I Did It All So Maybe I'd Live This Every Day

Bring Us Back Into The Light

Gabriel’s POV

I got back in the middle of the night though that doesn’t really matter in my household, when I got through the door everyone was sitting on the couch waiting for me.

“Welcome back Gabriel” Tristian welcomed me with a beaming smile, I’ve missed him while I was away I’ve missed them all but the one I’ve missed the most was sleeping next door.

“How’s Gerard?” Elizabeth asked feeling anxious,

“He’s doing very well Aiden’s been looking after him and teaching him every thing” I smiled and then sat down with them all.

“Oh isn’t that nice of her,” Gwendolyn said sarcastically she was feeling very envious though I’m not sure why she would.

“Gwendolyn” Elizabeth told her off, Gwendolyn was really the only on in the house who was like their child in both ages whereas Aiden and I were older vampires. Gwendolyn huffed and then slid further into the couch, I went on to tell them all about the problem we were going to have in the next week with Gerard. Elizabeth said she would love to look after him for the week and Tristian said that he would take the week off work to help her; Gwendolyn said she wanted to too but she had exams as well so she couldn’t. Gwendolyn was confusing me a lot at the moment, she was envying Aiden and wanted to look after Gerard if I didn’t know better I would think Gwendolyn liked Gerard but I knew she didn’t.

When the clocks hit 8 I thought it was a reasonable time to go and see Mikey and Frank, when I got there I went straight to Mikey’s room to wake him. I knocked on the door but there was no reply so I just went on in, I sat on the edge of his bed and watched as he slept peacefully.

“Mikey” I whispered into his ear as I put my hands on his shoulders, he shook a little but didn’t wake,

“Mikey it’s Gabriel” I whispered into his ear again, I felt a surge of joy wash over his body and then when I pulled away his eyes were opened wide and he was staring at me.

“Good morning” I smiled at him and pushed the hair out of his face

“Gabriel you’re back” he said very happily not an ounce of tiredness in his voice

“I’m back Mikey” I replied and then Mikey’s arms where around my neck and he was hugging me as close to him as he could, if I was a normal human I think I would’ve been choking but I wasn’t so I could bask in our embrace instead.

“I’ve missed you so much” Mikey said in my ear still with his arms around my neck,

“I missed you too Mikey” I replied as I pulled away from him first as our closeness was causing me a slight problem but I could deal with it.

“How are you?” I asked him as I noticed his face had hardened and become graver in the week I wasn’t here,

“I’m okay I guess but I’m better now that you’re here” he smiled at me and kissed my cheek, even though it was dark I could see Mikey blush after he kissed me it was so adorable.

“I’m glad you’re better now” I grinned at him myself. I lay back down with Mikey and let him get a little more rest I was just glad to be back with him since I hadn’t seen him in a week or just less.

That weekend I spent catching up with Mikey and Frank I also had to go to the school and sort out Aiden’s and my absences from school for the past week and then longer for Aiden. The school was fine with our absences and then I got out schedules for exams, Aiden’s were spanned out for only the first week, which was great I only had one more to do on the following Tuesday, which was fine. Elizabeth and Tristian left on Sunday night and Aiden was back early on Monday morning. When Aiden got back she seemed worried and preoccupied I guess she was worried about Gerard I knew it wasn’t about the exams because we have done them a few times already even if they do keep changing them. We gave Mikey and Frank a lift to school seeing as they didn’t have a car, Elizabeth had made Gwendolyn give them a lift while I was away so they didn’t have to walk or catch a bus it was just easier even if Gwendolyn didn’t want to. Our exams were all very easy even if Mikey and Frank were worrying over them; I knew they would do fine even though they hadn’t been studying though it was understandable.

“Aiden are you okay?” I asked her as we waited in front of the school for Mikey and Frank to finish their exam as Aiden and I had and she had left early so I did as well.
Aiden didn’t reply she just looked at me like I was supposed to know which I probably was if she wasn’t being so much like herself.

“Aiden it’s not like I can read your mind” I replied to her looks she sighed in frustration and then relaxed a little that is when I felt the weirdest emotions ever radiate from her, it was no wonder she was so tense. She was feeling a mix of confusion, frustration, aggravation, irritation, longing, yearning, hunger, craving, lust and love.

“Wow” I mumbled trying to figure out each of the emotions but I couldn’t,

“Aiden what happened?” I asked her trying to find the reason for these emotions.

“I don’t know I was feeling all these weird feelings the other day and then I became really annoyed and frustrated because I didn’t know what they were and if just continued to mount from them” she explain I knew exactly what emotions she would feel foreign. Aiden had never felt longing or yearning for any other person but me, she had only ever hungered for blood and the only craving she had felt was for her old family. Now lust and love would be completely foreign for her they were completely new emotions and she wouldn’t be able to identify them by herself but she needed to.

“What is it Gabriel?” she turned to me and asked me, she looked so lost and innocent it was so odd normally she was the strong one who knew everything.

“I can’t tell you that Aiden this is something you have to figure out for yourself” I told her, I didn’t really want to leave her trying to figure it out by herself but I couldn’t tell her straight out because she would never believe me. If I told her that she loved Gerard then I’m not actually quite sure what would happen, she would have to figure it out on her own without my help.

“Please Gabriel it’s so frustrating I need to know” she pleaded; it was the first time in my life that I had ever heard her plead for something.

“I’m sorry Aiden but when you figure it out you’ll know why” I said as I stroked the side of her face it had been a while since I had seen her so fragile and innocent and for so long. It’s amazing what love does to people she has spent nearly 200 years without feeling the amazing affect of it and now that she has it has reduced her to what I can only imagine she was like as a real human.

“Gabriel” she pleaded once more,

“Rose” I whispered gently close to her so only she could hear me. Rose was her original name from when she was born but she decided to change it after she was turned and lost everything she used to love. She pulled back from me straight away and looked at me wide-eyed,

“Why did you use that name?” she asked me alarmed

“Because this is what I imagine you would have been like as a child,” I replied with my hand holding her chin. She didn’t say anything for a while

“Gabriel can I give you a hug?” she asked I was slightly taken aback by her question as she had never hugged me then I smiled and pulled her close to me.

“You never have to ask Aiden,” I told her as I held her in my arms, for once in our lives I finally felt like the older one even though I wasn’t but I finally felt like I was protecting her and doing what an older brother should.
We didn’t stay like that for long Aiden recomposed herself and then by the time Mikey and Frank came out we were back to normal.