Status: On Hiatus

Before the Fame

First Photo Shoot

The next morning arrived and I woke up with a huge smile on my face as I thought about Noel and I’s conversation the previous night.

S: Hey, Noel
N: Hey, Samantha. You made it home OK?
S: You mean before or after my mom drove like a maniac all the way to the hotel? *laughs*
N: After *laughs*
S: Yes, I did. Did you time me or something, Noel?
N: Yes, I timed you. *sarcastically*
S: *laughs* Well, I’d call that stalker-ish.
N: I’m a huge stalker! *jokingly*
S: Well, I’d better call my lawyer.
N&S: *laughs*
N: Can I ask you a question?
S: Of course.
N: Would you think of us hanging out tomorrow differently if I said it wasn’t a ‘just friends’ thing?
S: *silence as squeal is held back*
N: Sam?
S: *clears throat* Um, it depends. Would I have to dress up?
N: It’d be nice, I suppose.
S: OK. It’s fine.
N: Alright, well, see you tomorrow. I gotta go.
S: OK. Bye.
N: Bye.


I ran a hand through my hair as I went into my bathroom to change into this before I combed my hair, parting it to the left.

I went to the kitchen, my mom going through her more expensive cell phone than my Sidekick.

“OK, it’s almost 7 now, so you know you’ll have your photo shoot first with the cast. Then at 9 you have an interview, 9:30 you’ll have an interview with your cast members. Then, at 11 you’ll have an interview with Noel and at 12 you have to pack because someone from the UTA wants to talk to you about singing and if you get the contract, we have to go back to L.A.,” she listed in a nonchalant tone.

I grabbed a yogurt and a couple of pieces of toast off of the counter before speaking.

“For my singing? How did they know-?” I began, but I pieced everything together in my mind.

“For goodness sake, Samantha will you wear something other than sweats to places? It’s unprofessional,” she scolded walking to my room to pick something out for me to wear later.

I rolled my eyes as I stuffed my face until she called me to leave.



When we arrived to the studio, Noel and the others were dressed similarly to me except Ashley and Brittney. I see they must have come early. Noel walked over to me just as the others said their hello’s, him embracing me in a hug causing the group to silence.

Cautiously, I hugged him back, taken aback by his affection. I looked at the others seeing them smiling small smiles, but they were happy ones.

“How are you today?” he asked in a low tone.

“I’m fine. How are you?” I asked in a shy tone feeling the blush in my cheeks.

“I’m better now that you’re here,” he said in a certain tone.

I smiled, licking my lips as a woman came over clapping.

“I’m Chantel and I’ll be your photographer for today. Your stations are over there and I just want fun energy, OK?” she asked in a kind tone with the same smile.

We nodded in agreement before going our separate ways. First it was Romeo and Ashley posing together. Then it was Brittney and Romeo, and finally me.

I was asked to wear this posing happily wrapping my right arm around his back smiling brightly while giving the peace sign with my left hand.

Then, I posed with Noel, a surprised expression on my lips as my mouth was open holding a hand to my mouth.

Chantel loved what I was doing, so she decided to ask me to pose alone first. I did serious poses first before I was asked to change into this smiling brightly.

Chantel then asked Noel to join me in the couple photos, catching me off guard entirely. He walked over in his jeans and red, plaid shirt and Converses before wrapping an arm around my shoulders. I gulped as I tried keeping my composure, but I couldn’t and soon found myself laughing.

But even through my laughter which caused Noel to laugh, Chantel coaxing us to laugh and have more fun together.

Eventually, she got shots of Noel picking me up by my waist as well as us being back to back looking at one another, and finally my arms wrapped around his neck while his arms were wrapped around my waist again, but we looked at one another smiling as we got lost in one another’s eyes.

“Great shots, guys! Romeo, Ashley, you’re next!” Chantel said in a satisfied tone.

I walked away, Noel following me as we sat with Zachary and Brittney knowing she and Noel were going to have to take photos together.

When that time came, Zach spoke.

“You like Noel, don’t you?” he asked as though it were obvious.

“I do, but the truth is, I’ve never had a boyfriend before,” I admitted.

“Don’t feel bad. Noel and Brittney were together last season, but they called it off due to their differences. That’s why they’ve tried keeping things civil between one another on set,” he said looking at them.

I watched, too seeing them posing nicely before Chantel asked them to pose as though they hated each other. I saw a hurt expression cover Brittney’s face before she did as she was asked erasing the old one from her face as she replaced it with an angry one.

When they were done, Noel walked over to me as he smiled brightly.

“Hey, you,” he said happily.

“Hi,” I got out before I was pulled away from him by one of the crew members to change into my final outfit.

We were on our final photos this time as a group including Brittney. We did numerous silly and serious poses as well as fun ones before it was time for the interview.

Once we were finished with that, it was time for my first interview. I didn’t have time to change clothes as the interviewer came from J-14 magazine. It was a middle-age man with a camera man whom was a little younger.

An arm wrapped around my shoulders again and I realized it was Noel.

“Don’t think about it, really. Just answer the questions without really answering them,” he suggested.

I looked at him before nodding once. Then, he did something I didn’t expect him to do; he kissed me on the cheek, whispering “Good luck” before I went in.

Posters of the film were on the walls of the room catching me off guard. I sat down, running a hand through my hair as he introduced himself.

“Hi, I’m Mark from J-14 magazine. Just do the basic introduction when the camera starts rolling which is you introducing yourself, your character, and what film you’re doing it for. Got it?” he asked.

I nodded, swallowing just as the camera started rolling, its attention on Mark first as he started.


“How was it?” Noel asked.

I shrugged, not feeling anything but a rush.

“I have another interview with the entire cast and then with you alone so I guess the first one was practice,” I said in a sad tone.

“It’s OK. All first interviews kind of suck,” he said in a comforting tone.



I changed into the clothes my mom left with me after the interviews were over.

“So, you’re going on a date with Noel?” Ashley asked in our changing room we shared with Brittney whom was sitting in a nearby chair staring at her reflection.

“I guess. I mean, I don’t exactly know, you know?” I lied trying to spare Brittney’s feelings.

Suddenly, Brittney spoke.

“Do you like Noel?” she asked.

“I-I have a crush on him, but I barely know him,” I said truthfully.

“I don’t know if you guys should date,” she said blatantly.

“Oh, shut up, Britt. You’re just upset because Noel’s moved on even though you guys broke up last year in like, December,” Ashley said stepping up to Brittney.

Brittney bit the inside of her lip before speaking.

“She’ll see what I’m talking about. We’ll see how long they last,” she said before walking out entirely.

I felt the tears fill my eyes before I ran out entirely, accidentally running into Noel.

“Hey. Is something wrong?” he asked in a concerned tone.

I shook my head, but the tears wouldn’t stop. He wrapped an arm around me before leading me to his car.

“W-what about my interview at 12?” I asked, glimpsing at the watch he wore. It read 11:30.

“We’ll make it in time. Right now, you need to get away,” he said, catching me off guard.

I nodded in agreement and we drove off.
♠ ♠ ♠
Second update in about 5 days. :D

Please don't forget to comment and/or subscribe.