Status: COMMENTS AND I'LL UPDATE!

Merry Christmas, Kiss My Ass

Is this years winter blues.

I walked silently through the school halls, desperately trying to blend in with the vast amounts of people. Today was not one of my proudest moments. I looked awful, mostly because Jacob was up all night with nightmares. I hated that he was still having this dream about his biological father. Truth was, our Dad wasn’t really his dad, but I wasn’t going to tell him that anytime soon. Hopefully I’d never have to tell him period. I placed my books in my locker and screamed slightly as I shut the locker door to see Jack standing right beside it.

“May I help you Mr Barakat?” I sighed softly and he hissed ever so slightly, taking in my appearance.

“You look rough.” He stated and I rolled my eyes softly.

“Thanks Jack, just what I needed to hear today.” I sighed before I started walking down the hall. I hadn’t seen Alex since he was at my house five days ago, and I didn’t intend on talking to him today. I was going to get myself far away from trouble, and if that meant not talking to Alex then so be it. I really just needed to look out for my little brother at this moment in time. I walked outside and saw a cosy looking area underneath a tree. I sat down instantly and placed my back against the wood. I grabbed my packed lunch out of my bag and instantly started eating the sandwich my mother made me. I knew it was a little childish bringing a lunch with me, but I didn’t want to risk running into anyone.

“Hey..” I heard someone say from in front of me and I sighed as I realised it was the girl Lisa.

“Hello.” I said with a soft smile as she sat down beside me.

“Do you mind me just talking to you for a minute?” She asked, a fake preppy smile plastered on her face.

“Sure, why not.” I said with a soft smile as she thought about what to say.

“I don’t mean to sound nasty here, but back off Alex.” She said, her smile instantly fading and her eyes going dark slightly.

“What?” I asked, pure confusion seeping from me. I honestly had no idea what I’d done.

“If you hadn’t noticed, me and Alex are kind of a thing, I’m just telling you politely to back off.” She said, her fake smile instantly coming back.

“I don’t even like Alex. He was a friend and that was it. I don’t need people like that in my life, I have enough trouble at home. Now, If you don’t mind I’m trying to fucking eat and your face is putting me off.” I said, an ever so smug smile and her eyes widened in shock at my response. She climbed up from her place and I snickered softly to myself as I finished my sandwich.

;;;

I sighed as I heard the bell ring, instantly telling me it was the end of dinner. I quickly made my way to my art class but soon got a surprise as I walked in.

“What the fuck happened at dinner with Lisa?” Alex exclaimed as I entered my art class.

“Nothing, she told me to back away from you and I politely told her that I didn’t like you and that I didn't want your trouble, and that I had more to deal with at home.” I stated in annoyance as I took my seat next to Jack.

“Ignore him, he’s just pissy because Lisa came back and took most of it out on him.” He said and I shrugged.

“I honestly don’t care. With what I’ve got going on at the minute I really couldn’t care less if he hated me or not.” I said, a soft sigh falling from my lips.

“I’m always here for you honey.” Jack said as he pulled me into a tight hug. I wrapped my arms around him too, needing the feeling of someone being there for me at this moment in time. “And if you need any help at home, I’m here for that aswell.” He said, the smile still evident on his face.

“Thank you Jack.” I grinned and continued with my art work.

;;;

I entered my home to see my mother trying desperately to feed Jacob.

“I don’t want food Mommy! When is Rewby gonna be home?!” He exclaimed loudly and I sighed as I walked into the kitchen.

“I’m home bud, now let Mommy feed you.” I said and he instantly took the spoon of food into his mouth.

“Amazing..” My mother said and I just chuckled in response.

“You know he does everything I say Mom.” I laughed and she just sighed.

“I wish he did as I said for once.” She chuckled. “So, how was school.” She said and I just groaned in return as I flopped my face into my hands.

“Not good.. This girl said I was trying to get Alex and I had a go at her for it.. So I pissed Alex off in return. I just can’t be dealing with drama in this school so I thought getting rid of Alex might help.. Turns out it didn’t and I just wanna be friends again.” I sighed and she wrapped an arm around me, bringing me into a hug.

“Honey, you missed so much time in the last school. Just enjoy it! Be friends with whoever you want and do what makes you happy.” She said with a soft smile, I cuddled into her embrace and she smiled happily. “Baby, as long as your happy, I’m happy.” She added and that was enough to set off the tears.

“Thank you, Mom.” I smiled, two people had moved me today with their words. My mother was right, This was a new life for me, and I needed to live it.