Status: On Hiatus

Before the Fame

Reality Check

I awoke the next morning hearing a pounding at my door.

“SAMANTHA, IF YOU DON’T GET OUT OF THAT ROOM, SO HELP ME-,” my mom exclaimed from the other side.

I sat up abruptly seeing Nick do the same.

“What do we do?” I asked.

“Just get up, I guess,” Nick answered.

Biting my lip, I did so before walking to my hotel room door and opened it.

“Am I late for something?” I asked before a magazine got shoved in my face.

It read in huge, yellow letters,

“NICK JONAS ON THE MARKET! WILL THAT LEAD HIM TO SAMANTHA PARKER? See page 35 for details.”

A gasp escaped me as I grabbed the magazine flipping to the page indicated on the cover as an article about Nick, lengthy in detail covered almost an entire two pages.

Barely a month since the last televised performance before the boy band, the Jonas Brothers performed alongside Miley Cyrus also known as Hannah Montana which took place in Times Square in New York City, the couple of Nick Jonas and Miley looked happy just days previously.

According to sources recently, however, it was revealed just yesterday afternoon during the sound check of the Jonas Brothers and tour mate, Samantha Parker, Nick said he was no longer off the market.

In order to confirm the said statement, a source close to Cyrus told us the following,

“It’s been really hard on Miley that they broke up, but she’s taken it pretty well. It’s surprising the fact they broke up didn’t get out sooner, but no one expected Nick to just tell everyone when the tour isn’t even over yet.”

There you have it, folks. Just months after said “friend” of the Jonas trio gets on tour, she ruins the relationship between Nick and Miley and to make matters worse, Nick doesn’t seem to really care about it.

But the close source had more to say on the matter,

"I honestly never thought things would end like that. The endless nights Miley would cry herself to sleep whenever she [and] Nick would argue because of Sam’s presence causing time between them to decrease more and more. I tried not to tell Miley that things were falling apart, but she seemed to know that without anyone saying anything."

The Niley fans around the world will cry their hearts out, but according to a fan of Miley’s, there’s still some hope.

Miley gave her heart to Nick and it’s really pathetic for him to just announce to the world with her only feet away, but Sam was right there, too. It just didn’t seem right. Maybe it’s a publicity stunt. Who knows? This could all be a joke.

Other fans didn’t feel the same way, however,

All I have to say really about the breakup is that it happened for a reason regardless what any of us think. Only Nick and Miley really know what happened. They’re very good musicians and if this is real, then things will blow over. As for whose side I’m taking. Neutral all the way.

There haven’t been any confirmations from any party about the matter, but a leaked video of the sound check has been released on YouTube.


“Damn it,” I mumbled before tossing the magazine to Nick whom caught it easily reading the article as well.

My mom sighed before speaking.

“There will be a conference at 12 sharp. Be ready to tell the reporters that you two are not dating,” she said before turning on her heel and exited the room, slamming my door shut behind her.

I ran a hand through my hair as thoughts began racing through my mind. When my eyes glanced up at Nick and just as he finished the article, his eyes shifted side to side as though he were thinking as well.

“It was fun while it lasted, I guess,” I said with a fake chuckle.

“We never even got started officially. I-I didn’t want things to be like this, but I guess they have to be,” he said tossing the magazine to a nearby couch.

I walked to my suitcase and grabbed an outfit before I walked towards the bathroom. I was stopped, however when Nick swiftly came behind me and turned me to face him, but not in a firm way.

“Sam, I don’t want us to end what we started,” he said in a serious tone.

“But the media-,” I began, but he cut across me.

“I know the media can be a problem, but as long as we’re careful, we can wait take our time getting to know each other better and possibly taking that next step once everything dies down,” he explained.

“Is everyone else going to know, though-those closest to us I mean?” I asked thinking out loud.

“Of course they will. Even your mom,” Nick answered easily.

I thought everything over before I hugged him instinctively. Surprised, he hugged me back as well.

“You’re brilliant, you know that?” I asked softly.

“Not really. I just care about us is all,” he replied in the same tone causing me to blush.

We pulled away before he spoke again.

“I’ll get ready for this conference while you do the same. We’ll meet back up in the lobby in about an hour, OK?” he asked.

I nodded my head in comprehension before freshening up and changing into this.

When I finished and opened the door, I saw Miley in an outfit similar to mine. I’d almost forgotten I was sharing the room with her. We stared at one another before I tore my eyes away from her burning ones. I grabbed a purse of mine as well as my phone and some accessories from the previous one I used the night before was when she spoke.

“I don’t know what to even say to you, Sam,” she said harshly.

I scoffed before facing her.

“What are you talking about?” I asked folding my arms across my chest.

“I’m talking about you and Nick being together,” she answered angrily.

“Whether I’m with Nick or not, you need to mind your own business,” I retorted.

“Nick is my business. Why couldn’t you just stay away from him? I’m going through a rough time right now!” she said in an almost scolding tone.

“Who are you to tell me what to do? And as a correction, Nick was your business until you guys broke up. Stop obsessing over him and just move on,” I said harshly.

She stared at me wide-eyed before her eyes watered and she stormed into the bathroom slamming the door behind her. I instantly felt bad as I realized how she felt. When Noel and I broke up, I felt entirely stupid for liking him in the first place. Sighing deeply, I uncontrollably walked to the bathroom door and knocked.

“Go away!” Miley’s voice said through the door.

“Look, I’m sorry for being harsh. I shouldn’t have been. I know what you’re going through right now,” I admitted.

“No, you don’t! You’ve never been love before and you’ve never given someone everything you had only to be slapped back in the face! You don’t understand anything!” she retorted, but I could tell she was crying.

I licked my lips as my phone vibrated, but I didn’t check it.

“No, I wasn’t in love, but I was dumped for another girl and the guy I was dating cheated on me with his ex whom I’d worked with before so I do know the pain you’re going through. Regardless of the reason as to why Nick broke up with you doesn’t mean that things won’t get better. I know I’m the last person who should be talking about things getting better considering the situation, but I know they will,” I explained feeling like I was rambling moreso than anything else.

Suddenly, I heard the door unlock and the door opened slowly as Miley stood there with her hands wiping her tears away as more threatened to form. She stared at me for almost a whole minute before speaking.

“Nick’s moving on with you, isn’t he?” she asked in a serious tone.

I swallowed, but not nervously.

“Honestly, I don’t know. We don’t have a title,” I admitted.

“I just have one thing to say to you, Samantha,” she began staring at me coldly.

I blinked once preparing myself for what she had to say.

“Nick took everything including my virginity from me. I already dislike you for being the true reason as to why he and I broke up, but if I find out that you two are dating, I will make your life a living hell. I vow that,” she concluded before walking past me as she went through her suitcase for clothes.

My mind felt like it collapsed; not because of the threat, but because of one fact that Nick had yet to tell me. He and Miley had sex and they still ended up breaking up. Those facts alone shattered what I was thinking about Nick and I earlier in the day. I was still a virgin and although I wasn’t sure if Nick and I would ever get that far, I was definitely shocked that he wasn’t one anymore.

My body decided to talk for me to disrupt the silence that reigned since Miley spoke previously.

“There’s nothing you can do that will break me, Miley,” came from my lips, but even I questioned the words that came out.

I stuffed my keycard into my purse before walking out of the door and shut it behind me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Been FAR too long since the last update.

Please don't forget to comment, recommend, and subscribe.