Before the Dawn

trust

A woman answered the front door, slightly graying and plump but rather pretty at the same time. Frank breathed in heavily and growled under his breath, stepping in slightly. I saw the knowing lust in his eyes and put a hand out in front of him and pulled him back.

“Mrs. Iero?” I questioned and she nodded.

“Frankie? My Frankie? I haven’t seen you in days where have you been?” She rushed, and Frank looked at me guiltily, obviously expecting me to explain.

“Well Mrs. Iero, have you heard of vampires?” I asked, and the color drained from her face instantly.

“Yes, we have a vampire here, Way. He took my mother and my brother years ago. Why do you bring vampires up?” She asked wearily, and I had a pang of guilt about Frank’s family. I didn’t realise I had killed them. I looked over at Frank expecting him to be angry or upset at this piece of information, but he wasn’t.

“Look mum, I met Gerard Way. I fell in love with him and he made me his forever. Mum I’m sorry, but I changed. I’m a vampire, and Gerard thought it best to come and let you know so you wouldn’t worry about me.” Frank said, and his mother leaned back, wavering slightly in the doorway.

“You monster, tarnishing my son,’ she cried, glaring at me. I stepped back slightly, and Frank stepped forward.

“No mum. I came here with Gerard so you could see how happy I was now and how in love I am with Gerard. If you are just going to say how much you hate him and vampires than we’ll leave and you won’t see me again. So I’m leaving the decision up to you mum, can you get past the fact that I’m a vampire and it isn’t Gerard’s fault? If you can then I can stay your son.” Mrs. Iero was fighting an internal battle between her motherly side and her sense of what is right. I know she didn’t want to associate with vampires, but she didn’t want to loose her son either. She took a deep breath and lunged forward, engulfing Frank in a hug.

“Frank I love you no matter what. I don’t blame Gerard if you love him, I understand and I don’t want to loose you, you’re my son,” she said and Frank breathed out in a sigh.

“I love you too mum, and I’m so glad you won’t reject me just because I’m different now,” he said, and I grinned. Mrs. Iero pulled out of her sons embrace and came over to me.

“Look Gerard, I may not agree with what you’ve done, but if you look after my son I can accept you,” she said, and I smiled at her.

“I understand your discomfort with me Mrs. Iero, but I can promise you one thing. I love your son more than life itself, and that’s the only reason I turned him, so we could be together forever.” I said, and she nodded.

“Thank you Gerard, I know I can trust you with Frankie,” she said and I nodded.

“You can Mrs. Iero, because I love him forever.”