Betrayed

005

(Beauty)
I’ve been home for a week now and I am starting to suspect that my mom lied to me to get me to come home. I knew that she missed me, but I couldn’t get over the fact hat she lied just to get me to come home. Now that I think about it I may not have come home if she had simply asked.

I was in the living sitting on the couch as Kayla sat on the floor coloring messily over the animals that were in her coloring book. I stopped reading my book as I heard car doors slam shut and people walking up to the door.

I got up and went to see who it was. When I opened the door I noticed that it was Keyarie and two other girls. I knew who they were. I use to hang out with them. There was Kelly who dated Johnny, she was a red head with perfect freckles scattered across her nose. Then there was Lisa, Jimmy’s girl whose hair was a multi color of red, orange, and yellow, which kind of reminded me of Hayley from Paramore.

“Are you going to let us in?” Keyarie asked. She was always the bold one so I just moved out the way.

As the girls filed into the house and took seats Kayla stopped coloring and latched onto the back of my legs since I was still standing and stared at the three women between my legs.

“Awe, she is so cute. Is she…” Lisa was about to ask, but I cut her off.

“I don’t want to talk about it.”

“Okay,” Lisa said while putting her hands up in the air.

I reached down and picked Kayla up and put her on my hip, “So what do you guys want?” I asked being blunt and getting to the point.

Keyarie stood up, “Well I want you to come to the party tonight at my house.”

I looked at her like she was crazy which she was, “Uhm, no, I don’t think so.”

“Look, Be-Be I told them you’re here and it took a lot to stop Brian from coming over here this past week. Either you come with us or we tell him about the kid.”

I pulled Kayla closer to me, “You can’t do that. No! I’m not going. So, you can forget that idea.”

“Be-Be you are giving me no choice I’m telling him.” I watched as she started to walk towards the door followed by the others.

I panicked. Knowing her she may have already told him, “I’ll come, but who’s going to watch my baby?” I knew that I had her there and I wouldn’t be leaving, until my mom walked in.

“You go ahead Beauty I’ll watch the baby.”

I looked at my mother like I couldn’t believe she just helped them, “I have nothing to wear.” I told them.

“Oh don’t worry, Matt gave me his bank card. So, come on.”

I looked down at my daughter and she looked back at me. When I looked into her hazel eyes I saw him and my breath catched, was I ready to see him yet?
“Bye Kay-Kay. Mommy has to leave,” I said as I kissed her puckered out lips she held for me to kiss.

“Bye, bye momma,” she said and I placed her down on the floor where she tittered back to her coloring.

I picked up my purse and walked out the door, “Let’s go.” I said as I walked past the one black and two white women in front of me. I walked to the car and climbed into the front passenger seat and slammed the door. I felt like I was loosing control.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment so I know how I am doing. It helps to know if you like it or not. Thanks.