Status: COMMENTS AND I'LL UPDATE!

Merry Christmas, Kiss My Ass

I treated you so nicely,

The next few days at school were definitely awkward to say the least. Myself and Alex were not on talking terms just yet, and he’d gotten with the girl Lisa so it seemed. Now it would be even harder to get him back as a friend. I sighed from my place beside Jack in the cafeteria. I laid my head softly on his shoulder, and he placed his on top of mine. Alex was staring at us from across the table, but I really didn’t care.

“You okay pumpkin‘?” Jack asked curiously and I shrugged as I looked up into his brown eyes.

“I don’t know Jack, I’m too confused.” I said, my head was everywhere at the minute. Ever since moving into the new house, Jacob’s been clung to me like a child clung to a teddy bear. I was feeling suffocated and I honestly didn’t know what to do.

“Well, I’m always here to talk.” Jack smiled happily and I just faked a happy smile in return to thank him. Truth was, I didn’t think I’d be able to hold my secret in forever. I could try, but this boy was basically my best friend now.

“I think I’m gonna go home, I don’t feel too good.” I said to Jack and he just nodded softly.

“You want me to go with you to the office.” He asked and I shook my head softly.

“I’ll be okay babe.” I said and hugged him goodbye. I walked away from the group and I instantly heard whispers. It was just like being in my old school. I rushed towards the office and told them I felt ill and they instantly just let me go home. I walked out of the building as quickly as I could.

“Ruby!” I heard someone shout and I turned around to see none other than Alex Gaskarth standing behind me.

"What do you want, Gaskarth?" I asked, annoyance seeping through my words. I may have wanted him as a friend again, but, By this point I just wanted to go home.

"I wanted to ask if you were okay.." he said, tucking his hands into his pockets as he looked at the ground.

"I'm fine, Alex. Now please, I just want to go home.." I stated and turned to walk away.

"But- I can give you a ride if you like.." He said and I turned back around to look at him, his brown eyes still planted to the floor.

"So, you've been ignoring me for the past few days and now you're offering to give me a ride home?" I asked, pure confusion etching my expressions.

"I'm sorry.. I was in the wrong and I admit that, Lisa was screaming and got me mad.. so I took it out on you and I know that's wrong but.. I couldn‘t help it." He stated and I rolled my eyes softly. I leaned against the railings on the stairs and looked at him, his eyes suddenly looking up into mine.

“So, you had a go at me because your girlfriend was being pissy?” I scoffed. “Nice excuse, Alex.” I said with a soft sigh and went to walk off again.

“Please, just let me give you a ride home.” He stated and I sighed as I thought about it. It was only a ride home after all.

“Fine.” I said quietly and he smiled as he walked in front of me to lead me to the car. Once we got to the car I instantly got inside and buckled up. I waited for Alex to do the same, and soon enough we were speeding off. “Won’t your bitch be like.. Super pissed that your with me.” I mentioned and he just chuckled as he kept his eyes on the road.

“She isn’t even my girlfriend, she just likes to act like it.” He said with a soft chuckle and I rolled my eyes softly. I tapped my fingers on the dashboard absentmindedly as he drove. I could see him looking at me from the corner of his eye, but I didn’t pay much attention as I played with anything I could to take my mind off things. Once we arrived at my house Alex coughed slightly.

“Would I be able to come inside.. To see Jacob” He asked curiously and I just sighed as I un-buckled my seatbelt.

“Shouldn’t you be getting back to school Alex?” I asked curiously and he shrugged softly with a smile.

“When I saw you leaving I asked Jack where you were going.. I told them I’d been sick so they sent me home too. I couldn’t let you walk home alone.” He chuckled and I just smiled softly. As awful as we’d been to each other over the last few days, it was a pretty sweet thing for him to do.

“Sure, I’m not gonna leave you with no where to go when your meant to be in school. Plus, I’m sure Jacob would love to see you.” I said and he smiled brightly as he practically jumped out of the car. I followed shortly behind him and quickly ran up the pathway to open the door for him.

“Alex!” Jacob shouted from his place in front of the TV. The little boy stood up and quickly made his way into Alex’s open arms.

“Hey bud, you missed me?” Alex asked the two year old and Jacob nodded his head vigorously.

“I sure did, Alex! I got real upset when Rewby said you weren’t friends no more.” Jacob pouted. I leaned against the door frame as I listened to the two converse back and forth.

“Well, hopefully I’ll get to change that again bud, If your big sister lets me.” Alex said hopefully as he turned to look at me in the doorway.

“Maybe, if Alex gets into my good books. Then will I forgive him.” I smiled softly. Just then my mother came down the stairs.

“I’ll do my best.” He said with a soft smile before turning his attention to my mother. “Hey Sarah, nice to see you again.” Alex smiled softly and I stifled a giggle. I mouthed the words ‘butt kiss’ to him and he glared daggers at me.

"You too Alex." My mother smiled before sitting down on the sofa and I giggled slightly.

“It takes two to tango, Miss! This friendship means both of us being nice to each other!” He said in a joking manner, laughing slightly as he spoke.

“I tango on my own thank you very much, Mr Gaskarth.” I smirked and he just looked at me, a speechless look on his face. “I win.” I stated happily as I walked over to Jacob. “Come on buddy, I’ll feed you today, not Mommy.” I said as I picked him up and took him into the kitchen to get together his dinner. I placed Jacob in his high chair and fixed him some food. Alex followed into the kitchen a few moments later and jumped onto the counter, watching me as I fed the hungry two year old.

“You’re really good with him..” Alex said with a soft smile and I simply smiled back.

“You’ve said this every time you’ve come round.” I laughed and he simply shrugged as he grabbed an apple from the fruit bowl, instantly taking out a huge chunk. Once Jacob had his food laid out in front of him, I took a seat at the dining table and instantly started tapping away with my fingernails, staring absentmindedly around me as I did so.

“You do that a lot, don’t you.” Alex stated and I turned my head to show he had my attention.

“Do what?” I asked curiously and he pointed to my fingers.

“Tapping your nails. You’ve done it twice in one day.” He pointed out and I raised an eyebrow as I pulled a grape from the fruit bowl and tossed it into my mouth.

“You sir, shouldn’t be listening if you don’t like it.” I smirked slightly as I continued the repetitive noise that I was making on the table top.

“Rewby, Stop annoying Alex.” Jacob said as he pointed his tiny plastic spoon in my direction. Well, that was enough to get Alex on the floor, curled into a ball and laughing his little arse off.

“Have I ever said, I bloody love that kid!” Alex exclaimed from his place on the floor where he’d fell to from laughing so hard. After his fit of giggles had stopped, I bent down so I was at the same level.

“You done now?” I asked, a slight giggle escaped my mouth. He nodded from his position and sat up, leaning his back against a cupboard.
♠ ♠ ♠
I had to split this chapter into two parts because I thought it was getting too long. Ahah. But anyways the other chapter shall be up shortly. :)