Status: On Hiatus

Before the Fame

Day with Nick Part I

The next morning I woke up to Nick’s voice, but he wasn’t happy. Even though he was whispering, the bus was really quiet besides the rumble.

N: No, I didn’t ignore you yesterday. What did you expect me to do?
*silence before he sighs*
N: Please stop arguing with me. I’m getting really tired of this.
*silence*
N: Because, Miles, it’s after 7 in the morning which you woke me up by calling me only to end up arguing with me. I don’t have time for it.
*silence*
N: Because I went to sleep late last night.
*silence*
N: Yes, it was her first night on the bus, but we just talked.
*silence*
N: Yes. Is talking so wrong?
*silence*
N: I gotta go. I need my rest to argue with you later.

Groggily, I pulled the curtain back before getting out of my bunk to check on him. I walked to the same couch we were sitting on last night finding him there. His eyes snapped up at me before he spoke.

“Hey, what are you doing up?” he asked in a soft, concerned tone standing as he wrapped an arm around me to lead me to the couch seeing as I was still half-sleep.

“I should be asking you the same thing. I heard you arguing with Miley again,” I said in a concerned tone.

He sighed shaking his head before speaking.

“I’m sorry I woke you. I didn’t mean-,” he began, but I cut across him.

“It’s OK. Just get some rest,” I said uncontrollably resting my head on his shoulder.

A breath escaped me before I passed out again.



I woke up some time later back in my bunk, scratching my already messy hair before I climbed out again this time everyone else awake.

“Hey, sleepy head!” Joe said enthusiastically.

I frowned at him as my eyes landed on Nick whom was in the mini-kitchen with pancakes on a plate already made for me as well as a glass of orange juice. A small smile appeared on my lips as I hugged each person, getting to Nick last.

"Arigatou!” I said happily to Nick as I gratefully took the food he offered.

The boys stared at me before Nick spoke.

“What?” he asked in confusion.

“It means thank you in Japanese. Didn’t you guys used to watch anime?” I asked in a whiny tone seeing as they used to.

“Like three years ago I did,” Joe answered causing my mouth to drop.

“Three years ago?! You need to catch up on it! There are some really good ones out now,” I suggested, taking a bite of the deliciousness.

They shook their heads at me as I ate.

“So what’s on the agenda for today?” Joe asked Kevin.

“Nothing much really. I think you and I will be on Dad’s bus while Sam and Nick will be brainstorming on the duet song,” he answered casually.

“What are you guys gonna be doing?” Nick asked before I could.

“Just going over the order in which the songs are going to be performed,” Kevin answered nervously.

“Don’t I need to be there to do that, too?” Nick asked as though it were obvious.

“Uh, nope. Two out of three is enough,” Joe answered just as the bus came to a stop.

“We’ll get you stuff that you need while you get dressed. Just tell Nick what you want,” Kevin said in a weird tone before he and Joe walked off of the bus.

Nick and I stared after them before I spoke.

“It seems like they’re up to something, doesn’t it?” I asked. He nodded in agreement as I walked back to my bunk to grab some money.

As I searched I thought of the things I’d possibly need as well as an outfit. Once I got both, I walked over to Nick before speaking.

“Um, just some gum, Propel, and gummy snacks,” I said with a shrug.

“You sure that’s all?” he asked, accepting the money from me.

I nodded in return before heading to the bathroom to change into this, brushing my teeth and then combing my hair to its usual style before walking out.

When I did, Nick had returned with all of the things I’d asked for including some extra things for himself. A small smile appeared on my lips before I spoke, picking up one of the snacks.

“Skittles? Starburst? Doritos and Funyons?” I asked with a short laugh.

“Well, we needed more things besides candy,” he pointed out. I nodded in agreement as he stared at me.

“What?” I asked in confusion.

“N-nothing. Do you have pen and paper?” he asked. I walked back to my bunk before pulling out two memo pads and pens before walking back to the front.

Just as I was doing so, however, the bus’s ignition started again jerking me forward and I began to fall, but I didn’t hit the ground. A groan escaped the both of us as I lay on top of Nick, my catcher. We panted slightly, staring at one another before I moved, helping Nick up afterwards. Once our hands met, though, a spark ignited in me, but I quickly let go of him before I walked to the couch.

I tucked some of my hair behind my ears just he spoke.

“So, what kind of song do you want to write?” he asked, picking up the items I’d dropped handing one of each to me.

“I don’t know, really,” I admitted, scratching my hair as I thought.

“What do you think about this?” he asked, handing me his pad that had some lyrics written on it.

I read them, before adding something to them. We collaborated until chorus only getting the first verse done before we called the song quits.

“We’re going to need Kevin and Joe,” I said, but it sounded like a question.

“Yep. You wanna watch more TV?” he asked referring to the previous night.

I laughed lightly before replying with a yes. He tossed me the remote as he placed our memo pads in my bunk just as I began flipping through the channels.

As I was flipping, it landed on E!, a picture of me, Nick, and Miley on the screen with the words “LOVE TRIANGLE?” in huge letters.

“Nick, come here, quick!” I called frantically, him rushing to my side in a moment’s time. We stared at the screen as the reporter spoke.

“This just in-Teen sensations Nick Jonas of the Jonas Brothers, Miley Cyrus also known as Hannah Montana and Samantha Parker seem to be in some sort of love triangle. According to them a few days previously, they announced to the world about going on tour with one another which starts on October 18th while the boy’s solo tour ends on the 15th. Parker whom, according to sources, has been friends with the Brothers for quite some time now, but that hasn’t been bliss for this trio. According to a source whom knows Cyrus has reported that she and Jonas have been arguing for days ever since the Brothers reunion with Parker. Rumors have begun to spread that it’s Parker’s fault for this couple’s most recent problems. Will they make up or break up? I’m Alyson Baker with the latest scoop.

We sat in silence for a minute before either of us did anything. Nick pulled out his phone just as it rung. He put whoever it was on speaker phone, catching me off guard.

N: I can’t believe you told the media about us arguing!
M: I can’t believe you haven’t called me back!
He sighed heavily as I ran a hand through my hair before he spoke again.
N: What the hell does that have to do with anything?
M: It has to do with everything! I bet you’re hanging out with her right now!
Our eyes met for a few moments before she spoke again.
M: See?! I knew it! Just admit you like her, Nick!
N: I do like her-as a friend!
M: Whatever! *click*

He tossed the phone to the other couch before plopping down next to me. I stood feeling uncomfortable as I walked to my bunk expecting Nick to follow me. He did soon after, opening his mouth to speak.

“Don’t listen to Miley-,” he began, but I cut across him.

“Do you?” I asked, staring at him standing next to the bunks as he stood in front of me.

He opened his mouth to answer, but no words came out. A sigh escaped me as my heart raced before I climbed into my bunk without another word.

I didn’t want to deal with this drama. It wasn’t necessary. None of it was necessary.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey, guys! This story is my main focus so it's going go get updated more often than any other story I have on this site, so please don't forget to comment and/or subscribe for more updates.

The next update will be really soon so please stay tuned.