Status: On Hiatus

Before the Fame

Sam's Birthday: Part I

-November 1, 2007-

We were in Oakland, California and it was my 17th birthday. The guys knew, but they hadn’t done anything besides say “happy birthday” to me.

I wasn’t really depressed to be honest. I had performed some songs just as before and was so far having a drama-free tour with Miley. It was weird to say the least. The only thing that caught my attention over the past few weeks had to be the fact that she tried getting Nick to hang out with her whenever I was alone which was beginning to bug me.

As much as I disliked her, however, she was Nick’s girlfriend so there was nothing I could do about the matter. Currently, however, I was on stage performing On the Line for the umpteenth time of this tour, but I was having a blast.

What surprised me the most had to be when the song ended, Joe spoke into his microphone.

“So, we know it’s a certain someone’s birthday today,” he said in a teasing tone.

I laughed as the crowd cheered before I peered out into the crowd as I read more signs that read happy birthday in big, bold letters.

“As always, we can’t let this person’s birthday go by without doing something for her, right?” Kevin asked.

The crowd cheered even louder as Joe spoke again.

“But what should we give her?” he asked as he thought out loud, the crowd squealing in excitement.

I shook my head towards them trying to tell them I was fine, but they didn’t listen. I was caught off guard even more when Nick spoke.

“How about a song?” he asked strumming his now acoustic guitar a crew member brought him on stage.

The crowd cheered, squealed, and shouted in excitement as I laughed trying to keep myself together for the blushing to disappear, but it didn’t. The girls began squealing as Joe walked over with a stool, placing it in between him and his brothers. Kevin began strumming his guitar the same time as Nick did playing the chords to Hello Beautiful.

The crowd went wild as I sat there smiling all the while at them. Nick moved his mic (which was on its stand) closer to me as Kevin only walked closer still strumming. It didn’t take long for Nick to start singing.

Hello beautiful,
How’s it going?
I hear it’s wonderful in Florida


The crowd went crazy at him saying that even though we were in California. I laughed to hide my blushing as he continued singing.

I’ve been missin’ you,
It’s true.


Joe came over to me taking my hand and I mean actually taking it; not that plain holding he did to fans before he started singing.

But tonight I’m gonna fly,
Yeah, tonight I’m gonna fly!
Cause I could comb across the world
And see everything
And never be satisfied
If I couldn’t see those eyes


Nick sung his part next staring only at me.

Hello, beautiful,
It’s been a long time,
Since my phone’s rung,
And you’ve been on that line.
And I’ve been missin’ you.
It’s true.


The crowd went crazy as they sung with Joe.

but tonight, I’m gonna fly
Yeah, tonight I’m gonna fly!
Oh, yeah!
Cause I could comb across the world
And see everything
And never be satisfied!
If I couldn’t see


He held the “e” in see for a while as the girls squealed. I lightly laughed as I thought of how sweet these guys were just before Joe finished the song.

those eyes

The crowd cheered in excitement before I got off of my stool to hug each brother first Kevin, then Joe, and finally Nick. Then, to my surprise again, a crew member came from behind the stage with a birthday cake that had 17 lit candles. I gaped in awe and shock as the tears filled my eyes at them. I smiled seeing the cake was all chocolate with white, vanilla frosting.

Soon enough, the boys began singing happy birthday, the crowd quickly joining in. That night was one of the best birthdays I ever had.



The following night arrived and I was pumped again. I quickly got onto the bus seeing as the guys were going to take me out for my birthday as late as it was, but I didn’t care. I changed into this leaving my hair in the soft, straight way it was taking a sigh before stepping out and off of the bus as the guys waited for me.

They too had changed into more elegant yet casual clothing and I squealed in happiness.

Joe smiled at me as Kevin let out a small laugh. Nick was the only one who smirked at me. Joe then walked over to me holding out an arm on my right as Kevin did the same to my left. I smiled before putting an arm through each. It was very sweet to say the least.

When we arrived to the limo, Nick opened the door and as usual, the guys let me climb in first. What caught me off guard had to be the fact that Miley was already in the car. Her long, flowing natural hair was straight with some of it pinned back, but she was in this.

I smiled a little at her wondering why she chose to come in the first place, but that thought was washed away when Nick sat next to her and I quickly understood; he had to have convinced her through begging. I smiled in excitement as we took off.



About an hour later, we arrived to a secluded bowling alley causing me to get really, really excited. I practically jumped out of the limo when I got out of it causing the boys to laugh. Miley was on Nick’s left arming with him as Kevin and Joe resumed their previous places on both of mine.

We proceeded towards the alley, seeing only a few cars parked there. I bit my lip as the nerves started getting to me, but when we entered, I realized there were only people the guys knew like Mandy, Joe’s ex and Maya, Nick’s childhood best friend. I was introduced to everyone there getting birthday wishes and warm hugs before we changed into our bowling shoes.

I sat next to Joe as Kevin was up bowling when I finally spoke.

“I’ve never been bowling before!” I said in a loud tone over the music that was playing.

“Never?!” Joe asked in shock. I shook my head in return before he took my hand as it was his turn.

When a coincidental, blue bowling ball came out, he grabbed it, holding it as I stuck my fingers in the holes. He stood behind me guiding me with his own hands as laughter escaped me.

“This isn’t going to end well,” I teased as we stood.

“Yeah, it will. Just do it like this,” he said continuing to guide my hands with his. It wasn’t before long when we let go of the ball to let it hit the pins and sure enough, I got a full strike.

I squealed, hugging Joe as we both laughed.

“See? I said you could do it,” he said with a smile, ruffling my hair a little before walking back to his seat.

A proud smile covered my lips as I skipped-yes, skipped back to my seat. Nick went up next, but plastered a fake smile on his lips and I could see clearly through it. I wrinkled my brows in confusion as Joe went to the bathroom. Kevin was over by Maya chatting with her, but was out of earshot of us.

What surprised me again had to be the fact that Miley spoke.

“I think you should hook up with Joe,” she said in an honest tone. I stared at her as though she were crazy, my eyes almost bulging out of their sockets.

“What?!” I exclaimed incredulously.

“Well, I mean, he obviously likes you,” she said as though it were obvious.

I burst out laughing for a few moments before I recomposed myself.

“You’re kidding, right?” I asked in the same tone as before.

“No, I’m not. Joe likes you, so you should go after him,” she repeated.

I wrinkled my brows at her before speaking.

“Joe doesn’t like me that way. He and I are just friends,” I said as though she were stupid.

She scoffed before speaking a final time.

“OK,” she said in a disbelieving tone. I rolled my eyes as Nick finally rolled the ball he had, it easily striking the pins.

What the heck was going on with him? Better yet, why did Miley tell me to go after Joe? I was confused beyond belief.
♠ ♠ ♠
Double posting cause Mibba crashed and lost 2-3 chapters of data including my newest story Them.

T_T