Status: On Hiatus

Before the Fame

Leaving the Jonas'

A couple of days passed and even though Miley left the same night she threatened me, I still felt uneasy. To avoid any drama, I did as she told me to and avoided Nick as much as possible.

Eventually, Nick began to notice what I was doing, but didn’t say anything. Soon enough, he began doing the same as I and by the time my stay was over, we hadn’t spoken to one another again.

The morning I had to leave arrived and I was packed, ready to go. It’s not that I didn’t want to be around the Jonas’, I just didn’t want Miley coming back to do anything to make me look bad to them.

We had finished breakfast, but the boys and I were outside. I pulled out my phone typing in lyrics to a song that came to me and soon began humming the lyrics.

Unexpectedly, I got scared by Nick whom came up behind me saying, “Boo!” causing me to jump up and squeal. Laughter escaped him as he ruffled my hair with his glove-covered hands. He was bundled up now, but that didn’t stop me from hitting him in the shoulder.

“Ow! What was that for?” he asked as though he didn’t expect it.

“That’s for scaring me! I was working on my first song, you know?” I asked angrily.

“Jeez! What did I do to you besides that?” he asked just as angry.

“What are you talking about?” I asked with an attitude.

“You’ve been ignoring ever since Miley was here a few days ago. What’s your deal?” he asked, catching me off guard.

“I have not,” I lied.

“Yes, you have. You’re a horrible liar, by the way,” he said.

I rolled my eyes before I began to walk away, but he followed me and was in front of me in seconds.

“See?! This is what I was talking about. We can’t even converse together without you walking away or giving up on the conversation. What did I do to you to make you act this way?” he asked.

A deep sigh escaped me before I spoke.

“Nick, it’s not you at all. I promise,” I said honestly, confusing him even further.

“Wait, what?” he asked tilting his head a little as his brows furrowed in concentration.

“Nothing, don’t worry about it, alright? Just don’t worry about me, OK?” I asked just as everyone except Denise and Frankie filed out of the house, Joe and Kevin with my things. I rushed to their side seeing them dressed in black t-shirts and jeans with coats and sneakers on.

“Is everything alright?” Joe asked in a whisper surprisingly to me, then Nick whom showed up a minute later.

I didn’t answer him and neither did Nick-or at least not at first.

“Everything’s alright,” Nick lied and Joe could tell, but didn’t push the subject any further.



The boys performed a few songs called Mandy, Don’t Tell Anyone, and You Just Don’t Know It. They were on their last two songs for the morning before I had to leave. I was in the crowd with the group of girls that came whom were screaming their heads off.

I’d be lying if I said I didn’t think they were great, too, but right now I wasn’t focused on that. I had just finished the lyrics to my first song, my anger and sadness coming out together as one for the first time. Joe’s voice went through the building gaining my attention.

“We’d like to dedicate this song to a very special friend who is with us tonight,” Joe began, Kevin taking over next.

“We just met her a few days ago, but she’s grown on us,” he said with a smile.

“We’ll never forget you, friend. I guess our message from this song is we’ll miss you,” Nick said, his eyes landing on me as he spoke.

The crowd squealed at their words as the song began.

She's the kind of girl that you see in the movies
Seen her in my dreams
And now she's standing next to me
Down by the shore,
First weekend of the Summer
Gotta take a chance and just ask for her number
I wish I had a song on MTV
'Cause in a crowded room
I'd be the only one she sees
She's looking bored and now I'm running out of time
I've only got six minutes if I'm gonna make her mine


My mouth dropped open as I began laughing and blushing at the same time. They were actually playing my favorite song.

One minute and the Earth begins to shake
Two minutes and my heart begins to break
Another minute and she makes me feel brand new
That's just three minutes with you
Four minutes and she's everything I see
Five minutes and she's where I wanna be
Another minute everything just feels so new
I need six minutes with you
Six minutes


I began singing the song with them as a huge smile covered my lips.

She's lookin' at her watch while the DJ is spinnin'
This could be the end
Or it's just the beginnin'
She's the kind of girl that I wanna know better
She's reachin' for her keys
So I guess it's now or never
I wish that I was on the radio
I'd sing her favorite song,
She's be front row at every show
This party's lame
And now I'm runnin' out of time
I've only got six minutes if I'm gonna make her mine


The girls started going crazy squealing, screaming, and singing along with them.

One minute and the Earth begins to shake
Two minutes and my heart begins to break
Another minute and she makes me feel brand new
That's just three minutes with you
Four minutes and she's everything I see
Five minutes and she's where I wanna be
Another minute everything just feels so new
I need six minutes with you
Six minutes


The song began decreasing in intensity as Joe sung alone at first.

Sometimes I feel just like the catcher in the Rye
Sometimes I wish that I could catch her eye
Sometimes I wish that I could be that guy
Yeah!
(Kevin and Nick joined in)Time is passin' by
I'm losin' my mind
I need 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 minutes with you


One minute and the Earth begins to shake
Two minutes and my heart begins to break
Another minute and she makes me feel brand new
That's just three minutes with you
Four minutes and she's everything I see
Five minutes and she's where I wanna be
Another minute everything just feels so new
I need six minutes with you
Six minutes


I clapped and cheered along with the crowd, a few tears filling my eyes.

“You guys liked that?” Joe asked.

The crowd and I responded with loud cheers.

“Alright. Lastly for tonight, we have a special performance with our close friend whom is with us tonight,” Joe said.

Oh. No.

“Come on up here, Sam,” Kevin coaxed.

Nick searched quickly and found me, grabbing my hand as he pulled me on stage, handing me a guitar. He didn’t have a mic, but was setting one up for me so I could perform.

What are you doing?” I asked, grabbing him by the arm as I whispered harshly in his ear.

“You have to get used to it, Sam. Plus, you haven’t sung for my dad yet. This is your chance,” he whispered back.

“B-but I’m nervous,” I admitted.

He stared at me for a few moments before speaking.

“There’s always that feeling when you perform for the first time. You just have to do it. I’m here supporting you all the way,” he said in a comforting tone.

His words lessened the butterflies in my stomach. I gulped as I nodded.

“Alright!” Joe yelled to the crowd whom cheered with him.

I stared at Nick as silence began to reign over the crowd, the lights shining around me instead of on me. A sigh escaped me as I opened my mouth to speak.
♠ ♠ ♠
I do not own the song that was used in this chapter. That song was 6 Minutes by the Jonas Brothers.

The next update will be in a week, so that's next Friday.

Please don't forget to comment and subscribe.