Betrayed

003

(Keyarie)
I don’t know why I was doing it, but I just had a sudden urge to drive down the street were my missing friend for the past three years use to stay with her parents. I haven’t been down this street in a long time, but I just felt like I had to do it.

I was sitting with my sister Kimmy who had decided to ride with me. As I slowly made my way down the street the site that caught me took my breath away. There she was after three years running around in the yard chasing a little girl.

I parked the car, which was my boyfriend’s, Matt’s, told Kimmy to stay put, and crossed the street. I stopped just outside the yard and watched as she continued to chase the little girl.

As I looked at the child something in my gut told me that this was not good at all. I just had a feeling that the child was going to be the cause of so much pain and heartache to come. Watching her run though it and laugh it was obvious whose child she was, but yet I couldn’t call out to Beauty and let her know that I found her and her secret.

She finally caught the child and scoped her up in her arms and kissed her cheek. As she swung her around a few times she stopped in her tracks and just stared at me. We looked at each other for a while until I walked up to her.

On instinct she brought the child closer to her, “What are you doing here?” she asked me.

I gave her a smile, “I could be asking you the same thing.”

She sat the kid down on the ground and got to her level, “Kay-Kay, go up to granddaddy while mommy talks to some friends, kay?”

“Kay,” the little girl said and then stuck out her lips where Beauty kissed them and then she made her way to the porch where Beauty’s father picked her up before she started climbing the steps.

“Is she…” I started to ask, but was cut off.

“I don’t want to talk about who her father is, but when can talk about what you are doing here?”

I knew she was still angry in our parts in ruining her life in a way. I mean I was her best friend and I knew what he was doing behind her back, but never said a mumbling word to her. I didn’t even drop hints. I remember sitting up late nights as she cried wondering what he was doing and with who and what was wrong with her. I remember how she was carefree and then how she turned into a shy quiet person.

He did things to her that many men wouldn’t dream off, but hers did and now look at what happened. She had his child and left all alone. I wondered if he knew, “And no, he doesn’t know.” She says answering thought like she was reading my mind.

Once again we were looking at each other in silence and then I just spoke, “The reason why I was over here is because I felt an urge to come. Like something called me here.” She just nodded her head. “I miss you and so does everyone else.”

She gave me a look like ‘yeah right’, “Really, now for some reason I don’t believe that.” She said and crossed her arms over her chest.

“Look if you don’t believe me, come to my house.” She looked away from me and she shook her head. I could tell she was crying, “Why not?” I asked.

She turned back to me, “You should know why.” She stated and then just walked away from me. Once on the porch she picked up the little girl and walked inside the house.

I let out a sigh and walked back to the car where Kimmy was waiting. Getting to the car I just hoped that what ever was planned that it went down that way that it was suppose to.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment!