The Change

I Must Be Dreaming

-Brian's POV-

I watched Jen closely as she stared at the man standing beside me. I could hardly believe that this was happening myself. The man that was helping me look for her father had sent me a text message telling me to get to the airport as soon as I could so I lied to Jen and left.

I was still planning to go to my Dad's but I needed to do this for her first.

When I got the hospital I wasn't even sure who I was looking for until my phone rang. I was told to go to a certain gate and the entire time I was talking to him I knew I recognized his voice but couldn't quite place it.

On the way to Jen's he filled me in on everything. Apparently he didn't even know about her until she was about two. Her birth mother had never told him she even existed. He only found out when he stopped by her house and saw a picture hanging on the refrigerator entitled 'My little Jenna.' He started questioning her and she eventually told him. Her reason for giving Jen up was stupid. She said that Jen reminded her too much of him so she gave her away right after seeing her and naming her.

Fucking bitch.

Jen had a picture of herself as baby in a woman's arms. The woman was her birth mother and it was the only picture she had of this woman. Johnny had the same picture. It was the one hanging on the refrigerator the day he stopped by her house. I knew there was more to the story and that he'd tell Jen about it. I was just happy he wanted to be in her life.

I wrapped an arm around her to steady her since she looked like she was going to fall over at any second. "It's okay baby."

She looked at me before looking at him. He just smiled at her. I could tell it was a bit awkward for both of them so I helped Jen into the kitchen where she sat down at the table. Johnny sat across from her and they slowly but surely started talking.

I kissed her forehead and decided to give them some time so I went in the living room where Tyler and Hannah were playing with their toys.

------


-Jen's POV-

I was thankful for Brian helping me into the kitchen. I'm sure my knees would have gave out on me if I hadn't sat down. Looking across the table I was having a hard time processing everything. I didn't know much about my real family only that my mother's name was Adrienne and that she named me before giving me away. Other than that I was clueless.

Our conversation started out slowly but before long he began to tell me everything I had wondered about. Why I was given up, who my family was, where my name came from and everything in between. When he was dating my mother he was still a teenager. They became serious pretty quickly but one day they just broke up. They had talked about having a future together and he even told her he wanted to have kids someday.

He liked the name Jenna. He told me about the picture hanging on the refrigerator and when he showed it to me I felt tears form in my eyes. It was the same picture I had up in my room. The only difference is that my mother's head was cut out of his.

He had been looking for me since I was still in diapers but really didn't have much to go on. He didn't know what hospital I was born in or even when my birthday was. The only thing he had to go by was my first name and a old picture.

"That Brian really loves you ya know?"

I nodded with a smile. "He's my everything."

"I still do not know how he made this happen but I know it's been the happiest day of my life. I have my little girl now."

I smiled softly as he reached across the table and took my head in his. He told me he would have a DNA test done just for extra proof in case there were any doubts. It wasn't that I had any but I needed to know for sure and I thought he should too. I'd hate for him to come all this way only to find out I'm not the child he's been looking for.

"Would you like some help with the food?" Johnny asked noticing I had been making food when he showed up.

I smiled. "I'd like that."

He helped me cook and I found out we had a lot in common. He continued to answer questions for me including one that I had always wanted to ask.

"Would you have kept me?"

He smiled at me. "Absolutely."

"Really?"

He nodded. "If I had any idea that Adrienne... let's just say I would've happily raised you myself."

That made me smile. His presence alone was making me smile. He wasn't just Johnny Depp to me. I already felt a connection with him. One that felt knew to me and I liked it.

"Would you like to stay for dinner?"

"I would love to."

------


Before I knew it the day was over and it was dark outside. Johnny was staying at a hotel which Brian had offered to drive him to. I really didn't want him to leave. I wanted to continue talking to him and learning more about him and my family. He said we had all the time in the world for that and that he'd be back in the morning.

He gave him his personal cell phone number and told me to call him whenever I wanted. I agreed and gave him my number as well.

I still didn't know what I should call him. Should I call him Johnny or.. Dad? Would he be okay with me calling him that? Would I be okay calling him that?

Hannah and Tyler laughed at all the crazy faces he'd make for them. They really seemed to like him as did I. I really hoped the DNA test would prove that he was my father. I didn't care about his money or his fame I only care about him as a person. As my.. father.

Brian came back a little while later and I was completely exhausted. We settled down on the couch and before I knew it I could feel my eyes getting heavy. I really wanted to thank Brian for what he had done for me but I was just too tired. We had been having a lot of sex and we weren't always careful. I trusted him and would take responsibility if anything were to happen. Unlike my mother though I wouldn't give up my baby for anything. Even if Brian and I were to split up I would keep my baby regardless of much he or she reminded me of Brian. That baby would be part of me and I would love it more than anything in this world.

We had never talked about our future. I knew he loved me and that I loved him. I wanted to make him the happiest man in the world. Even though I was young I knew Brian was the man I wanted to spend my life with. The man I wanted to have children with. He came into my life at a time when I felt like I was nothing. He saved me from the dark hole I was in and showed me how to love. He had been there for me from the moment I moved in and had never left my side.

I wanted to do something to thank him for that. To show him how grateful I was to have him in my life. I wasn't sure what I was going to do yet but I knew that with Brian by my side that I could get through anything and I would get through all of this bullshit that was being tossed my way. I had found my soulmate and I was never going to let him go.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is all I am going to say. If you do not like Jen, my original o/c's, or any other character in my stories then don't read them. Negative comments only make writer's not want to write and I will NEVER change something in Jen's background just to make someone else happy. She's my character, these are my stories, and I will do whatever I want with them.

To everyone else.. thanks for your support while I took this short break that only seemed to last a couple of days.. It wasn't something I wanted to do at all but I felt like it was something I had to do. Hopefully it'll never happen again. My head is now clear and I can concentrate on this story again.

Also.. I am putting this here for you all to actually look at and read cause I am sure no one has before and it's been on my profile for months. I'll never know why no one reads profiles.. there's useful information there lol

Jen's Background and Family

This will be in every chapter of every story from now on.

Comment and Subscribe..