Status: On Hiatus

Before the Fame

Get Well, Sam

-The Same Night-

The following night arrived and I was sicker than I was earlier in the day. My sinuses started acting up and the coughing increased more. I felt like complete and utter crap.

I hadn’t told Joe about anything and since I was on bed-rest from a doctor my mom called up, I was also on hotel arrest. I couldn’t even watch the boys perform which killed me on the inside. I flipped through the channels on my TV in the room I shared with my mom whom was currently out buying more medicine and cough drops.

At first I thought she cared, but the only reason why she was going through the trouble of making sure I’d “make a speedy recovery was so I could sing again at least by tomorrow”. I hadn’t seen the guys since rehearsal, but they did call.

I scratched my head as I took another bite of the chicken noodle soup I’d ordered from room service already working on my second bowl that day. I sniffed as I gulped down some water wishing I could at least apologize to the fans. Eventually, I landed on one of my favorite romance movies; Moulin Rouge. I watched the entirety of the film and was in tears by the end just as a knock sounded at my door.

“Who is it?” I asked, but the person didn’t speak.

Freaked out, I looked around finding my guitar lying around so I picked that up walking cautiously back to the door. I counted to three in my mind before opening the door to reveal the boys. I glared at them as they smiled innocently, but to my surprise, Miley also walked in seeing as she was standing to the side as though she didn’t want to be here.

I smiled a little as I saw Joe and Nick carrying bags while Kevin held one of their acoustics.

S: Why are you here?

J: We’re here to cheer you up, Sammy!

K: We know how much you love performing, so we came to tell you the good news.

S: *raises brow to refrain from using voice further*

N: You’re going to be in the 3D movie with us and Miley.

S: *shakes head*

J: Uh, why aren’t you talking again?

S: *points to throat, moves right hand as though it were a mouth, then takes left and covers right*

K&N: *nods in comprehension*

K: Ah.

J: So, you can’t talk?

S: *nods*

J: That sucks butt!

M: Why don’t you guys do what you came here to do so she can get some rest?

S: *sniffs before staring at Miley in wonder*

K: Miley’s right. Come on, guys.

J&N: *gives Sam “Get Well Soon” gifts they had for her*

S: Thanks.

K: No problem!

K, J,&N: *gathers around Sam’s bed as Sam walks to bed to sit while Miley just stands*

*singing time*

J: Sammy, Sammy, Sammy, get well soon.

N: Cause we know while you’re sick, you feel so blue.

K: So come on hurry and eat that soup

U: Cause we wanna hear you sing that tune so hurry, hurry Sammy and get well soon

S: *claps before laughing* That was great.

N: For a laugh yeah.

K: I told you we should have made every line rhyme! That’s what we get for listening to Joe.

J: Hey, well, at least she laughed!

N: Yeah, she laughed at us, not for us.

K: *shakes head* We’ll see you tomorrow, Sam. Hope you feel better. *hugs before leaving*

J: Yeah, Sammy! Get well soon! *hugs and then leaves*

M: *nods once towards her before leaving*

A sigh escaped me as I was left alone with Nick. I gulped as he sat there taking a breath before he spoke.

“Is there anything you need?” he asked catching me off guard.

I shrugged before speaking.

“I don’t know,” I answered honestly. He nodded in comprehension before he helped me sort through the gifts.

Kevin’s gift was a white teddy bear and a get well soon card attached to it. Joe’s gift was a red teddy bear with a card and mini-Hershey bar inside of it, but Nick’s was the one I liked the most. His gift was a light brown bear that had a small pack of cough drops that the bear held. The card was like the other two except it held a disc that had “get well soon” in large, letters in Nick’s handwriting. I looked at it before staring at Nick.

He shook his head before hugging me longingly before walking out, shutting the door behind him. A sigh escaped me as I turned the TV off and pulled out my laptop from my suitcase. I put the disc in, playing it after the option was given and watched.

It was a video of the concert, but only part of it. The boys were about to get called out by Miley whom went on first instead of me, but the guys were backstage talking to the camera. Joe, as usual, spoke first.

“Hey, Sammy! We’re sorry you’re sick and couldn’t perform tonight,” he began before Kevin took over.

“-But that doesn’t mean you’ll miss the concert,” he said before Nick finished.

“On this disc, we have a surprise for you you’ll see later, but for now enjoy what’s seen, alright?” Nick asked with a small smile.

The boys were called just as he finished. They gave thumbs up before running onto the stage. The boys took their usual places before speaking, Joe speaking first again.

“Hello, Tampa! How are you guys tonight?!” he exclaimed, the crowd responding with loud, positive cheers as Kevin went next.

“As you guys know, Sam’s not going to be performing tonight since she’s sick. It sucks, but let’s give this the best concert in her absence, alright?” he asked getting even louder cheers from the crowd.

Some of their songs played before Just Friends’ music started up and Nick spoke into his mic catching me off guard.

“I want everyone to jump up and sing to this song. Everyone up on your feet and sing your heart out!” he said into his mic as he played the electric guitar I’d gotten him. My mouth dropped open as I stared at it.

There she goes again,
The girl I’m in love with.
It’s cool we’re just friends.
We walk the halls at school,
We know it’s casual.
It’s cool we’re just..,
I don’t wanna lead you on,
But the truth is I’ve grown fond of you


He strummed that guitar as his brothers joined in singing with him occasionally.

Everyone knows it’s meant to be,
Falling in love just you and me
‘Til the end of time,
Til I’m on her mind, it’ll happen.
I’ve been makin’ lots of plans
Like a picket fence and a rose garden
I’ll just keep on dreamin’,
But it’s cool cause we’re just friends.


He stared over at the camera glance every now and then as he sung the second verse.

Small talk on IM,
Just one-word sentences.
It’s cool we’re just friends.
If I had my way,
We’d talk and talk all day
Yeah!


Everyone knows it’s meant to be,
Falling in love,
Just you and me til the end of time,
Til I’m on her mind, it’ll happen.
I’ve been makin’ lots of plans
Like a picket fence and a rose garden,
I’ll just keep on dreaming,
But it’s cool cause we’re just friends.


The music increased in intensity as it ceased in some places.

Thinkin’ about how we’re gonna say our vows,
It’s cool we’re just friends.
When she walks down the aisle,
I’ll see all my friends smile,
Cause now we’re more than friends!


Everyone knows it’s meant to be,
Falling in love,
Just you and me til the end of time,
Til I’m on your mind, it’ll happen! Oh!
We’ve been makin’ lots of plans like a picket fence
And a rose garden,
I’ll just keep on dreamin’,
Just keep on thinkin’ of when we used to be just friends!


Kevin and Joe started singing la-la-la’s while Nick sung over them every now and then, but suddenly he did a flip causing the crowd to go wild.

Oh-yeah!
Oh-whoa!

When we used to be
Just friends
Oh!


The song started coming to an end as Nick sung his final line.

When we used to be just friends!

“Thank you, Tampa!” Joe exclaimed into the mic before they ran off of the stage.

I sighed in contentment as I was about to press the eject button, but the video wasn’t over. It cut to Nick sitting in some room in the arena alone considering only he was in the video. It was clearly after the concert, but he seemed to have done it in secret.

He sighed, running a hand through his curls before speaking.

“Samantha, I’m sorry for being a complete ass towards you over the past couple of weeks. I’ve just had a lot on my mind. About the kiss, I already told you how I felt, but that wasn’t all. The truth is I enjoyed it. I loved it. I,” he began before sighing again.

“I thought about it for a while-a long time, actually. And um, I know this isn’t the right time to tell you about any of this, but to answer your question from the night of your birthday-yes, I do have feelings for you,” he explained. My mouth dropped open again at his words.

“I-I told you it would make things complicated, didn’t I? I know you’re shocked by this, but to be honest, I definitely was certain I had feelings for you back in August. It’s funny since I’m with Miley and I’ve been with her for so long, but-there’s something that you and I share that she and I don’t,” he continued. He gulped, scratching his head before he spoke again.

“Do you know what that is?” he asked sitting in silence for a few moments before walking off-camera coming back with the same guitar Kevin held earlier.

“It’s this,” he said, strumming his guitar before he sung.

Everyone knows it’s meant to be,
Falling in love just you and me
Til the end of time,
Til I’m on your mind, it’ll happen.
I’ve been makin’ lots of plans like a
Picket fence and rose garden,
I’ll just keep on dreaming,
But it’s cool cause we’re just friends


He opened his mouth to speak as his fingers ceased on the guitar, but he stopped suddenly as a knock sounded at the door. He bit his lip staring from the door to the camera and back again before two last words came out of his mouth.

“I’m sorry,” when the camera shut off.
♠ ♠ ♠
No comment.

Please don't forget to comment and subscribe.