Status: COMMENTS AND I'LL UPDATE!

Merry Christmas, Kiss My Ass

Now last years summer romance,

“Rewby! Momma wants you!” Jacob shouted from the bottom of the stairs, I placed down my sketch pad and pencil and made my way quickly down the stairs. I had only been in Maryland the whole of four days, but, it already felt like home.

“Yeah Mom?” I asked in confusion as I saw her cooking away at the stove while Jacob was running around wildly.

“Can you please take Jacob out? His constant running is going to drive me insane!” My mother laughed slightly as she cooked away.

“Okay Mom, We’ll be back in a few hours.” I stated as I grabbed my shoes and after slipping them on, I grabbed hold of Jacob’s hand, quickly walking out of the front door. “Jacob, You’re gonna end up driving Mommy crazy with your hyper moods.” I giggled softly at the two year old who was clinging onto my hand.

“I don’t mean to be Ruby! But daddy gave me sugar!” He exclaimed loudly and I simply laughed along with the hyper toddler.

“Bud, you wanna go to the park?” I asked the bouncing boy and he nodded his head vigorously. “Come on then.” I chuckled and led the little boy down the street. Once we eventually got to the park, Jacob ran off instantly to the climbing frame.

"Be careful! Don't go on the big things, Jacob!" I shouted towards the fast moving two year old and he simply nodded as he played with the sand on the ground. I stood and watched him for a few moments before finding a bench nearby. I watch him as he played in the golden sand, making sandcastles with the equipment that must have been left there by another child. I felt someone sit down beside me, but didn’t pay no mind thinking it would be another adult with a child.

“It’s a nice place here.” A familiar voice said randomly, making me almost jump out of my skin.

“Alex! You scared the shit outta me!” I exclaimed with a soft laugh as I clung onto my chest.

“I’m sorry darlin’ I didn’t mean to startle you.” He chuckled lightly as he wrapped an arm around my shoulder, bringing me into a side hug.

“It’s alright Lex.” I whispered as I diverted my eyes back to my little brother.

“You know that little boy?” He asked curiously and I nodded my head as I leaned back on the wooden frame.

“Yeah, that’s my little brother, Jacob.” I stated softly as I watched him play with any equipment that he could.

“He’s a cute kid.” He stated with a soft chuckle as he too watched him. I got up from my seat and Alex followed shortly behind me. I ran over to Jacob who was now shouting for me to watch him on the slide.

“Alex, could you watch him from the bottom for me? I don’t want him getting hurt.” I worried and Alex nodded, a bright smile plastered on his face as he saw me place the toddler on the top of the slide. “Be careful Jacob.. And go towards Alex when you get down there.” I worried aloud and the toddler muttered an ‘okay’ before I gave him a light push to send him down the slide. He grinned all the way down, instantly flying into Alex’s arms when he’d finished. He’d never warmed upto a male that quickly other than his dad, obviously. I stood at the top of the slide, stood in shock at the sight before me.

“You.. Okay?” Alex asked nervously as he held Jacob.

“Yeah.. He just usually hates men.. For some reason he hates everyone of them.. Apart from you.” I said, a soft smile tugging at the corners of my mouth.

“I must just be special.” He bragged with a soft chuckle and I rolled my eyes before laughing myself.

“Course you are, Lex.” I giggled before putting my arms out to grab Jacob.

“Nooooo Rewby! I wanna stay with Alex!” He exclaimed with a giggle and Alex just laughed.

“Ruby got rejected!” Alex exclaimed as he ruffled Jacob’s hair.

“Can Alex come back to our house?” Jacob asked curiously and I shrugged nonchalantly.

“That’s upto Alex bud.” I stated as I kissed Jacob’s cheek.

“Maybe I would come.. If I got a kiss on the cheek too.” Alex smirked and I rolled my eyes softly before also kissing his cheek too. “Okay.. I’ll come.” He grinned, a slight blush on his cheeks.

“Okay.” I smiled slightly and pointed in the direction we would be walking. “That way, biatch!” I exclaimed but then covered my mouth as I realised we were in the presence of a little child. “Do not repeat that at home.” I warned Jacob and he nodded his head with a soft smile etched onto his face.

“He’s a kid, he won’t listen to you.” Alex laughed and I rolled my eyes softly.

“Not every kid was like you was, Alex.” I giggled. “Jacob already knows right and wrong, he’s very smart for his age.” I smiled as we made our way down the road to our house.

“Wow.. He’s is a very smart kid then. I was saying every curse word by the age of seven” Alex said with a soft chuckle as he walked with the toddler, bouncing him lightly on his hip as he walked. “A very smart kid.. Who I think’s fallen asleep on me.” He chuckled softly and I looked at Jacob, who had indeed fallen asleep.

“I’m sorry, I’ll take him off your hands if you like.” I laughed as we came upto our house.

“No, he’s fine. I’ll take him inside for you.” He chuckled. “If it’s okay for me to come inside anyways.” He said, a small blush on his face.

“Course it is.” I shrugged and lead him towards the front door where I opened it up to let him inside. “Mom! I’m home!” I exclaimed throughout the house and she instantly shouted back.

“Hey honey! Enjoy your time at the park?” She shouted from the kitchen and I shrugged as I looked over at Alex who was placing Jacob on the sofa.

“It’s been okay, Found someone in the park I didn’t expect too.” I laughed as my mother came into the living room to see Alex placing a blanket over the little boys body.

“Wait.. Jacob actually let someone other than me, your father and you hold him?” She asked in shock and I nodded my head, just as surprised as she was. “He’s a keeper.” she exclaimed rather loudly with a wink and I rolled my eyes softly as Alex laughed along with my mother.

“We’re just friends, Mom.” I said in annoyance and she chuckled.

“I heard that about your last boyfriend aswell, Ruby.” She chuckled. “And look what happened there.” She said and I groaned in annoyance.

“Mom, you know I hate you bringing him up.” I stated and she bowed down in defeat.

“Well, It was nice meeting you..” She trailed off, remembering she’d not learnt his name.

“I’m Alex Mrs Matthews, and it was nice meeting you too.” He smiled and my mother grinned back.

“Please, you make me feel old,” She laughed. “Call me Sarah.” She smiled and he smiled back.

“Okay.. Sarah.” He chuckled and my mother turned towards me.

“Why don’t you kids go upstairs or something and I’ll make you some dinner.” My mother smiled and I rolled my eyes as I nodded towards the stairs.

“Come on then boy.” I laughed as I walked around the sofa and picked Jacob back up. “I’ll take him upstairs too.” I smiled before I led Alex up the stairs. I walked into my room and placed Jacob on the bed. I placed the covers gently over him and tucked him in before kissing him on the forehead.

“You’re really good with him.” Alex stated with a soft smile. “How come you put him in your room?” He asked curiously and I sighed as I though of how to explain.

“He has nightmares a lot. And he’d be really freaked out if he woke up in his room without me. He usually sleeps in my bed with me if anything like that happens.” I explained casually and he sighed softly before sitting on the floor, still looking at the small child.

“It’s really nice.. Looking after your brother like that..” Alex stated, his voice going a little raspy at the end, I’d never seen Alex upset but I had a feeling I was going to today.

“Alex?.. Are you okay?” I asked curiously and he simply shrugged his shoulders.

“I never had that.. My brother was always his own person.. I never got advice from him.. And by the end.. We constantly fighted.” He stated sadly as he looked up at me, his eyes seeming cold and broken. I sat down beside him and covered his hand with my own.

“I’m always here for you, Lex..” I stated, my voice quiet.

“My brother died not too long ago.. He was called Tom..” He said, his tone of voice showing me he was secretly hurting inside. “No one understands.. The pain I’m going through is excruciating. Losing a brother is like losing half of your heart, I’m never going to get that feeling back of having him here again.. And I can’t talk to anyone about it.. You’re the only person I’ve told apart from Jack.” He said, running his free hand over his face as his other was still underneath mine.

“I understand, Lex.. I know this is hard for you.. And I’m always here if you need me..” I stated with a soft smile. He smiled back, tears in his eyes as he pulled me into a hug.

“Thank you for listening, Ruby..” He said into my hair as he hugged me.

“No problem babe.” I smiled as I pulled away from him. “Now, dry those tears. I’m sure Tom wouldn’t want to see you like this.” I said with a soft smile as I wiped away some of the falling tears.

“I know, I’m a big baby when it comes to my brother.. I’ve cried countless times.. But never in front of a girl.” He chuckled as he rubbed his eyes. Jacob started to stir, and I soon saw his blue eyes flutter open.

“You okay, bud?” I asked the little boy softly and he nodded as he sat up in the bed. I climbed up from my place and sat beside him instantly.

“I didn’t have no nightmares Rewby. I told you, you chased them away!” He exclaimed happily and I chuckled as I kissed his forehead softly.

“You’re gonna be a great mother one day.” Alex smiled as he watched me and my little brother interacting. I smiled softly over at Alex who was now inspecting my room.

“Thanks..” I said as I ruffled Jacobs hair.

“These drawings are amazing..” He stated as he looked on my desk. My eyes widened dramatically as I rushed over to him.

“N-no ones.. Ever seen those.” I stuttered nervously as I saw him flicking through some of the drawings. Some of them also of him and Jack.

“Now what is this?” He asked with a slight smirk as he saw a portrait drawing of him on his own.

“I draw all my friends.” I stated with a smile as I grabbed some others from a draw in my desk. “You’ve seen them now, you may aswell see the rest.” I laughed as he looked through them all.

“You’re amazing at drawing, Ruby.” He stated as he continued searching.

“Thanks.” I stated with a happy smile as I made my way back over to Jacob. I didn’t think I could make a friend as quick as I had Alex.. But it seemed I had. And after today, I think all we could do was get closer.
♠ ♠ ♠
Come on, someone comment please?
Thank you the people that already have!