Status: On Hiatus

Before the Fame

Filming

We were then moved to a different set that had heat as well as prom decorations on the inside, but we weren’t allowed to see it yet. We had to change, so we did. I changed into this as extensions were added to my hair to make it longer and style it to the style they wanted it to be. The same was done for Ashley, but Brittney had hers in beautiful curls like mine, but different.

We exited our trailers, the boys already inside as I waited. Mr. Miller came up to me, to talk to me about the scene.

“I liked the improvising from the last scene. You remember what to do this scene, right?” he asked.

I nodded my head eagerly before he spoke again.

“OK, so, you’re OK with singing? We’ve prepared a song for you to sing. Is that alright?” he asked.

I cleared my throat before speaking.

“You mean the song that I’m supposed to sing to Louis, I mean Noel?” I asked.

“Yeah. Here are the lyrics. You’ve got five minutes to memorize them. Good luck,” he said before walking away.

Pacing, I began panicking but managed to memorize the song.



-Five minutes later-

I walked into the “gym”, a spotlight shining on me as I ignored it, walking to the middle of the dance floor.

Noel walked away from Brittney who had a look on her face as though she despised me, but I knew she didn’t. She stood some distance away as Noel began his lines on me.

“Angel, y-you look amazing,” he stammered.

“Thanks so do you,” I complimented back, a small smile on my lips before I looked back at Brittney whom was talking to some extras around her.

“You’re with Myra, I see,” I said with a slightly sad expression before I shook my head, my hair shaking a little.

“It’s no big deal, you know? You chose her so I wish you both happiness,” I said with a smile before I turned, stopping when Noel spoke.

“I came here alone. I just sort of ran into Myra,” he said in an honest tone.

I hesitated like I was supposed to before turning to face him.

“OK. What am I supposed to say to that?” I asked with a slight attitude.

“You’re supposed to say, ‘Really, Louis? I believe you’,” he said in a weird voice.

I gave him an emotionless expression before turning, then walking away.

He tried calling me, but I continued walking into the “crowd” of people.



Eventually, Brittney’s turn came to talk after her many lines to cue me to go on. She was “scolding” Noel as I approached the stage.

Once I was on stage, all eyes were on me as my nerves started to get the better of me. I stared out at the crowd as I began my lines again.

“How’s everyone on this prom night?” I asked, getting “cheers” from everyone.

A bright smile covered my lips before is spoke again.

“Alright. I’m going to sing a song for a really great guy. I hope he gets the message,” I said, my eyes lingering on Noel.

The music started through the speakers before I opened my mouth to sing.

I'm an angel, I'm a devil,
I am sometimes in between.
I'm bad as it can get,
And good as it can be.
Sometimes I'm a million colors,
Sometimes I'm black and white,
I am all extremes.
Try to figure me out, you never can,
There's so many things I am.

I am special,
I am beautiful,
I am wonderful,
And powerful,
Unstoppable.
Sometimes I'm miserable,
Sometimes I'm pitiful,
But that's so typical of all the things I am


I was surprised to see Noel along with everyone else smiling others with shocked expressions. I didn’t know if I sounded good or what, but no one yelled “cut!” or anything so I continued.

I'm someone filled with self-belief,
I'm haunted by self-doubt,
I've got all the answers,
I've got nothing figured out,
I like to be by myself,
I hate to be alone,
I'm up and I am down,
But that's part of the thrill,
Part of the plan,
Part of all of the things I am!


I am special,
I am beautiful,
I am wonderful,
And powerful,
Unstoppable.
Sometimes I'm miserable,
Sometimes I'm pitiful,
But that's so typical of all the things I am!


I stared at Noel, singing to him alone as the spotlight was on me.

I'm a million contradictions
Sometimes I make no sense
Sometimes I'm perfect
Sometimes I'm a mess
Sometimes I'm not sure who I am


The music decreased in intensity and I sung in a low tone, my voice rising after the fifth line.

But, I am special,
I am beautiful,
I am wonderful,
And powerful,
Unstoppable.
Sometimes I'm miserable,
Sometimes I'm pitiful,
But that's so typical of all the things I am!


I am special,
I am beautiful,
I am wonderful,
And powerful,
Unstoppable.
Sometimes I'm miserable,
Sometimes I'm pitiful,
But that's so typical of all the things I am!

Of all the things I am!

Sometimes I'm miserable,
Sometimes I'm pitiful,
But that's so typical of all the things I am.

Of all the things I am!


The music ended and everyone clapped for real and not because it was in the script even though it was. I walked off of the stage when Noel approached me, the expression on his face slightly nervous.

“That song was about me obviously wasn’t it?” he asked.

“Yeah, it was. You missed out on a lot,” I said reciting my lines as though it were natural now.

“No, I didn’t,” he said causing me to give him a confused look.

“I knew all of those things about you. I just lied to myself about it, you know? I tried to convince myself to believe that I needed Myra, but I don’t-I never did since I met you,” he said.

I blushed as I smiled not showing my teeth.

“So, what does that mean?” I asked, wanting him to clarify.

“That means I’m asking you, Ang, can you give me another chance even though I was a huge idiot?” he asked staring at me with those blue orbs of his.

I stared at him, walking around him, then behind him like I was supposed to before he finally spoke.

“Uh, what are you doing?” he asked.

“I’m looking to see if the old you is with you, but I see that’s in the past,” I answered in the cheesiest way possible.

A smile broke out on his lips as he stretched out his right hand, me taking it with my own as we danced slowly to the music. The dancing continued for a few minutes as I tried not to hyperventilate. This was the closest I’d been to Noel besides earlier when he stood next to me.

Eventually Mr. Miller yelled “cut!” for all of us to stop dancing and we clapped, knowing this magical scene was coming to an end.

“Great job today, guys! We’re going to push the photo shoot and interview to tomorrow instead since it’s kind of late now, so see you guys tomorrow! You were great!” he gushed, everyone smiling and hugging one another to change back into our original clothes.



I waited for my mom with Romeo and Noel. Ashley and the others had already gone home or to their hotels as we waited to go home now. We were always the last ones to leave, but surprisingly, Mr. Miller finished first, Romeo going home currently.

“Well, see you guys tomorrow,” Romeo said, hugging me first before shaking hands with Noel.

“See ya,” we said in unison before we were left completely alone.

I scratched my actual hair since I had an itch. I pulled out my phone, surfing the internet for no reason when Noel spoke.

“Did you want to hang out sometime?” he asked in a nervous tone catching me off guard.

My mouth stood wide open for a moment before I spoke.

“Y-you mean like as friends or-?” I asked, trailing off.

“I-I guess, yeah,” he said, biting his lip afterwards.

I smiled trying to hide my blushing, failing miserably.

“I’d love to,” I answered honestly.

“G-great. U-um-your mom’s here,” he said staring past me.

I turned to look over my right shoulder and sure enough she pulled up in her car.

“OK. Just call or text me later,” I said in a shy tone.

“OK,” he said with a satisfied smile.

I waved before climbing into the car, my mom giving me a weird look.

“What?” I asked.

“Nothing,” she said in a snappy tone before driving us to our hotel room.
♠ ♠ ♠
I do not own the song that was used in this chapter. That song is called I Am by Hilary Duff.

I'll probably update this story very often so expect semi-fast updates.

Please don't forget to comment and/or subscribe.