrett poked Mary and she finally went back to the real life. `You okay?` Asked him. Once Mary nodded to him, Garrett told Mary to finish her meals. He himself drank his beverage and went away to clean up his stuffs.

Mary starred at Garrett who was doing his dish. Mary found it's weird to see Garrett finished his meals earlier than his friends and even more weird to see him cleaning things. That's not what Garrett usually do when he's around his friends. But she didn't really mind it, though. She thought that Garrett might finally tried to be a tidy boy as she often wished.

As Mary went back to her meal, she caught Nick starring at her. Nick had already finished with his dinner but since everyone's still eating, no one talked with him. Mary starred back to Nick as she raised her eyebrow, motioning to ask what's up. She saw Nick showed a little smile to her as he got up and went to clean his dish.

Nick went to the sink with a dirty plate on his hand. There, Garrett was still busy—he didn't wash something there, he was more like playing with water and bubbles like he had nothing else to do. At first, Nick wasn't planning to greet him. But it might not be polite for to not greet someone near him, so he said a simple hi to the Nickelsen boy.

`Hi too,` Garrett simply greeted Nick back. He finally stopped playing water and dried his hands.

`What are you doing here, huh?` Asked Nick.

`Just like how you saw it.` Garrett answered coldly. He was going to leave Nick there but the next sentence he heard from Nick stopped him.

`You're jealous with me, huh?` Nick smirked wider as Garrett turned back to him. `I saw your mad face every time you caught me starring at Mary.`

`So? Don't be too confident, Dude.`

`I don't. I always know she likes me—until now, do you know that?` Nick smirked again. He could see Garrett's face became red.

`But she doesn't deserve someone like you.` Garrett shrugged his shoulders as he showed his most annoying face to Nick.

`We'll see.` Said Nick in confident before Garrett finally just rolled his eyes.

`Yeah, we'll see.`
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry if this one really sucks :(