I Did It All So Maybe I'd Live This Every Day

As snow falls on desert sky

Gabriel’s POV

When we got back home after our English exam I wasn’t surprised to see that Aiden’s car had gone I knew what and where she had gone.

“Hey what happened to Aiden in the middle of the exam?” Frank asked as we walked to Mikey’s front door,

“She was reminded of something in the exam and had to leave” I replied sounding truthful.

“What was it?” Mikey asked me as he unlocked the door,

“It was just something about our grandmother and she couldn’t stand being in the exam so she left” I explained as we threw our stuff on the ground and fell into the couch. I loved being a proper teenager it gave me reason to be lazy, it was so refreshing to my home where everything was always tidy and clean.

“Oh is she at home now?” Frank asked looking sympathetic

“No I think she’s gone back to the house, I think she needed to be alone you know how she is” I sighed leaning my head back on the couch and closing my eyes. I could feel both Mikey’s and Frank’s eyes upon me

“How close were you to your grandmother?” Frank asked after a while, I raised my head back up and looked at him

“Not that close Aiden and her were always closer as you would have noticed,” I said looking and smiling at Mikey beside me

“Yeah is she going to be okay?” Frank asked, he was being so caring and feeling it too it’s too bad Aiden probably wouldn’t be back here again though I don’t know how we’re going to explain that.

“I’m sure she will be I’ll go back up this weekend and see how she is, now I think we should be studying for tomorrow” I said as I grabbed my bag from beside Mikey and pulled out my books. Mikey and Frank sighed and tried their hardest to delay me but it didn’t work.

Friday came and went and then I had to say goodbye to Mikey once again which I really did not want to do but I had to sort things out with Aiden and the rest of my family. Gwendolyn was happy to be left on her own in the house though I’m not really sure that was a good idea as she was bound to have a party but she’s had them before and it was hardly noticeable. When I arrived back in our country house everything was dark which was abnormal it was as if no one was home. As I searched the house I could only find traces of Aiden and Gerard, which lead to her room, I knocked gently though I didn’t really need to.

“Gabriel” Aiden smiled as she opened the door to me, it was weird to she her smiling so happily.

“Well I see you’re not confused anymore” I replied as I hugged her she stood there tense for a second and then embraced me like family.

“I see Gerard’s already rubbing off on you,” I said as I pulled away from her and smiled at Gerard who was sitting on the couch.

“I’ve been trying my hardest” he smiled back up at me as Aiden and I walked over to the couch to join him.

“So what are you here for you haven’t finished your exams yet?” Aiden questioned me sitting between Gerard and I,

“We need to sort some things out and I didn’t want the others to find my visits suspicious” I replied

“Oh yes there are a lot of things we need to discuss, like the fact that I’m not coming back with you or at least not for many years” Aiden smirked at me it was so weird to see her showing so many emotions all at once and feeling them too.

She was feeling so happy there was this warmth that was radiating from her body that had never been there before,

“Right yes now we have to come up with a story for that and are we actually going to stay here?” I asked her Gerard was just sitting there listening but not really paying that much attention.

“Yes I think we should stay here I don’t think it would be safe at this point to move and anyway we have all we want here and so do you.” She smiled shyly at me she now knew what I felt for Mikey but my situation was a little more difficult than hers and would always be now.

“So what are we going to tell Mikey and Frank?” I asked hoping for some really good idea and truthful ideas.

“Why don’t you tell them that Aiden is actually adopted and that some long lost relatives have found her and they want her back” Gerard proposed I looked at him surprised

“That sound’s like a good idea but would they believe that?” Aiden questioned looking between Gerard and I.

“I don’t know if they would believe that you would actually leave and go with them or that we weren’t related” I replied as it was a little far fetched,

“Yeah I must say I didn’t really absolutely believe that you were adopted I would’ve believed it more if you said that Gabriel and you were adopted but not just you.” Gerard added, I thought about saying that I was adopted too but that wouldn’t work because then I would have to leave to and that’s what we were trying to prevent.

“So that isn’t going to work, well since holidays are here we could just say that you want to be alone and would prefer to stay here for a while and we’ll try and come up with something until then.” I said after a while of everyone thinking.

“I guess that’s going to have to do unless you tell them that I’ve contracted some disease and that I’m stuck in hospital and that no one can see me” Aiden shrugged her shoulders, her face had become emotionless again and so had she.

“I don’t think we’ll need to do that but we’ll keep that as a back up plan” Gerard laughed and gave Aiden a one armed hug at which she looked a little surprised. I spent the rest of the weekend there helping Aiden with Gerard though he didn’t really need to be taught much anymore. On Saturday morning I found myself lying stretched out on the couch listening to Aiden play while Gerard was sitting next to me.

“Gabriel what happened when you were changed?” Gerard asked me interested

“Do you mean my story?” I asked him not quite sure of exactly what he meant.

“Yes that’s what I mean” he nodded his head once in reply,

“Well I don’t know if Aiden’s told you her story yet,” I said as I sat up,

“Yeah she did, she didn’t tell me much about you though” he replied. Aiden stopped playing and then came and sat next to me probably to make sure I got all my details correct.

“Okay well I was born in a small French village near the ocean the same one Aiden as born but 37 years later. I was 16, as you would know when I was bitten, I was going home after my days work as a stable hand. I passed the local bar where my boss was having a drink with his friends when he walked out absolutely drunk, he and his friends saw me and decided they would ‘have some fun’ as they called it. They beat me until I was a second away from death and that’s when Aiden found me.” I stopped and looked at her she smiled at me a little pained.

“She got Mikhail to turn me and then spent the rest of her days teaching me everything I needed to know she and I grew close in that first year, Mikhail and I hardly ever talked and then two years after I was turned he left us both. This was around the same time I was experimenting with animal blood instead of human, I told Aiden about it after Mikhail had left and she agreed to try it so we moved to the country away from the population and tried it and it worked after about 10 years of course.” I finished smiling at Aiden but she still had the same pained smile upon her lips.

“Your story is much shorter than Aiden’s” Gerard smiled at both Aiden and I,

“Yes and not so exciting” I grinned at her but she had once again gone emotionless and when I was just getting use to her showing so much emotion.

Aiden was giving my Porsche a check up before I left when Gerard came up behind me

“Gabriel” he said trying to whisper, which wouldn’t have stopped anyone around here though there was only Aiden since Tristian and Elizabeth had taken a short holiday to New York City.

“Yes Gerard?” I turned around to face him talking in a normal tone,

“I need to talk to you,” he said before he disappeared into the forest and I followed.

“Gerard why did we need to come out here?” I asked him once he had stopped and once we were out of hearing range.

“I need to talk to you about Mikey and I don’t want to worry Aiden” he told me I just rolled my eyes, if he ever managed to actually worry Aiden I would be amazed.

“What is it?” I asked him acting like he wasn’t over exaggerating,

“Is he okay he didn’t take me leaving too hard did he?” Gerard asked caringly I was glad that he had reconnected with his emotions but it might turn out to be dangerous.

“Yes he’s fine Frank was there and then I came back he’s dealing with it and he got your letter which made him happier” I smiled at him and put a comforting hand on his shoulder.

“Can I send him another letter from me?” Gerard asked me hopefully like I was going to say no, he didn’t really need our permission.

“Of course you can and next time I don’t think we need to come all the way out here to talk about this Aiden won’t worry.” I said and then went back to the house with Gerard following me. Gerard wrote his letter and then gave it to me I posted it in a small town on my way back.