Sequel: Pins and Needles

Philly Ink

Talking Shop

(Abigail’s POV)

“So I’m thinking we need one more artist and a receptionist.” Lauren was saying as she wrote a list down in her notebook. “What do you think?”

I glanced up from my glass of wine thoughtfully. “Well seeing as I already hired someone…”

Lauren’s blue eyes met mine in confusion. “What are you talking about?”

“One of the girls I work with, her name is Taylor, she does amazing piercings and I thought maybe-”

Lauren cut me off. “Piercings? Look I don’t know if piercings are a good idea for the shop, Abby…”

“Come on Laur! You can’t have a tattoo shop without piercings. It’s sacrilegious.” I took a long sip of my wine before finishing my argument. “You know that.”

Lauren blew a piece of dyed blonde hair out of her eyes. The look she threw my way made it obvious that she was annoyed. “Don’t you hate everyone you work with now?”

“Taylor is different from the rest of them.” I said in an attempt to assure my friend and now business partner. “She’s the only one I could even see in a shop with the two of us.”

Lauren was silent for a moment before she looked back at me, exasperated. “We aren’t that bad to work with… are we?”

I smiled. “Do you want me to answer that truthfully?”

“Not really.” Lauren admitted with a smirk. She was silent for a moment before sighing in defeat. “Fine! When do I get to meet this Taylor?”

I squealed in excitement and hugged Lauren out of nowhere. “Thank you! Thank you! Thank you Laur!”

The youngest Margera pushed at me to let her go. While Lauren wasn’t too keen on touching, her brothers had no issue showing affection to others, I’d even seen Bam kiss Deron before and it was a frightening experience. I released Lauren a moment later before raising my wine glass as if in a toast. She grabbed hers and did the same. After clinking them together, we took long sips from our glasses.

Once finished, Lauren decided to continue on with work. “So since we are obviously doing piercings as well, how do you expect us to find another girl to join Taylor?”

It was a good question and I had honestly not thought about it. Some business major I was. “Put out an ad?”

Lauren rolled her eyes. “Why don’t you ask Taylor if she knows anyone looking for a job?”

Nodding, I decided I could. “We’ll get someone Laur.”

Pouring another glass of wine, Lauren smirked. “I know we will. I hate waiting for it though.”

“That’s life unfortunately. Everything comes with time.”

“Speaking of time? We don’t have time to find a shop manager.” Lauren flipped through her notebook quickly. “I had two interviews the other day, but both of them sucked. Like beyond sucked.”

I frowned. “No redeeming qualities at all?”

“None whatsoever.” Lauren put her head in her hands and let out a breath. “I don’t know who we can get.”

I was about to open my mouth to offer some comfort when the door, well what was left of the door, to our new shop burst open.

“Boobies!” Jimmy Pop shouted as he stomped into the darkened building. The only light we had at the moment was a standing lamp beside the table we were working on. Jimmy paused in the threshold before focusing on us. “Ladies!”

A brilliant idea popped into my head at the sight of Jimmy. Turning to face Lauren with a mischievous smile, I spoke. “Let’s make Jimmy the shop manager.”

Lauren’s eyes widened. “That’s brilliant.”