Status: Just getting started.

Sleep Until Forgotten

Befriended

When I woke up, the moon was out, but there was only the littlest sliver of it left. I had slept through the rest of the day at least.

Hakudoshi and Kagura where still asleep, but Kohaku was just closing the door behind him as he left the house.

I waited a minute, letting him get a head start, but followed after him eagerly curious as to where he was going.

When I opened the door to follow though, he was standing right there, staring at me.

"Oh, h-hey, Kohaku, what are you doing?" I asked nervously.

"I could ask the same of you."

"Oh I just woke up and thought I would take a walk through the woods around here. I'd never get too far though, it's not like I have anything on the offensive side going for me," I laughed awkwardly.

"Well then don't let me get in your way," he stepped aside.

"T-thank you," I stuttered.

I walked away, but stopped at the bottom of the steps and looked back up at Kohaku.

"Why don't you come with me?"

He looked back in at Hakudoshi and Kagura nervously, but nodded and followed after me.

I stuffed my hands in the pockets of my jeans and asked, "So why are you with them?"

He shrugged, "I don't know, I don't really remember anything," he said looking away from me into the trees.

I nodded and said, "I know how you must feel, I don't remember much either. It's hard to explain though because I didn't forget everything, I know what I look like without even having to look in a mirror or anything, but I don't really know what I'm like personality wise."

We were silent for a while, but then Kohaku looked over at me and asked, "What happened with you and Inuyasha's group?"

I shook my head, "Little miss princess Kagome wanted dog-boy to herself I guess because she basically told me pack up and leave. Apparently she's afraid I'm 'useless', but you saw what I could do right? Or at least you know. I'm not completely worthless, am I?"

"No, of course not, but I am wondering if it is an area thing, or if it's only some people, or if it's only who you're focusing on. Maybe if we can focus on training your ability, and if you ever have the chance, you could end up maybe going off on your own, or going back to Inuyasha's group and proving Kagome wrong," he shrugged again.

I laughed, "That would be fun to see the surprise on her face when I show up and I show her what I can do!"

"I'd be careful though, who knows who might want to take advantage of what you can do. I'm sure that's why Kagura kept you, Hakudoshi set her off to find you, and it's only your gift that's keeping you here," he said, totally ruining my 'haha take that Kagome' mood.

Are they really using me?

"Do you think Kagura would be upset if I just walked away right now?" I asked.

"Maybe not Kagura, but I think Hakudoshi would be mad at Kagura and me."

"Well, what if you came along with me and helped me train along the way?"

He thought for a second.

"I could help you train for a while if you stay here, then if you ever want to leave you could just knock Hakudoshi and Kagura out, and we'll both go then."

"That's a good idea, but I don't like the thought of be used at all. We could go back now, knock 'em out, and then leave," I suggested.

"I don't know," he said looking off again and stopping.

I stopped beside him, "Come on you couldn't like it that much here either. We could help each other out there. I'll never make it by myself," I admitted looking down.

He sighed and started walking back.

I followed him and he said, "We had better get back, we should knock them out before they even have a chance to wake up."

"How'll we know they're out then?"

"I'll try to wake them up, from what I know only you can wake them up, so if I shake them and they stay where they are, they're out."

"Oh," I said pathetically.

They were still asleep when we got back, so Kohaku stepped back outside so I could work my magic without him being in danger of anything.

I did my thing and called Kohaku inside so he could check them out.

He shook both of them vigorously, neither of them stirring in the least.

I nodded proudly at my work, I actually had something I could do.

I laughed, "Come on Kohaku, surprisingly I still have a lot of energy, so let's get going!"

He shook his head at me and followed behind as I took off, running ahead.

After running for a while we came across a path in the forest.

I looked behind me to say something to Kohaku, but he was actually leaning on a tree trying to catch his breath.

"You okay? Sorry, but when I have energy I have energy," I laughed.

"It's fine, I'm just not used to running long distances it's been a while since they've sent me out to do much."

"We can wait here for a while if you want, at least we have a path to follow now, it's got to lead somewhere."

"Uh, sure, I guess we could wait here for a minute," he sat down.

I slid down the tree next to him, legs and arms crossed.

"So, you really don't remember anything?" he asked.

"Not much, like I said it's the me I don't remember, I don't even know if I have any family. I do have one memory though. It's the weirdest thing in the world though, it might just be a random dream."

"Well, dream or not at least you have something to look on."

"And you don't?"

"Not a thing," he fell down on his back and crossed his arms too.

"Well that sucks," I mumbled.

"Hey look!" he said all of a sudden. "There're people coming!"

"Get back!" I whispered, pushing him into the bushes.

"There are three of them," he said peeking out. "Why don't you try to knock only one of them out? Walk up to them and then yawn, but only concentrate on one of them when you do it," he pushed me out of the bushes.

I scowled at him but tapped on one of the people's shoulders.

"What are you doing out here little girl? It's well past midnight!" a girl in the group said, not the one I tapped on. I think I'll focus on her actually.

"I don't know where I am," I said, trying to act innocent. "Could you tell me where the nearest village is? My father will be most furious," I looked at all of them, the inner corners of my eyebrows raised.

I looked at the girl, feigning surprise.

"Goodness!" I rushed forward, "You have the most beautiful hair! May I touch it?" I reached a hand out.

"Of course," she said nervously.

I reached out as if to touch her hair, but pulled my hand back to cover my mouth as I yawned, focusing on her.

She fell quickly, and her friends rushed forward from behind me to catch her.

Again I faked surprise, "Is she okay? I hope she's not hurt, she just fell," I clutched my hand to my heart as if I was nervous for the woman, but I was trying to hide my smile. I did it!

I leaned down to wake her up, after a couple of shakes she pushed herself up from the ground, rubbing her forehead.

"I am so sorry miss! Do you know what happened? You just passed out, are you okay?" I asked her worriedly.

"I'm fine," she said sa her friends helped her up.

While they were checking to see if she was okay, I turned around to look at Kohaku, and waved him over.

"Oh! There you are brother!" I called as her walked up to us.

"What are you doing sister, I've been looking everywhere for you!" he said sternly, even putting his hands on his hips.

"I was just asking the way back to the village from these kind people," I looked over at the woman, "You are okay, aren't you?"

"Yes, I'm quite fine, now maybe you and your brother should head home, I'm sure your mother is worried sick," she said smirking.

I bowed a little to her, "Thank you ma'am, good luck on your travels!" I laughed pulling Kohaku along as we ran back the opposite way on the path.

I was still laughing when the group was well out of sight, "Apparently, I am an amazing actress! Did you see them fall for every word I said!"

Kohaku just shook his head at me.

I was still giggling every now and then when the sun came up.

I almost yawned, but held it in, eyes watering.

"I think we should just stop here and sleep," I said sitting on the ground.

"I'm not very tired, I'll make sure no on bothers us while you sleep."

"Thanks," I mumbled, laying down on the ground, falling asleep as soon as my head hit the grass.
♠ ♠ ♠
Better? Worse? Good? Bad? Horribly terrifyingly bad? Tell me please I have 2 subscribers (thank you VERY much btw) and I would like someone to comment if they can please? :3