Status: On Hiatus

Before the Fame

Old Friend

-One week later

A week had passed and we successfully completed the film. I was sad to say the least. Noel and I didn’t have much time to spend together seeing as my mom was constantly taking me out shopping as soon as I was finished filming even if it was to get a pair of undergarments.

Needless to say, I was tired of it. Currently, however, I was on my way to the airport.

Noel had acted odd all day and I knew why. The girl he liked was leaving and couldn’t even spend Christmas with him. I felt like a total jerk even though it wasn’t my fault.

A sigh escaped my lips as I grabbed my two suitcases filled with some necessities while the rest was junk my mom had packed. I brought it anyway to avoid getting scolded.

I walked inside of the airport, showing my ID and passport to the attendant before I walked to the line that leads to the plane. Just as I reached the plane, I heard someone calling my name.

Turning, I saw Noel running towards me with a flower.

“W-what are you doing here, Noel?” I asked in shock.

“I came here to see you off and to ask you if you’ll go out on a date with me when you get back,” he said with a small smile.

A worried sigh escaped me.

“I-I don’t know if I’ll be able to. If you can come to L.A., yes, but my mom-,” I began, but he cut across me.

“I’ll do it. I think I owe you a date considering everything that’s happened,” he said and I understood what he meant.

I nodded feverishly. He took a step closer to me before cupping my cheeks as he placed a soft kiss to my lips.

“Don’t forget me while you’re in New Jersey,” he said teasingly.

A light laugh escaped me before I spoke again slightly dazed.

“I won’t. I promise,” I said in a certain tone.

“See you, Sam,” he said, removing his hands from my face as he took a few steps back, allowing me to board the plane.

I wasn’t sure how many people were staring at me now, but by this time, I didn’t care at all. A small squeal escaped me as I walked to the plane with a bright smile on my lips.

I received stares from the other passengers as I walked to my seat, but I blanked them out as I thought of Noel’s kiss. My first kiss. It was…nice.

I sat back, buckling my seat as the passenger began speaking, but I drowned him out, my mind optimistic about what was to come.



Thank you for boarding Canada Airlines. You have arrived to Wyckoff, New Jersey. We hope you enjoyed your flight.

I walked to the inside of the airport in Wyckoff. It was snowing outside, making me think of Canada where Noel was. A sad expression covered my face until I looked up, pulling my luggage with me as I approached the lobby seeing a boy with brown, curly hair and hazel eyes holding a sign that read SAMANTHA PARKER.

I squinted walking closer to the boy realizing it was-

“Kevin?!” I asked in disbelief.

He looked at me doing a double-take at my appearance.

“Sam? W-y-you’re the one that’s staying with us?” he asked in shock.

“Us? Y-you mean you’re Mr. Jonas’ son?” I asked in shock.

“Yeah. Me, Joe, and Nick are. Joe is in the car waiting on us. W-wow. I can’t believe this,” he said excitedly.

“You’re happy about this?” I asked still stunned.

“Well, yeah! You’re obviously a celebrity or someone important in order for us to see you on tour with us,” he said rambling slightly.

“Yeah, but-wait. I’m going on tour with you guys?” I asked incredulously.

“Just for one day. It’ll be fun. I promise,” he promised.

A small smile covered my lips as Kevin took my luggage. I began to protest, but he interrupted me.

“No. It’s called being a gentleman,” he said with a smile and laugh.

“This isn’t funny, Kevin!” I said pouting a little as we walked outside in the cold.

This only caused him to laugh even more.

“I-I’m sorry, Sam, but you look so cute like that,” he said laughing even harder as he led me to their car. It was a white van, catching me off guard.

I saw a boy a couple of years younger than Kevin in the car, my memory leading me to remember it to be Joe. He had a Mohawk thing going on, but none of his hair was shaved on either side. His brown eyes flickered to us instantly, also catching me off guard.

“Well, hello there,” he said in a flirtatious tone, exiting the van in the front driver’s seat.

“Joe, get out of the driver’s seat,” Kevin said in a stern tone.

“Why? I’m drivin’ on the way back, anyway,” Joe replied as he walked closer to me.

The wind blew causing my teeth to chatter a little.

“Joe, if you’re not going to help, then at least take Sam inside of the van,” Kevin said in annoyed tone.

“Oh, I will, brother,” Joe said winking at me.

I raised a brow at him, Joe taking my hand (which was surprisingly warm) to the van, opening the front passenger seat door, holding an arm up as though he led me to a carriage. A light laugh escaped me as I sat down. Joe shut the door behind me before running to the trunk of the van to help Kevin.

Unfortunately for him, it was open meaning I could hear everything that was said.

K: Really, Joe? Was that necessary? She’s a friend and client!
J: I didn’t know! I thought she was a girl you met or something.
K: Why the hell would I bring her to our van, then, Joe?
J: I don’t know. You do strange things sometimes.
K: Oh, you’re one to talk!

The trunk closed before Kevin climbed into the driver’s seat while Joe sat in the back passenger seat behind me. He handed Kevin the keys and began talking as soon as we pulled off.

“So, Samantha, have you ever been to New Jersey?” he asked just as I was enjoying the scenery of the parking lot.

“No. I’ve only been to Los Angeles, Canada, and Florida,” I answered sweetly.

Kevin rolled his eyes as he looked back at Joe in the rear-view mirror. A smile appeared on Joe’s lips as he asked another question.

“Really? We’ve been to quite a few states, but not many, you know? Our younger brother, Nick had an album released before we had one as a group. Have you heard of it?” he asked, his eyes practically radiating with excitement.

A polite laugh escaped me before I answered.

“Unfortunately, no. I did hear some songs you guys wrote. I love 6 Minutes,” I answered looking back at him.

“I helped writing that song,” Joe said proudly.

Kevin snickered, catching Joe’s attention.

“What? Something funny, Kev-o?” he asked.

“Nope,” Kevin lied, but he smiled all the while.

Joe glared at him before returning his attention back on me. From that point on, Joe asked question after question until finally we arrived at their home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Happy Thanksgiving/Turkey Day, everyone!

I hope you're enjoying your holiday just as much as I am. I decided to add a little happiness by updating!

Please don't be a silent reader.

I don't know when the next update will be, but hopefully after I get some comments, I'll update again.

Please don't forget to comment and subscribe.