Status: On Hiatus

Before the Fame

Date

I sat back stage nodding my head and singing the lyrics to the boy’s songs. They were out on stage doing their set seeing as it was now night time. Nick and I had been hanging around a lot since the talk with my mom earlier and when I explained what happened to him, Nick was even more surprised than I was.

However, even after it all, I came to the realization that Nick and I weren’t official and it sort of bothered me. I mean I knew I had to wait a while since it hadn’t been too long since he and Miley broke up, but I feel like people are starting to realize I have feelings for him.

It was bothersome to be honest. I felt like I was being watched whenever I was even within 20 feet of Nick and his brothers, but right now those thoughts were in the back of my mind especially when Nick reached me with sweat on his brow wearing a black suit with the red dress shirt I told him I’d liked earlier while I was in this.

A towel was handed to him just before he reached me as a smile appeared on his lips once his eyes laid on me.

Soon enough Kevin and Joe joined us, but quickly left after saying their hello’s leaving Nick and me alone. I wrinkled my brows in confusion as an even brighter smile appeared on his lips before he spoke.

“So, I was thinking that maybe you’d like to go out on a date with me tonight after the concert?” he asked with a hint of anxiety in his tone.

“T-tonight? Oh, um-,” I got out before he cut across me.

“It’s too soon, isn’t it? I’m sorry. What was I thinking? Tonight is too last minute anyways. I shouldn’t have-,” he rambled, but I cut across him as well.

“No, no, no! It’s fine!” I said with a laugh.

“So, is that a yes?” he asked his attention back on me and the anxiety wiped from him.

“Yes,” I answered with a smile just as big as Nick’s was.

He hugged me with a slight squeeze to it before adding one last thing.

“OK, I’ll pick you up at 10 then?” he asked. I nodded in response feeling giddy on the inside as I tried to remain calm on the outside.

He turned from me and rejoined up with his brothers as I stood there, the situation sinking in. Nick just asked me out on a date! A small squeal escaped me as I straightened my composure just as I was called out to do my set. I hoped this would be a night to remember.



Great anxiety filled me as I (with the help of Joe) picked out this fixing my hair just straight with a fluffy look to it thanks to Danielle.

I had no idea what to expect considering this was Nick. I fiddled with my fingers (nervous habit) before Joe slapped my hands down.

“Stop that!” he hissed as he helped putting my necklace on.

“Sorry. I’m just so nervous. I mean, it is Nick after all,” I replied with a hint of anxiety to me.

“That’s the thing. Don’t be nervous. Nick isn’t going to go all out. This is you guys’ first date. Just relax and have fun,” he said as though it were obvious.

I closed my eyes taking a deep breath when there was a sudden knock at my hotel room door causing me to jump slightly.

Joe failed to suppress a laugh as I took one last look in the mirror as he practically dragged me to the door hiding behind it himself.

I took another breath before opening it revealing Nick in similar attire earlier, but more relaxed wearing jeans instead of dress pants, but stuck with his Converses.

A small smile covered both of our lips before he spoke, pulling a hand from behind his back as he handed me a small rose. I melted instantly feeling the blush come to my lips.

“Thank you,” I said in a shy tone taking it before taking his outstretched arm that awaited me after I quickly shut the door behind me.

We walked to the elevator in silence, but it said so much and soon enough Nick spoke.

“I knew Joe had to be with you,” he confessed. An embarrassed laugh escaped me as I shook my head.

“Yeah. Sorry about that,” I replied. A quick silence enveloped us before he spoke again.

“You look beautiful,” he said in a serious tone, but had a smirk on his lips.

“Thanks. You look great, too,” I replied as my blush came back again.

The elevator came to a stop on the first floor and we exited once the doors opened. We walked to the car garage instead of the front lobby doors and met a smiling Kevin.

“Hey, Kevin,” I said with a slight happiness in my tone.

“Hey, Sam. You look great,” he complimented causing me to reply with a “thanks”.

Nick (being a gentleman) opened my door for me and closed it after I got in before getting in himself.

We chatted here and there, Nick wrapping his arm around my shoulders, rubbing random shapes and patterns into my arm and I waited patiently hoping his touch wouldn’t send goose bumps on my skin.

Finally we reached an expensive restaurant in which I couldn’t pronounce the name of and walked to the table where we were led to by the bookkeeper whom handed us menus and walked away after telling us he’d send a waiter back shortly.

We smiled at one another before speaking again.

“And Joe said you wouldn’t go all out,” I teased causing Nick to scratch the back of his neck nervously.

“Really? Well, it is our first date and this isn’t really going all out,” he replied in a shy tone.

A small smile appeared on my lips as a polite chuckle escaped me. Not going all out? Yeah right.

“Oh, it’s not?” I asked in a teasing tone causing Nick to laugh again.

He laced his hands with mine as he sat across from me drawing random patterns in them as he stared into my eyes. I stared back almost forgetting where we were when the waiter returned to take the order of our drinks causing us to pull apart.

I ordered punch while Nick ordered diet coke and as the waiter walked away, we resumed our previous position realizing how shy we were about the situation.

After about an hour later and some small talk here and there, Nick took me to a park that had a beautiful fountain. We sat on a bench that was in front of it and cuddled in the peaceful silence of the park.

There were no people there, just us-well, besides Kevin in the car waiting for us.

It was then Nick decided to speak once more about the night.

“Thanks for deciding to go out to dinner with me,” he said in a shy tone.

“Thank you for deciding to ask me,” I replied with a chuckle.

His right hand brushed my arm again causing goose bumps to form. Realizing it, he sat up, took off his jacket and wrapped it around me. He smelled nice in whatever cologne he was wearing. I closed my eyes as we relaxed once more feeling him lightly kiss my hair.

“I never thought you’d say yes after everything that’s happened,” he said suddenly causing my eyes to shoot open.

“Why not?” I asked taken aback.

“Well, after Miley and everything-I just didn’t think you’d actually want to give me a chance,” he admitted.

“Of course I was hesitant in the past because you guys were together, but now you aren’t and-well, you actually like me so I guess that’s what influenced my decision a little bit, you know?” I rambled.

He nodded his head causing his curls to move slightly just as a breeze blew. But suddenly without warning, our phones went off at the same time. I don’t know who called Nick, but I answered my phone seeing as it was my mom.

“Hello?” I asked preparing for the worst.

“Samantha, get home! It’s almost 1 in the morning and you’d be breaching the agreement to the contract about your curfew!” she exclaimed.

“OK. I’m sorry,” I answered surprised by the fact that time had passed by so quickly.

She hung up quickly afterward causing me to sigh.

“OK, thanks, Kevin,” Nick said hanging up his phone after I did.

“Gotta head back?” I asked in a knowing tone.

“Yeah,” he answered as he stood, holding a hand out which I gladly accepted.

He laced fingers with me, my right hand in his left as we walked back to the car. Kevin drove us back safely and we climbed out, but not before we thanked him (me doing so numerous times) and headed back up to our hotel rooms. I made it to my room realizing how late it was, but we made it just in time before it hit 1 quite literally a few seconds before then.

Nick walked into my room after me and we just sat on my bed, me kicking off my heels as Nick kicked off his Converses and socks while I gently placed his suit jacket into a nearby chair with Nick plugging his phone into one of my spare chargers I had laying on a table. I plugged my phone into my usual charger and we just sat and watched TV.

After about 5 minutes, our bodies somehow met the other and we hesitantly cuddled next to one another, my body feeling relaxed and comfortable in Nick’s arms to the point in which I felt my eyelids grow heavy. It didn’t take long for them to actually close, but his voice jerked me awake for a few seconds.

“Sam?” Nick asked in a heavy, sleepy tone.

I felt my eyes grow heavier, but I fought the urge to pass out next to him as I wanted desperately to hear what he wanted to say or ask.

“Mmm-hmm?” I asked in the same tone.

“Did you have a good time?” he asked causing me to chuckle somewhat even though it was short-lived.

“Of course. I was with you which made it all the better,” I answered looking up at him.

“I never got a chance to kiss you, though,” he replied sleepily causing me to chuckle again.

“It won’t hurt not to kiss me for one night,” I retorted, snuggling up more to him.

“I know, but-,” I heard before I fell into a deep slumber.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow! It's been forever since I last updated. :(

Sorry, guys. I've been busy with school and stuff so yeah. :( I just finished typing this today which is why the chapter is lengthy.

Anyways, please don't forget to comment, recommend, and subscribe.