Status: Done :)

When We Were Young

Everywhere

"Just one more day." I said, crossing out Friday on my calender.
It's been a few days since I moved back to Poughkeepsie and still no sign of him. Was he ignoring me? Did he possibly move? Was he...no. I didn't even want to think of that last one. There was no way he could be...well that. Whatever the reason, god forbid it was that last one, I just hoped he was okay.
It's been pretty lonely ever since my mom headed off to Florida on a business trip Tuesday night. I didn't mind it though. I've gotten pretty used to it. I headed to the kitchen for a mid-day snack but noticed the pantry a bit empty.
I sighed and mumbled to myself. "Store run it is."
I grabbed my messenger bag off the coat rack by the door and pulled my house keys out to lock the door once outside. I tossed them back into my bag and made my way down the street. Wasn't really in a driving kind of mood. When I got to the main street, I didn't even bother calling a cab. The drivers were all jerks. Plus the nearest grocery store was just a couple blocks away. Four to be exact. No biggie.
Walking down main street was very difficult this time around. I guess it was due to the fact that I wasn't in a car speeding down it. For some reason everywhere I looked, he was there. His presense. His essense. Did I find it weird? In a way, yea I did. Then again, not so much.
Almost every shop held a moment that he and I shared years ago. For example, the music store across the street where he worked at. The place we pretty much spent most of our time together and even had our first kiss. Funny thing about that day was when we pulled away, 'Stairway to Heaven' played in the background.
I giggled just thinking about it. "Awkward moment that was."
Up on the next block was the drive-in movie threatre we all hung out at quite a bit. Just looking at the place made me blush. We had our 'Happy 3 month' there, just watching the old classic movies the owners always put on. That was also when I officially became his. Til this day, he's the only man I've ever done it with. Does my mom know I'm no longer a virgin? Yea she knew. I believe the three hour sex talk was punishment enough.
I groaned just at the thought of it. "Learned my lesson."
When I finally arrived at the grocery store, I walked in and began looking for what I needed most at home. It didn't take me as long as I thought to find everything. Once the items were paid for, I took my three bags and began my journey home. As I was searching for my house keys in my bag, my phone buzzed in
my pocket letting me know I had just recieved a text message. I finally managed to find my keys and opened the front door, closing it behind me once inside. I made my way to the kitchen and began putting everything in its place. After that was done, I pulled out my phone to check the text message. I couldn't believe my eyes when I opened it.
I'm sorry for not seeing you. I just wasn't sure what I'd do if I saw you in front of me. That's all changed though. If you want, meet me in the place where we spent most of our nights underneath the stars after the show tomorrow. I'll be waiting for you. All night if I have to. ~J.
Tears slid down my cheeks the more I read his message.
"Tay was right, he did come through."
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading and subscribing.
1 more chapter left.

Should I write more short stories like this one or no?
Let me know.
I might just write one for you.
:)