Before the Dawn

my heart stops again

I actually love my mother. She is so understanding and she didn’t disown me. I love Gerard and I’m so glad she accepts that.

“Frankie, are you ok?” Gerard asked me, kissing my cheek ever so softly. I smiled and laced my fingers with his.

“Yeah I’m fine angel, what do you want to do tonight?” I asked him, and he bit his lip.

“Sorry if you’re not ready, but I kind of need to hunt, I’m sorry if you can’t do it yet,” I said, and looked at him expectantly.

“Yeah I think I’m ready to come out with you, but could you do the killing for me?” He asked, and I smiled.

“Yeah of course I can,” I said, dragging him out into the deserted streets.

“Where do you hunt, usually I mean, these streets are deserted,” I asked Gerard, who turned to face me.

“I usually go wherever there’s people, mostly I go to the tavern,” he said, and I froze.

“Gee, can I ask you a question?” I said, and he nodded.

“When you came into the tavern the night I met you, were you planning to kill me?” I asked, and he looked down at the floor.

“Yes,” he said, not taking his eyes off the ground.

“If Mikey hadn’t intervened, would you have killed me?” I asked, and he bowed his head further, allowing the thick dark hair to fall off his shoulders and into his face, like a mask to hide behind. I knew him too well, could see through that mask.

“Yes,” he mumbled, and I swear my heart stopped. Again. It’s not like I wasn’t expecting the answer, of course I knew it was a possibility, but it still hurt to know that he could have killed me that night, could have and would have. I suddenly felt a bit scared of him, like I didn’t want to be around him.

“R-right, ok then,” I stuttered, shuffling away from him until there was about a meter gap between us. He looked up, hurt, and I felt a sudden pang of guilt, but I couldn’t just accept something like that so fast, surely he understood I might need a bit of space, right?

“Frankie, please don’t be upset, I didn’t mean it, and I don’t feel that way anymore, I love you,” he said, and I took another step back.

“I love you too but I need some space right now, cause I don’t know what I’m feeling ok,” I said, and he stretched out a shaky hand.

“P-Please Frankie, I can’t live without you, I need you baby. I’m sorry about before but I can’t change what I am, I didn’t know you so it didn’t matter to me, but now I know you and love you I would never think of ever hurting you,” he said, and I leaned in.

“I love you Gerard, I’m not leaving you, I just need a tiny bit of space and alone time because I’m a bit freaked out right now,” I whispered close to his ear so he’d really listen. Then I kissed his cheek softly and walked off in the opposite direction, feeling how confused he was even though I couldn’t see him.