Status: Finished

I'm in Love With My Own Sin

Chapter Five

Gerard’s P.O.V

I sat in the garage, tapping my foot and anxiously waiting for the guys to get here. Ray had just called me minutes before and told me that Bob agreed to come and try out the band with me. I was honestly stoked and surprisingly happy, even after the conversation that I had with Mikey.

Speaking of Mikey, I wasn’t even sure if he was coming to the garage. He seemed pretty upset over the phone, with my Frank talk and all. I stood up when I saw a car pull into the driveway. I couldn’t help but smile when I saw an afro in the driver’s side.

I ran over to the van and practically threw open the van door, making Ray almost fall out flat on his face.

“Fro man! You still got that fro! God how I missed seeing you!” I squealed like a five year old girl that was opening presents on Christmas morning. I took my hand and began to bounce it up and down on his fro.

“Yeah, you too Gerard its been so long. And don’t touch the Fro!” he screamed at me playfully.

I laughed and ran over to the passenger’s side door where Bob was standing their, his blue eyes boring into mine. A huge smile came across my face as I flung myself at him. It almost made him tumble over, but he caught his balance on the mirror.

I laughed and stood back from them, the smile not disappearing or fading even an inch. I was just so happy that they were here. It was like old times again. That’s when I heard honking coming down the road. I looked up to see Mikey driving down the road in his car, being as loud as he could be to make himself heard.

“I missed you guys so much it’s unreal! I say we never fall out of touch again! It is just so amazing to see you guys again! Its like old times!” I gushed, grabbing both of them and throwing them into one big hug.

“Settle down Gerard!” Bob laughed. “ I missed you too! I’m really psyched about your band idea though. It sounds amazing. I just always thought that you wanted to be a comic book artist you know, with you drawing all the time.” Bob told me. It was the honest truth too. I thought that I had wanted to do that too, but I guess things change.

Mikey parked his car across the road and walked his way up the driveway. He looked pissed off at the world but It was honestly not unusual. I have been putting him under a ton of stress lately. He walked up and looked from Ray to Bob, a smile slowly spreading across his face before he threw his arms around them in a hug.

He yelled about how much he missed them and that he was so stoked that he was seeing them again, before he calmed down and went to go sit in the garage. He was confusing. We all walked into the garage and sat down in the chairs, just talking for a little while.

It turns out that Bob has finally got a girlfriend and things are going good with him, he got a job at hot topic and he got his own apartment, which he was living in with his girlfriend. Ray was almost the same, he was still unemployed, which wasn’t that bad I guess but he was living with his girlfriend at her house. I was probably the worst of them all; still living at home, still unemployed. Well I was looking for a job, there’s a hiring at Starbucks.

After we got done with the reunion, we decided to get straight down to business. We all got out our instruments and now just kind of sat there, trying to figure out what song to play.

“Well, I don’t really know what song we could play. I know almost all of the Black Flag’s songs.” I told the rest of the guys as I sat there and picked at a loose thread that was attached to my pants.

“Do you guys know how to play ‘This Is Good’?” Ray asked us. We all looked at him at the same time and all nodded our heads. So, it was decided. This was going to be the first song that we have ever played together.

They got their instruments ready and I started to clear my throat. I was nervous, mostly because I haven’t really sang in a while, but that talent doesn’t just disappear. They began the intro and I tried to steady myself as my part was beginning to come up.

I opened my mouth and sang the lyrics to the best of my ability. I had to admit that we sounded pretty fucking awesome. There were some parts where we messed up, but it was only our first practice together. I was almost squealing with glee in the middle of the song, but I decided that it might and probably would ruin the whole song.

We finished the song and we just stayed quiet for a moment, really grasping what just happened. We all looked around at each other, smiling. I didn’t think that it was going to actually be that good. It was way better than I anticipated.

“That was fucking awesome!” Bob shouted breaking the silence. Mikey nodded his head in agreement.

“That was just wow.” Ray said in disbelief. This whole band thing felt really good right now. “It kind of seems like we are missing something though.” He added on. We all looked over at Ray, a confused look on our faces.

“I thought it sounded pretty good though. What do you mean it’s missing something?” Mikey chimed in. I nodded my head agreeing with him.

“It needs more sound. Maybe another guitar player and then it will be just astounding. We need to find another guitarist then we are set.” Ray explained to us. It did make sense, and it would fill out the sound.

“So it’s settled then. Find another guitarist and were set.” I told the guys. They all nodded in conformity.

We played a few other songs that we all new, and that made me so excited to get this band started. We actually had some potential and we couldn’t pass this up. We decided that we were going to put some fliers up around town to see if anyone was interested in being our guitarist.

We decided on waiting until tomorrow to do all of this due to the fact that it was already getting late. We said our good byes and agreed to meet in the morning. All of the guys left and I was left alone in my garage to clean up.

When I was done, I walked inside and decided to go down stairs to begin to write some songs. It was only around eight at night yet I was tired. I hadn’t really been sleeping very well lately and I really needed some sleep. I got up and shut off my light to go lay down and try to sleep. I was so excited about tomorrow I just couldn’t wait. I was for once In a long time, happy.
♠ ♠ ♠
this is the second update today so if you havent read chapter for then do itt! :D thank you for reading