Sequel: I Wish
Status: Currently Writing!

The Mess I Made

Clock Runs Out

Friends come and go. The person who says that they're your best friend today may not be tomorrow. A lot can go down in one day or even just a few minutes that could change your outlook on them forever. It can either bring you a hell of a lot closer or tear you apart.

You would think that after your best friend tells you that they like you as more than a friend everything would just be awkward. It doesn't really matter if you feel the same way or not because you know that deep down that everything is going to change. It could ruin a friendship or be the start of something new. In my situation I thought that it would just be one big disaster. I wasn't sure if we would ever be able to move on. You wouldn't believe how easy it ended being. I think we actually ended up a lot closer than we were.

It's just kind of weird how somethings just work themsevles out while others take a long time to fix. Sometimes you need to revisit the same problem over and over again just so you'll be able to get it right. Other problems can take just one try to just fix everything. I guess you'll just never know until you face a certain situation but it also depends on who the person is as well.

I guess you could say Cameron's a lot more easy going than Zach. That's kind of understatement really. Zach's a perfectionist while Cameron goes with the flow. It's not that Cameron doesn't care it's just that he's happy to just be alive. You can tell just by talking to him for a few minutes. He's one of the sweetest guys I have ever known and he's one of those people who just never changes. He's humble and caring. It's the way he's always been. Cameron's a great guy. It's obvious really but that doesn't mean that Zach isn't just as great. They're both just so different. Zach may be a perfectionist but he's determined. He'll spend hours or even days working on the same song just to get it the way he wants it. Like Cameron, he is also very caring. Just watch him talk to his fans and you'll know exactly what I mean. They really do come first for him.

Two very different boys with almost the exact situation but two very different outcomes. Cameron and I were joking about what went down. I apologized and he was just understanding. He didn't once raise his voice to me or argue with me. Zach on the other hand is completely different. I've apologized a number of times and he just wont take it. We fight whenever we are near eachother and somehow everything always ends up getting much worse. Sometimes I wonder why I even love Zach but then I remember. We're just right for each other. There's no getting past that.

-x-

The boys were up on stage practicing for the concert that they had that night while Ariana and I pretended that we were fans in the crowd shouting anything for the 'I love you's' or random innapropriate things that I would rather not admit to. I even caught Zach smiling a couple of times but every time that he saw me looking over he would quickly turn it into a scowl. What a stubborn ass.

Katherine was sitting on the bar stool picking her nails, "How long is this going to take?" She threw her head up and snapped her gum.

I took a break from my crowd imitations and took a seat next to her, "You know the least that you could do is be supportive. Music means a lot to each of them. I thought you would know that considering that you are Zach's girlfriend."

She glowered and continued picking at her nails, "'Cause you were so supportive over the years? I've been to every concert of theirs for over a year and you barely showed up a month ago. Don't even start with me."

I folded my arms, "Too late for that. You started this a long ass time ago Katherine. By the way thanks for leaving me in the bathroom passed out at that party."

"It's not my fault that you're such a mess."

"And it's not my fault that you're such a bitch. At least you can clean up messes." I hopped off the stool and went back to Ariana who was now sitting on the ground by the stage. I sat down beside her and just watched the boys. I was surprised that no one had argued once. They just played.

For half of a song Ariana and I just sat there listening to the music. She turned to me and said, "You know I'm not mad at you right?"

"Really?"

"I was at first. Don't get me wrong. You've screwed me over so many times." I grimaced and shrunk a little, "I know now that you were just lost. It took me up until yesterday to realize it. I know you had no idea that Cameron felt that way about you but I did. It was easy to tell. He looks at you the same way that you and Zach both look at eachother. I was pretty jealous." She looked away from me and looked at Cameron. She waved at him and he waved back which made him mess up on a chord or two. "I'm not anymore because I know that nothing would've happened between the two of you especially since you know how I feel about him now."

"I'm glad, not because you were jealous but because you're not mad at me anymore. I missed being friends. We did a lot of stupid shit together."

"You mean the time we went to Walmart and hid in the little kids clothing section and shouted 'pick me pick me'? We nearly got kicked out for scaring two little kids who went crying to their mom."

"Yes, like that." I laughed at the memory, "And Ariana, you're never going to have to worry about me and Cam because I know that there is something between the two of you. He may not realize it just yet but it's there. You may have to push it out of him because he's too blind to see what's right in front of him but it'll be worth it."

"Thanks." She grinned and went back to watching Cameron...er I mean the boys.

-x-

It was only a few minutes until the fans would come srambling in. Ariana stayed backstage with the boys helping them get ready for the show while I waited on the empty bar stool a few feet away from Katherine who was too busy fixing her makeup to pay the slightest bit of attention to me.

I recently changed out of my sweats and into a pair of black shorts with a bow on the waist, white blouse, and black lacy tights. My hair was down and straight and I played up my makeup with a smokey eye.

Katherine looked up from her small mirror and looked over at me. She eyed my outfit, hair, and makeup. "Who the fuck are you trying to impress? You don't even have any business being here."

I smirked, "I'm here to impress your boyfriend."

She waved her finger at me, "Don't go back to your old ways. Zach's told me all about that guy you went after that had a girlfriend."

"Oh shut up. You've done much worse."

She shot me a smug look, "Yeah right. Name one." I started to say something but she cut me off, "Besides when I left you in the bathroom that night."

"Where should I begin?" I took out a piece of paper out of my pocket so I could to watch it topple it over as if the list was never ending but obviously the paper wasn't even written on, "You sent nude pictures around the whole school of your old best friend Gabby."

"I had a reason for that."

"I don't care." I continued, "You also stole more boyfriends than I ever have which was only one by the way and it wasn't even stealing because he was going to break up with her."

"Whatever helps you sleep at night." She rolled her eyes and tossed her short hair over her shoulder, "Is that all you got?"

"No, but I think our time has run out and I'm just tired of looking at you." I shrugged and jumped off the stool. Dozens of excited girls came bursting through the door trying to get to the front row. I could hear a few squeals and gasping when other girls cut in front of them. I stood off to the side and watched the whole thing go down. I shook my head and bit my lip to keep from laughing. This was exactly what Ariana and I looked like earlier.

After all of the girls and a couple boys claimed their spots by the stage. The concert began with their opening act, Action Item. I hadn't had a chance to meet any of the boys but they had the crowd going that's for sure. They were singing along and shouting out their names to try to capture their attention. They had a fairly small setlist but most opening acts do so they were off the stage in a only forty minutes.

There was a small break and I could see red hair peaking out from behind the door to the stage. After about ten minutes Ariana took the stage.

"Hi guys! I'm Ariana White. I know you're probably waiting for me to just get off the stage so you can enjoy the headlining act, Allstar Weekend." The crowd cheered and she grinned, "So I'll make this short and sweet. I've known the boys since they've been playing in the garage and let me tell you it wasn't very pretty." The crowd laughed, "They've come a long way in a short amount of time and it's all thanks to you guys. Thank you for coming out and supporting them. So, without further further adieu here is ALLSTAR WEEKEND."

One by one the boys hit the stage. Each of them with a huge grin on their face. Cameron picked up his bass while Michael grabbed his drumsticks from the side of the stage. He twiddled them in his fingers and took a seat behind the drums. Zach stood behind the microphone and smiled at the crowd.

The first few chords of "Come Down With Love" began playing and the crowd went wild. The girls who were in the front were pushed up against the stage while everyone behind them was trying to get just an inch closer to the boys. It was just crazy. I was glad I was not up there, I'll tell you that much.

They played at least 12 songs before they came to their last and final song. Their order was a lot different than it was at soundcheck. You could see a couple of confused faces through out the crowd but they didn't think much of it. I wouldn't have either if Zach didn't say anything about it.

He was breathing heavily and took a sip of his water bottle down by his feet, "I changed up the set list a bit tonight for a reason. I wanted to leave "Clock Runs Out" last because the inspiration for this song is standing right in the audience." He searched around the room until his eyes landed on mine. He glared and then looked right back at the car, "I'm sure a lot of you know that this isn't the most happy song in the world. You see, I wrote this song about three years ago after a girl screwed everything up. She was just a ticking time bomb and I should've known better. She told me that she would always be there for me and now she thinks that everything is just going to go right back to the way it was? Well, she has another thing coming. She may have fooled me once but I'm no fool."

He looked over at me again and shook his head, "You may say that you've cleaned up your act but I know the truth. You haven't changed."

The chords of "Clock Runs Out" began playing and Zach began belting out the lyrics.

"You sure seem sorry to me now. You look good from the outside but I know you're not cool. You played me, made me believe that. You'll be there when I need you but I know that's not true. You fooled me but I'm no fool."

Each lyric hit me like a ton of brinks. I could feel the tears start to fall. Not once did Zach look away from me and a couple of times I saw fans turn around and search for the girl who inspired this song. I turned my head each time someone looked back so they wouldn't see me crying. I looked away from Zach and stared at the ground when I looked back up my eyes landed on Cameron.

His smile that was plastered on his face throughout the whole show had disapeared. His face only showed sorrow. "I'm sorry." He mouthed from the stage.

Half of the song was over and I just couldn't take it anymore. I needed a drink now more than ever. I could feel my hands start to shake and my heart racing. I turned away from the stage and practically ran to the bar.

I took a seat on the bar stoof for what seemed like the millionth time that day, "Give me your strongest liquor you have."

The bartender turned around. My eyes grew wide and my mouth drop. Standing in front of me was a boy who was only a few years older than I was. He had long blond hair that swooped over to the side and blue eyes.

He smirked when he saw me, "Well well well. I had a feeling you'd be back to drinking sooner or later Skye. I just didn't know it would be to serve you."

"Oh god Steven."
♠ ♠ ♠
FINALLY ADDED THIS PART IN! I'VE BEEN WAITING TO!
gdgjdfklgjk over all I'm not too sure how I feel about this chapter...meh whatever. I always feel indifferent anyway. Nothing's going to change that.
I hope you guys liked it and finally Steven has been introduced. HEHHEHEHEHEHEHE.
....
heh
AND THANKS YOU GUYS FOR READING THIS<3 It makes me so happy that people find this interesting enough to read! SO THANKS AGAIN :D