Status: On Hiatus

Before the Fame

The Big Question

-January 31, 2008-

Another two weeks later arrived and Nick and I were inseparable. At the time, it wasn’t strange at how soon Nick and I grew comfortable around each other. It wasn’t bad like we were attached to the hip; we just knew each other extremely well.

As for the physical stuff, there was much kissing involved since the previous time, but no hickeys especially since it took a few days for the previous one to disappear and since I was going to open for the guys’ tour we agreed no more hickeys until we had a lengthy break with one another.

Currently however, we were all in Arizona doing a sound check for the night’s performance and like usual, it was empty seeing as it was the first day of tour.

Nick had been teasing me during On the Line as well as Just Friends which I played guitar during the song. When the guys were going over Burnin’ Up, he kept twirling me at some occasions and singing to me when Joe had a sudden idea.

“Wait, wait!” he said suddenly just as Big Rob’s part came up and the music slowed to a stop just as I was laughing at Nick’s silliness.

“What is it, Joe?” Kevin asked in confusion speaking through his mic.

“I have a GREAT idea!” Joe answered excitedly, his eyes lighting up.

“What?” I asked not speaking into a mic, Nick also staring at his brother.

“Dad?” Joe called not into the mic.

Mr. Jonas came from back stage and walked up to us and we all stood closer to one another away from the mic just as he spoke.

“What was so important enough for the sound check to get interrupted?” Mr. Jonas asked in a slightly tired and annoyed tone, but it was still firm.

Kevin, Nick, and I’s eyes landed on Joe waiting for him to speak.

“I came up with this awesome idea! Sam can be the girl in the red dress while we perform the song!” Joe blurted excitedly causing my jaw to drop.

The other four stared at me now as shock filled me from Joe’s idea.

“That’s not a bad idea,” Kevin agreed.

“It’s just for fun, right?” Nick asked slightly nervous.

I looked down at my feet for a few seconds as I thought about the situation.

“I’d have to ask my mom and Jeff,” I said in the same tone Nick asked his question.

“Well, why don’t I talk to your mom about it and you guys finish the song?” Mr. Jonas asked his eyes staring at each of us, them landing on me last.

We nodded in agreement before he walked away as Joe and the others started from where they left off at and I smiled, but felt a little nervous about Joe’s idea still.

Nick goofed with me a little bit as the song came to an end. I did my set excluding the new song I’d written and instead was going to play it for the night’s performance.

For the time being, the brothers and I headed to the hotel, Nick and I heading to my room while his brothers went to they and Nick’s room.

As soon as we got into the room, I was glad room service brought me some lunch including a tray of fruit, but Nick had other plans. Once my eyes landed on the food and he shut the door behind us, he kissed me passionately on the lips seeing as we hadn’t kissed at all during the sound check.

My arms wrapped around his neck as I kissed him back just as much and his arms wrapped around the lower back of my small frame. Inhaling deeply, he spoke.

“Sorry, but it seems like it’s been forever since we kissed,” he said in a low tone biting his lip afterwards.

“I know. I don’t see what’s so great about kissing me though,” I said wrinkling my brows as I frowned while Nick gave me an incredulous look.

“Are you kissing me? Your lips are so irresistible and soft and kissable,” he said with a slight chuckle at the end.

“Yeah, yeah. Let’s just eat, OK?” I asking playfully, leading him by the hand to the food as I waited for Nick to check his blood sugar before we started eating.

It was slightly low and we carefully chose what Nick ate and didn’t eat, but the fruit was one of the best things for him. Full of strawberries, grapes, pineapple, and peaches, we ate the food and began chatting about the day and the night’s performance. Once I told Nick I was nervous, him agreeing in turn, he spoke again.

“There’s something I want to ask you if it’s alright with you,” he began in a serious tone catching me off guard entirely.

“What is it?” I asked getting slightly worked up and Nick noticed.

He calmed me down with a kiss on the forehead (it sending tingles through me) and I silenced as he spoke again.

“Calm down, Sam Anne. It’s nothing bad,” he said with a smile as he rubbed my hands in his. He really caught my attention calling me Sam Anne.

“I just wanted to ask you something important and you have to answer this honestly,” he said staring intensely at me.

I nodded in comprehension before he spoke again.

“I really, really like you and we’ve been seeing each other for two weeks now and although it’s been a long journey of sorts getting to where we are now I just wanted to ask if you want to be my girlfriend,” he said with a hint of nervousness in his voice.

My mouth dropped open and I was speechless. I didn’t expect him to ask me that.

“It’s OK if you don’t want to. You know, forget I asked-,” he began turning his face away from me, but I wasn’t in shock anymore.

I placed my hands on his face as a laugh escaped me.

“It’s not that I don’t want to. In fact, I have a question,” I began getting Nick’s full attention.

“Why?” I asked simply.

“Why do I want you to be my girlfriend?” he asked and I nodded in agreement.

“I see it this way; I’ve liked you since the first day I met you and being apart from you made me want to be around you, but we couldn’t and it sucked a lot. When we reunited for the TCA’s, I didn’t even expect to see you, but when I did, I panicked! I forced myself to play it cool, but even my brothers knew I wanted to at least hug you or even catch up on old times and we couldn’t even do that. I have a confession actually,” he rambled.

I remained silent staring at him as I practically held my breath waiting for him to speak again.

“When I made that video when you were sick, the reason why I sung Just Friends at the end was because I wrote that song for you,” he confessed as he wore an expression as though he were bracing himself for me to act out or something.

“Wow, really?!” I asked excitedly as a blush filled my cheeks as well as a big smile.

A laugh escaped him as he scratched the back of his neck with his left hand.

“Yeah. Kevin and Joe couldn’t believe it, but they knew from the moment roses were mentioned,” he said and my mind clicked.

I remembered doing a few months after I left the Jonas’ back in ’05 and I’d told the reporter my favorite flower as well as my date with Noel. My mouth dropped open again before I quickly regained my composure and laughed and felt my head drop.

“I wondered why that part was in the song, but I never would have guessed you were talking about me!” I admitted still wearing my smile.

“Well, it surely wasn’t about Miley; roses aren’t her favorite flower,” he agreed.

“Wow, so, Mr. Jonas had a crush on me even back then. Any other reason why you asked me to be your girlfriend?” I asked in a slightly teasing tone.

“You’re a beautiful, gorgeous, talented, and intelligent girl and we connect on an entirely different level that seems to transcend everything. I-I don’t know-you’d make me very, very happy and proud for me to call you my girlfriend,” he answered in a tone that I couldn’t quite describe.

He was happy, but he was nervous at the same time; there was another tone that I couldn’t quite put my finger on as he stared at me with those eyes that had that hint of something I couldn’t figure out just like before.

I thought about it for what seemed like hours before I gave him an answer.

“I feel the same way about you. Ever since we reunited, I tried not feeling the way I did especially since you were with Miley, but I don’t know-it seemed as though I couldn’t stop. When we kissed for the first time, I felt a spark of sorts; it was stronger than the one I had when I kissed Noel and that’s saying something. I knew then that I wanted to kiss you again, but I knew we shouldn’t. But I guess fate had other plans, right?” I asked with a laugh earning one from him as well before I finished.

“But if I had to answer this very second, I’d have to say yes, I’d love to be your girlfriend,” I answered honestly as my heart raced.

Suddenly, as soon as I gave my answer, Nick pulled me closed and hugged me much like he did the night of my first concert with them.

“Thank you,” he said in a low, breathless tone.

My face had shock clearly over it, but Nick didn’t see it since he was hugging me. I hugged him back so I pulled away once I recomposed myself.

“You thought I was going to say no?” I asked tilting my head a little.

“I hoped with everything in me that you’d say yes. You’ve no idea how happy I am right now,” he concluded before his lips landed on my own.

My eyes fluttered closed as that tingling filled me again. It didn’t take long for our tongues to get involved before his hands remained on my lower back again when the feeling surged stronger through me than any other time. I began kissing him feverishly causing Nick to kiss me back just as much, but I pulled away somehow finding control through it all but Nick must have gotten the same thing I did.

He pulled away and went straight for my sweet spot as his hands went to the back of my neck and mid-back.

A loud moan escaped me causing Nick only to pull me close to the point in which even if I wanted to pull away, I couldn’t; but I was enjoying this. There was another side of us being unlocked and it felt GREAT!

My hands roamed to his hair and I pushed the tray some distance away from us and I lay on my back while Nick hovered over me, his hands now on my cheeks again, but I wanted more.

My hands roamed from his hair to his neck and chest and I saw his eyes roll back as a quiet moan escaped him causing me to get more curious. My hands then went up to his shoulder blades and I just let my fingers glide across them.

“Sorry,” I got out and Nick’s eyes met my own.

“What was that?” he asked catching me off guard.

“I don’t know, really. I just felt a new emotion sort of take over,” I admitted.

“Me, too, but it wasn’t really new,” Nick replied.

“What do you mean?” I asked slightly confused.

“I think that was you getting horny,” he answered blatantly.

“Horny?” I asked in confusion.

“Yeah, like sexually stimulated or getting turned on,” he answered biting his lip afterwards.

I scrambled away from him as I began freaking out.

“I didn’t mean to start anything. I just couldn’t control myself,” I said honestly.

“I know. It’s been hard for me, too. For some reason with you, I feel like I can control myself, but when you do things like that, it drives me crazy. I want more, but we end up stopping-with good reason,” he added quickly.

I nodded slowly as my eyes avoided Nick’s just as his phone rung. The conversation was short and ended with ‘bro’ at the end. Once hanging up, he spoke.

“Sorry, babe. I’m getting called back,” he said without hesitation to me.

Shocked at his nickname for me, I merely answered him.

“It’s OK. Get going,” I said in a teasing manner.

He crawled over to me and kissed me briefly before holding out a hand as I took it. We got off of my bed and walked to the door, every other step a kiss shared between us.

It was bad to the point that by the time Nick reached the door, we shared several more kisses until I pulled away after a minute.

“Nick-,” I got out with a slight laugh as Nick cut across me with another kiss.

I pulled away as smile covered both of our lips before he spoke.

“I know, I know,” he said in a knowing tone before scratching the back of his neck nervously.

I rolled my eyes and opened the door before he gave me one, quick peck on the lips and I watched him go back to his room as he pulled out his cell phone and went inside. I closed my door behind me as I placed a hand to my rapidly beating heart before a squeal escaped me, but my attention was on my phone as my text notification went off. It was from Nick, of course.

Sorry I had to go. : ( I wanted to spend more time with you.

My fingers quickly answered him.

It’s OK. I understand why you had to go. Don’t worry. :D Besides, we have the whole tour to hang out.

I walked to the tray, pulling it to the bed as I picked up a peach and began eating it before I flipped the TV on. Shortly after that, I got another text from Nick.

True. I miss you already, Sam.

A blush crept to my lips as I smiled replying back to my boyfriend’s text.

I miss you, too. What are you doing?

It wasn’t long before my phone rung, Nick’s name flashing on the screen before I answered.

“Hey, Nick!” I said happily.

“Hey, beautiful,” he began causing my heart to flutter, “I’m bored doing nothing really. What about you?”

“I’m bored, too. Nothing to do either,” I answered with a smile.

“What’s your favorite fruit?” he asked suddenly causing me to laugh.

“I have three favorites; strawberries, peaches, and bananas,” I answered scratching my head a little.

We continued to talk until it was about an hour before the show. I got dressed in this (minus the necklace) and headed to their dressing room to hang out with the guys.
♠ ♠ ♠
Feels like it's been forever since the previous update.

As always, please don't forget to recommend, comment, and subscribe.