Status: On Hiatus

Before the Fame

First Concert

Before I knew it, time had passed and it was finally time for the concert. I wore this sitting in a chair as make-up was added to my face by the make-up woman whom worked with me.

The hair stylist put my hair pin-straight so that it could move any way I wanted to without messing up while I was on stage, but I was nervous.

I picked at my newly manicured, French-tipped nails as I gulped nervously. To my surprise, the boys entered my dressing room gaping in awe. Both stylists had just finished, so I stood walking towards the boys.

“W-what? Is it bad?” I asked, shaking a piece of hair from my eyes. It was parted diagonally to the right with the right front side covering some of my face.

“No, it’s not!” Kevin said in awe. I stared at each person before raising a brow in skepticism as the stylists walked out.

“I’m nervous, guys and acting weird isn’t going to help,” I admitted scratching my head.

“Well, just imagine everyone naked. That’ll do the job,” Joe suggested, but Nick elbowed him.

“That won’t help, Joe!” Nick exclaimed as though he were stupid.

“Just breathe, you know? We still get a little nervous, too,” Kevin admitted. Joe nodded in agreement while Nick stared at me.

I bit my lip out of nerves before one of the crew members entered the room telling us we had two minutes. A nervous groan escaped me as we filed out first Kevin, then Joe, me, and finally Nick.

A sigh escaped me as I stood waiting to go on stage. Joe and Kevin gave me hugs before walking off while Nick stood there.

“Just think it’s only you singing with us,” he said in a nervous tone.

“That’s easier said than done with the screams,” I admitted.

“Just relax, OK? You’ll be great,” he said shaking his nerves away.

At first, I thought he was going to leave me with that, but he didn’t. He embraced me in a hug, but it wasn’t the usual “good luck” hug. It was a hug you’d give to someone you hadn’t seen in a long time. We stood like that for what seemed like hours before a crew member gave me the 30 second warning.

Nick pulled away before smiling, backing slowly away as the cheers got increasingly louder. The music started and I walked out on stage, the crowd going wild at my appearance.

I walked to the stool that was on stage as well as the mic as a crew member handed me a guitar which was acoustic.

I smiled out to the crowd, sitting on the stool as I began strumming the intro chords of the song over and over again. The crowd got even louder realizing it was a song they’d never heard before.

I wrote the song the same night of the performance, but told Mr. Jonas about it. He told the crew thus tweaking my set-up a little bit. I was going to only sing 3 songs so I chose them including the new one. My thoughts drifted back the crowd as I spoke into the mic.

“Hello, Valdosta, Georgia!” I partially yelled into the mic causing the crowd to cheer louder than usual. I licked my lips before speaking again.

“I know there have been some rumors going on lately about this so-called feud between Miley and I..but it’s not true,” I began. There were some whistles as well as cries from the crowd.

“I wrote this new song recently which will be released on my next album next year. I hope you like it. It’s called No One,” I concluded, strumming the intro for a final time before I started to sing.

I am moving through the crowd,
Trying to find myself.
Feel like a guitar that’s never played.
Will someone strum away?


And I ask myself
Who do I wanna be?
Do I wanna throw away the key
And invent a whole new me?
And I tell myself
No one,
No one, don’t wanna be
No one, but me.


I took a breath as I saw some people in the audience crying as I started the next verse.

You are moving through the crowd
Trying to find yourself
Feelin’ like a doll left on the shelf
Will someone take you down?


And you ask yourself
Who do I wanna be?
Do I wanna throw away the key,
and invent a whole new me,
Gotta tell yourself
No one,
No one, don’t wanna be
No one, but me.


I strummed the guitar even more as I sung my heart out to them.

Your life plays out on the shadows of the wall,
You turn the light off to erase it all.
You wonder what it’s like to not feel worthless
So open all the blinds and all the curtains!


No one!
No one,
Don’t wanna be no one but me
Yeaaah


When you’re movin’ through the crowd.

I strummed the final chord, the crowd going wild.

“So you liked that one, huh?” I asked with a laugh.

The crowd responded with loud cheers and whistles. A crew member came up to me to take the guitar while another came to take the stool.

“Well, here’s a familiar one,” I said as the music started playing.

I opened my mouth and sung, taking the mic off of the stand as dancers appeared dancing behind me.

Let’s go back,
Back to the beginning
Back to when the earth, the sun, the stars all aligned.
Cause perfect didn’t feel so perfect.
Trying to fit a square into a circle was no lie.

I defyyyyy


Let the rain fall down and wake my dreams,
Let it wash away my sanity,
Cause I wanna fell the thunder, I wanna scream.
Let the rain fall down I’m coming clean
I’m coming clean
Oh-oh


I nodded my head to the music before walking to the end of the stage singing in a low tone increasing as I went through the second verse.

I’m shedding, shedding every color
Trying to find a pigment of truth beneath my skin
Oh-oh
Because different doesn’t feel so different
And going out is better than always staying in

Feel the wiiiiiiiiiind


Let the rain fall down and wake my dreams,
Let it wash away my sanity,
Cause I wanna fell the thunder, I wanna scream
Let the rain fall down I’m comin’ clean
I’m coming clean


I’m coming clean
Ayee-yeaaaah


The music decreased in intensity as I sung in a very calm tone.

Let the rain fall,
Let the rain fall, I’m coming.


It increased in speed and intensity again as I sung louder than the previous time.

Let the rain fall down and wake my dreams,
Let it wash away my sanity,
Cause I wanna fell the thunder!
I wanna scream!
Let the rain fall down I’m coming clean
I’m coming clean


The chorus played in the background as I sung to the crowd.

IIIIII’m coming clean! IIIII’m coming clean!
Let the rain fall,
Let the rain fall,
Let the rain fall, I’m coming clean


The music decreased in intensity for a final time as the song came to the end.

Hmmm
Oh-whoah
Let’s go back, back to the beginning.


The crowd cheered again louder than the previous song as I caught my breath at the end. I laughed again as I sung the final song, So Yesterday. Once I finished that song, my time came to an end so I panted heavily a little before speaking into the mic.

“Are you guys ready for the Jonas Brothers?!” I asked excitedly sort of shouting into the mic.

The crowd cheered even louder. I smiled, moving some of my now slightly messy hair out of my face just as the boys came out running to me. Joe flashed me a smile while Kevin came out strumming his guitar as did Nick. Each guy hugged me; Nick’s lasting a few seconds longer than the rest before I waved as Joe spoke into his mic.

“Thank you, Sam! Give it up for Samantha Parker, everyone!” he exclaimed, the crowd cheering even louder than any other time.

I bowed quickly before heading into the back as I enjoyed the rest of the concert.
♠ ♠ ♠
I do not own the songs that were used in this chapter. Those songs are No One by Aly and AJ (otherwise known as 78 Violet) and Come Clean by Hilary Duff.

Not much to say about this chapter so please don't forget to comment and subscribe.