I Did It All So Maybe I'd Live This Every Day

Through Our Phantoms

Gerard’s POV

After talking with Mikey I was much happier, it was good to hear his voice again. There was something not right about this whole situation though; Aiden had spoken to Gabriel for a few minutes telling him about the situation. Aiden was looking a bit worried; I guess having human drinking vampires around was something to be worried about. I didn’t want Mikey or Frank to be anywhere near them but I didn’t know why they would even go there. Aiden said something about Laura but I didn’t really understand, and of course there was a lot to do with Mikhail. It was over so fast that some of the details didn’t stay with me, I had to practise more on my focus because I should have a nearly photographic memory and a good one too.

We got back to the house and the three other vampires were there just sitting around or noising through Aiden’s and her family’s stuff.

“I need to drink” Aiden told me as we got through the door. I hadn’t noticed but her eyes were darker than night,

“You go, I’ve drunk recently” she smiled kissed me quickly and then disappeared to go and find her prey for tonight.

“So Gerard” Mikhail came around the corner his voice sounding menacing

“Yes Mikhail” I replied acting indifferently, that was kind of hard since I knew how old and probably could guess how strong he was.

“I would like to have a word with you, in private” Mikhail told me and then turned around and looked back at me once before disappearing out the back of the house. I followed closely behind, the only reason I was able to keep up with him was because I was a new born.

“Being a new born is handy at times I see” he turned and looked at me once we had stopped, I arrived right after he did.

“Yes it would seem so” I relied standing tall and confident, though that confidence could be kicked from under my feet in a split second.

“Now I would like to talk to you about Aiden” he stood a meter away from me and looked directly into my eyes.

“I thought as much” I responded like it wasn’t a surprise, which it wasn’t.

“You love her and she loves you, am I correct?” he asked, he didn’t really need to it was kind of obvious.

“Correct” I replied anyway, he was probably making sure he had gotten all his fact correct. It was a fact that we loved each other nothing was going to change that, if we were human that might be different but we’re not.

A look of anger crossed Mikhail’s face and I wanted to escape then but I stood still. Acting like the anger showing on his face wasn’t scaring the living daylights out of me, I mean dead daylights? Since I’m not living anymore.

“Did she love you when you were human?” he asked now through gritted teeth,

“I’m not sure, it was only after I was turned that she told me,” I answered as if I was now bored of this conversation.

“Hum…” he said, actually it might have just been a growl. It seemed to vibrate through the forest around us.

“Mikhail I know that you love her but there is really nothing to do about it now. You said it wasn’t safe to love her, why have your views suddenly changed?” I asked him curious now.

“My views have not changed. That doesn’t change the situation though. I wouldn’t have left her if she was going to go and fall in love with something like you.” He spat with venom dripping off his every word. My hands that were clasped behind my back were shaking a little.

“Well I’m glad you did leave her, I’m sure if she had stayed with you she would’ve been worse off.” I said sternly, there was a sense of finality in my words that I didn’t know was in my tone.

“Filthy new born” he barked before leaving in a flight of rage.

I stayed for a little while and then leisurely made my way back. As I was I came across a scent, it smelt like raspberry dipped in honey, it was Laura. Laura had been far enough for us not to detect her straight away but to still over hear us. I didn’t go back to the house after this, I followed Laura’s trail, as it didn’t go back to the house either. I stopped when I heard a growl erupt from somewhere around me. I sat and focused of any noise around me, at first I could only hear the birds and various insects around me and then I heard them. Laura and Sephora were in the forest talking. I had a sense of déjà vu but it was reversed. Just a little while ago Mikhail and I had been talking and Laura had been eavesdropping now it was the other way around. Laura and Sephora were talking or arguing, it sounded like the later option as their voices were so harsh.

“Laura you shouldn’t do that” Sephora said with authority in her voice.

“And why not? I’m going to ruin her life! She’s a traitor to our kind! So I think it’s only fair.” She growled at Sephora,

“She is not a traitor this is all only because you love Mikhail and he loves her. You knew he didn’t love you this shouldn’t make it any different, it’s not like they’re going to get together.” Sephora replied logically and with very modern language.

“I can’t believe Mikhail could love someone like that, he should love me, Me! She is going to pay, I can’t get her or her little lover boy but I can get her brother” this I only just caught, as her voice became quiet and rather dangerous sounding. She was going to go after Gabriel, which meant she was going to find Mikey and Frank. That was something I couldn’t have.

I raced back to the house hopping that Aiden would be back but she wasn’t. I took my chances and combed through the forest looking for her, I finally found her deep in the thick of it.

“Aiden Laura is going after Gabriel,” I told her straight when I found her.

“What?” she replied very confused and still looking hungry,

“Laura is angry at you, she called you a traitor and said she’d make you pay. She’s decided to go after Gabriel since she can’t get you or I. I heard her and Sephora talking in the forest.” I explained all at top speed. I was nervous and anxious I didn’t want Laura finding any of them and seeking revenge.

“It’s okay Gerard you can calm down. Gabriel, Mikey and Frank aren’t there anymore they went away for a while.” She told me calmly her eyes scanning the forest for any sign of prey. I took a deep breath knowing that things were going to be all right.

“That’s a relief. Well I’ll leave you to hunt and go back to the house” I replied and then kissed her on the forehead. She was a bit distracted since she was in predator mode.
Without waiting for a reply I went back to the house.
Aiden didn’t come back for another hour but when she did Sephora was the first to find her.

“Aiden Laura is going after your brother” she said worried. I’ve only seen her calm and collected this was very unusual to see her worried.

“It’s okay Sephora I know, Gerard over heard you and Laura. Gabriel is safe he isn’t there anymore, Laura won’t find anything.” Aiden told her taking hold of her shoulder reassuringly.

“She’s the best tracker I know though, she could find anything she wants.” Sephora replied still looking worried, maybe there was something to be worried about.

“They’ve left the country there is no way Laura will be able to find them” Aiden said finishing the conversation.

“Okay that’s good then” Sephora trailed off a little and looked around the room.

Everything settled a little after Aiden reassured us both that Gabriel, Mikey and Frank were in no danger. Sephora and I were lying across the two couches while Aiden was playing the piano when Sephora spoke up.

“Aiden I was wondering…” she started asking Aiden a question,

“Yes?” Aiden replied stopping playing the piano and turning to look at Sephora.

“Um… I was wondering if you could teach me self control?” she sat up and looked at Aiden nervously.

“You mean how to just live off animals and not humans?” Aiden rephrased her question,

“Yes” Sephora nodded her head as well.

“Well seeing as Gerard is also doing the same thing I don’t see why not, though I hope you know it will take a lot of hard work. You’ll have to work a lot harder than Gerard since he hasn’t even tasted human blood.” Aiden got up and walked over to my couch and perched on the edge of it.

“I know but I want to do it, I don’t feel right killing humans, when I got here and heard that there was another way things started looking better. I’m sick of killing humans just to survive!” Sephora said frustrated, I felt sorry for her.

“I know what you mean, as long as you know what it will take and are willing to comply to my terms and teaching then I will help you” Aiden was sounding so formal and kind of like a robot, it was similar to her heartless self but you could still tell in the tone of her voice that she had a heart.

“Thank you” Sephora smiled and the dazed look she always had in her eyes until recently came back.