I Did It All So Maybe I'd Live This Every Day

We're Burning

Aiden’s POV

It didn’t take that long to sort everything out with Mikey and Frank so I got to head back to Gerard quickly. I stopped off in a town on the way and grabbed a cell phone; I didn’t know if there was actually signal where we lived but I hoped there was. If there isn’t it’ll be a bit of a problem. As I was nearing the house I smelt something really alarming, I stopped the car and got out to figure out what it was. I knew in the first second what it was, or should I say who. I got back in my car as fast as I could and was on my way back at high-speed. I had no idea what he was here for or how he found me that was if he was trying to find me. Then more questions struck me, Gerard? What was he doing to him? Was he going to hurt Gerard? I couldn’t think of what he could possibly do to Gerard and I didn’t want to.

I drove up the long winding drive and stopped the car right in front of the house. Mikhail and Gerard were standing in the garage as if they were waiting for me. Gerard looked scared and Mikhail looked angry. I got out of the car and was at Gerard’s side before a human could even start to say ‘vampire’.

“What are you doing here?” I asked him anger lacing every word I was saying. I didn’t mean to sound so mean and angry but I was just being protective.

“Thought I’d come to visit is all” Mikhail replied sounding calm though his face still held anger.

“Well that’s really nice of you, especially since you left Gabriel and I nearly 140 years ago.” I replied with sarcasium, once I had learnt what it was and how to use it properly it was shown to be really useful.

“I had no choice, it was too dangerous for me to stay with you,” he said as two other vampires, younger than both him and I, turned up next to him.

“Well that was very nice of you to think of me and I’d like it if you left me again” I said as I looked at the two new comers. One stood very sure in her stance while the other was very relaxed and looked very calm, Gabriel would love to be around her. They were of course both extremely beautiful and so was Mikhail. Mikhail hadn’t changed in the 140 years I hadn’t seen him. He still wore the same jacket though not the same clothing underneath but that would be weird even for vampires.

“I don’t think we will” the older out of the two new comers said to me. I ignored her comment and just looked at Mikhail, he noticed this.

“We’ll stay for a while” he paused and then added

“That is if we aren’t intruding too much, there are many things I need to ask you Aiden and tell you.” He finished; I stood in thought and then turned to look at Gerard to my left. He looked happier and calmer than he did when I got here, I knew he was glad that I had come home when I did.

“No you’re not intruding too much but I will tell you when you are.” I replied and then remembered our major difference,

“But while you are here you will not feed off of the humans, if you don’t like that then you will have to leave.” I said firmly making sure that he and his companions understood my grounds. I did not want Gerard smelling human blood, I knew how tempting it was and I didn’t want him wanting it too.

“What? Just animals? That’s absurd no one can live properly like that!” the girl spoke up once again,

“Then you will have to leave,” I said sternly not talking my eyes off of Mikhail, he was the leader of the pack there was no need to really speak to her. Gerard and I aren’t part of a pack we’re a family which is very unusual for vampires, we all discuss things together or well we will when Gerard is stronger and older.

“No that’s fine we won’t be staying long anyway,” Mikhail replied and then stole a glance at the cocky young girl.

“Good I’m glad you understand” I responded just staring at Mikhail. It was different being in this situation where I was negotiating with him rather than following his directions and orders.

Mikhail turned to the two girls, the older one was still trying to strike a dangerous pose while the other one was leaning on one of my now done up cars.

“This is Sephora and this here is Laura” he motioned to the two girls. It seems he had learnt to not be so absolutely domineering and now he actually acknowledges his companions. He use to do this with me but never with Gabriel, Gabriel was always just the boy at the back to him.

“It’s nice to meet your acquaintance, I am Aiden and this is Gerard though you’ve probably already been introduced.” I looked from Laura to Sephora and nodded my head and then stepped closer to Gerard. At this I noticed Mikhail’s eyes narrow,

“Well as much as I like being in my garage I think we’d all be better off in the house” I said as I went into the house and sat at my piano. Mikhail was the first one in after myself next was Gerard who sat next to me at the piano. The two girls followed just as quickly.

“What happened?” Gerard asked me as I started playing the piano. Having other people in the house didn’t really faze me.

“Everything is fine and I got you the cell phone, it’s in my car. Oh and could you park the car properly for me?” I turned to look at him smiling once again. He smiled at me too

“Sure can” he replied before I kissed him and then he went off to park the car and grab the phone.

“What was that?” Mikhail asked alarmed standing behind me,

“What was what Mikhail?” I asked him emotionless as I use to be.

“Is he your mate?” he seethed, I knew he wouldn’t like it or approve.

“Yes” I turned and stood up in front of him. I may not be as tall or near it but I had just as much power as him and that’s all that mattered to me.

“Him? That weak newborn?” he said as if it was poison on his lips,

“Yes him” I said plainly acting as if I wasn’t annoyed but I was. I know I’m being a hypocrite but I really didn’t like it how he looked down at Gerard as if he was a tiny ant that he could just squish, which he probably could.

“Vous êtes tombé dans l'amour avec lui? C'est honteux!” he said in French, he would only ever use French with me if he was really angry, he always found it easier to express himself in French since that is our native language. What he just said was ‘You fell in love with him? That’s shameful!’.

“Oui et c'est aucun de vos affaires de toute façon” I replied ‘Yes and it’s none of your business anyway’.

“Débattre en anglais. Si vous faites c'est plus intéressant,” the younger girl Sephora I think her name is said from one of the couches. Both Mikhail and I snapped around and glared at her. She had said ‘Argue in English. If you do it's more interesting’,. At this time Gerard came back into the room and stopped dead in his tracks when he saw Mikhail and I standing defensively in front of each other staring holes in Sephora.

Mikhail flew out the front door without a second heed, Laura followed but Sephora stayed behind unfazed by the whole thing.

“Guess he’s figured out we’re together” Gerard let out a deep sigh and fell into the couch while turning on the phone.

“Yes and he is not very happy about it” I replied walking over towards him. Sephora was staring up at the roof like it was the most amazing thing she had ever seen.

“I can imagine” he retorted patting the spot next to him, I sat down in the spot and laid my head on the back of the couch.

“Do you know that Gabriel is actually related to you?” he said with no importance almost as it was something he was observing.

“What? No he isn’t” I shook my head confused,

“Mikhail said he was your grandnephew or something like that” Gerard replied staring into space,

“My grandnephew?” I enquired; this all would make sense, a lot of sense.

“Yes that’s what he said anyway, that would probably be something he might want to tell you about.” He replied and then started playing with the phone in his hand.

As Gerard played with the phone I was going over the events from when I had saved Gabriel. He had been in the same area I had lived in. He looked so much like my little brother and that’s why I saved him. He was the right age to be my brother son’s son/daughter everything was matching up. I wish there was some way of finding out for sure, I could go to France and look up family records since DNA testing was out of the question.

“Darn no signal” Gerard said in aggravation, for a second I forgot that there were actually people in the room with me.

“Do you want me to go and find some?” I asked still with thoughts fluttering in and out of my head.

“Yeah that would be great,” he answered handing me the phone. Gerard’s gotten use to not being able to go out into the woods without me clearing it first, it was a good habit. I quickly scouted the area for places with signal and no human scent. I came across Mikhail’s trail a few times but didn’t bother with it. I came back and got Gerard and took him there so he could call Mikey.