Status: On Hiatus

Before the Fame

First Sound Check

The boys rocked out at their sound check asking questions during and after it was over. Before I knew it, it was time for me to head out there.

Surprisingly, however, the small group of about 30-40 people whom had passes cheered excitedly as Joe introduced me onto the stage.

I smiled, putting my sunglasses onto my head before moving a piece of my hair out of my face as happiness filled me.

It was even better when some people shouted, “I love you, Sam!” to me making me smile even brighter.

“I love you guys, too,” I said into the mic.

The crowd cheered as many people had either cameras or their phones trying to capture as much video of the entire sound check. I performed 3 songs without the ear things singing each song in perfect pitch when finally it was time for the questions.

“You guys excited about the concert tonight?” I asked with a bright smile.

They responded with positive cheers.

“So, I guess it’s time for questions,” I said with a laugh.

I wasn’t too big on getting distracted while I performed my songs except for every now and then, but this was my first sound check I’d done with this many people.

A girl with long, brunette hair and brown eyes raised her hand and I picked her out first. She was probably farthest from me standing way in the back, but silence reigned as she asked her question.

“Do you write all of your songs?” she asked.

A polite laugh escaped me before I answered her.

“Yes. I mostly write them about things that have happened to me or what I’m going through at the time when I write them,” I answered honestly.

A younger girl around 12-13 raised her hand and she was to my right of the stage as I pointed to her.

“Are you excited about being on tour?” she asked, her light brown hair and blue eyes widening in excitement from me picking her.

“Absolutely. The boys are close friends of mine and Miley’s a good friend, too, so I’m sure this tour will be fun,” I partially-lied.

Another girl in the middle raised her hand and I picked her. She wore an AC/DC shirt which caught my eye. Her dark brown hair was down as her brown eyes also widened slightly from shock.

“What do you do in your spare time?” she asked.

I wrinkled my brows as I thought about an answer.

“Um, I don’t really do anything besides surf the net or just relax, really. I just kind of wait for songs to come to me instead of trying to force them out when I’m going through things, you know? But to be honest, I just relax and read sometimes,” I answered.

The questions that followed were about the same. After that was done, the boys came out again as I stayed on stage with them this time. They handed me an electric guitar for me to play a song called Inseparable with them.

The crowd cheered in excitement as Joe spoke.

“Can you really play Inseparable?” he asked me through the mic.

I, whom didn’t have a mic answered him.

“Yeah!” I said with a shocked expression. Nick walked over to me helping me strap it properly before patting me on the back once before he stood in his spot and spoke into his microphone.

“So, we wrote this song last year and got it recorded for the new album this year. It was a fun song to record,” he said while the girls screamed at his words.

I laughed, but it was muffled slightly over the music, but Kevin smiled before laughing with me. Typical Nick to speak about a song he wrote for Miley.

His met my own as he spoke again.

“1, 2, 3, 4!” he counted before we strummed in unison before he sung.

Take my hand tonight,
We can run so far
We could change the world into anything we want.
We could stop for hours,
Just staring at the stars
While they shine down to show us


We strummed even more as the boys sung in unison. I sung, but it couldn’t be heard by anyone.

That you know when the sun forgets to shine,
I’ll be there to hold you through the night
And we’ll be runnin’ so fast we could fly tonight,
And even when we’re miles and miles apart,
You’re still holdin’ all of my heart.
I promise it will never be dark,
I know we’re inseparable


Nick glanced towards me, but quickly returned his attention back to the crowd.

We could run forever if you wanted to,
I would not get tired because I’d be with you.
I keep singing this song until the very end.
We have done all these things.


I rocked out on the guitar since this song had awesome chords to it as the boys re-sung the chorus, the girls going crazier by the second.

That you know when the sun forgets to shine,
I’ll be there to hold you through the night
And we’ll be runnin’ so fast we could fly tonight,
And even when we’re miles and miles apart,
You’re still holdin’ all of my heart.
I promise it will never be dark,
I know we’re inseparable


Joe took his mic and then walked over to me as he sung to me causing the girls to go even crazier.

I would give it all
and never let you fall
‘cause you know we’re inseparable!
I would give it all
Just to show you I’m in love
‘Cause you know we’re inseparable!

The kick-ass guitar solo came in as Kevin, Nick, and I rocked the crap out of the guitars. After that was done, the chorus repeated again.

You know when the sun forgets to shine,
I’ll be there to hold you through the night
And we’ll be runnin’ so fast we could fly tonight,
And even when we’re miles and miles apart,
You’re still holdin’ all of my heart.
I promise it will never be dark,
I know we’re inseparable


The final guitar solo came as I rocked my head to the chords, playing with them to the end. When the song ended, the crowd cheered louder than ever as I panted slightly.

“Wow! You really can play!” Kevin said into his mic.

I smiled as one of the crew members came over to take the guitar off of me before walking to the boys as we smiled to the crowd them cheering again.

“You think it’s time for more questions?” Joe asked knowing the sound check was coming to an end.

“Just one more,” Nick answered getting the OK from his dad whom stood some distance from the stage nodding his head.

“Is it fun playing with the boys?” a blond Kevin picked asked to me.

I laughed as more cheers and whistles came from the crowd. Nick quickly handed me his mic to answer.

“It’s definitely fun. That was our first performance together,” I answered not wanting to mention the previous time we’d performed.

“Thank you guys for coming out here for this sound check. We’ll see you tonight. We love you!” Joe exclaimed into the mic before we headed back stage.
♠ ♠ ♠
I do not own the song that was used in this chapter. That song was Inseparable by the Jonas Brothers.

I have an announcement to make!:

It is official that I, Lon3lyangel, will be doing a a rewrite of Confessions of a Famous Teenage Actress. I repeat: I will be doing a rewrite of the sequel to this story. It will be released after this story, Before the Fame is over.

:D

So, with that said, I have a lot on my plate this year so make sure you stay tuned to all of my stories that aren't completed yet. You never know when they'll be updated (besides this story) or when any new stories will be released.

Anyways, please don't be a silent reader and as always, please don't forget to comment and subscribe.