The Change

The Devil Wears Prada

-Jen's POV-

I took several deep breaths as I stood outside the court house with my dad, Brian, and my extended Sevenfold family. They were all here to support me on a day I had been waiting for for weeks. The day I would find out who would get Sole Custody of Hannah and Tyler.

My Grandpa had been against this entire trial. When called up to the stand he had been more than honest about his feelings saying it was pointless to put us all through this. That we should respect my parents wishes and just let Hannah and Tyler be with me like they wanted.

There was no jury seeing as how we didn't need one. All decisions would be made by the judge who was currently deciding the verdict in her office. Grandma fought against me with all that she had and I knew if the Judge ruled in her favor she'd never let me hear the end of it.

We were told to come back inside and that Judge Cooper had reached her decision.

As I sat back down in my seat I glanced over at my Grandma who had a smug look on her face as she talked to her attorney. She was dressed in a black Prada suit that I didn't even know she owned.

"All rise."

We got to our feet and watched as Judge Cooper made her way into the court room and sat at the bench. She began to speak as everyone sat back down.

"This has been one of the most interesting cases I have ever taken. There are always two sides to every story but in this case the only story I care about is the one I have heard from the children. I have spoke to both of them and as you all know no matter the situation children will not lie. If they are unhappy they tell you and they have. As a mother myself I only want my children to be happy and in a healthy enviroment. I do believe this trial was unnecessary and that it could have easily been settled out of court. Miss Andrews should not be fighting for these children for one simple fact. She is pregnant."

I glanced over at my Grandma who looked at me with wide eyes. She opened her mouth to say something but Judge Cooper raised her hand in the air to silence her.

"Mrs. Gellar I have not given you permission to speak and I will not allow you to disrupt my court room. Now.. I have gone over this case and my decision will be final. These children deserve to be in a safe and loving home. I have read the will of Michael and Elizabeth Andrews. I have listened to the reasons that both Mrs. Gellar and Miss Andrews have provided to the court as to why they should be granted sole custody and I have heard from the children themselves. In this case I have even learned that it does not matter if you are bound by blood or not it is how you treat a child and love them. I grant sole custody of Hannah Noelle Andrews and Tyler Nicholas Andrews to Miss Jenna Andrews effective immediately."

"You cannot do that. Those are my grandchildren."

"Mrs. Gellar unless you want to spent the evening the county jail I suggest you sit in your seat and not say another word. You have disrupted my court room for the last time. You could actually learn a few things from Miss Andrews who has acted more mature during this trial than you." The judge said before turning to me. "Miss Andrews you are free to leave. The children will be brought to you as soon as the school day has let out."

I smiled. "Thank you your honor."

As soon as I stepped foot outside I squealed with delight and practically jumped into Brian's waiting arms. I once again had happy tears streaming down my face and could not wait to see the twins. I missed them so much.

It was still early in the day so my dad took us all out to celebrate. I wanted to wait for Tyler and Hannah but decided to plan a welcome home party for them instead so after we ate we stopped at the party supply store and bought everything we needed. Now we just had to decorate and wait for them to get out of school.

------


The guys were decorating the house while I went to change. It had been chilly this morning but as the day went on it really warmed up. I was now fifteen weeks into my pregnancy had a small bump that was just starting to show. The more I looked at my stomach the more excited I was.

"How's my baby mama?" Brian asked as he wrapped his arms around from me behind.

I leaned back into his chest and placed my hands over his which were resting on my stomach. "I couldn't be better."

He smiled and kissed my cheek before resting his chin on my shoulder. "Can I ask you something?"

"Of course."

Brian unwrapped his arms from my waist before taking my hand and gently pulling me over to my bed. We sat down beside each other before he began to talk.

"I know it's still really early on in your pregnancy and we have no idea what the sex of the baby is but.. do you remember when you told me what you wanted to name your child if you were to ever have one?"

I nodded. "Yes."

"Well.. would it be alright if I made a suggestion?"

I smiled and took his hand in mine. He seemed nervous as he spoke but I encouraged him to continue. "Of course."

"Well for a girl I'm totally cool with Ava Elizabeth but.. and don't get mad or anything but instead of Joshua Michael what do you think of Aiden Michael instead?"

I sat there and thought about it. Aiden Michael. I liked it, a lot. In fact I think I liked it better than Joshua.

"I think it's perfect."

He let out a sigh of relief with a chuckle. "Thank god."

I giggled. "Did you think I wouldn't like it?"

"I don't know. You really like it?"

I smiled as I leaned over and kissed him. "I love it."

The front door slammed and I could hear the sounds of squealing kids. Smiling I got up and headed downstairs with Brian right behind me. Tyler and Hannah screamed when they saw me and ran right towards me. I knelt down and hugged them both tightly, happy to have them home.

"We missed you." Hannah whispered in my ear.

"I miss you too."

I kissed their cheeks and watched Tyler as he set one his hands on my stomach. He smiled as did Hannah. I had already told them about the baby one day on the phone. They seemed pretty excited and couldn't wait to meet my little bundle of joy.
♠ ♠ ♠
Is Jen's baby a girl or a boy? What will happen now that Tyler and Hannah are back with Jen? More soon!

Jen's Background and Family

Comment and Subscribe..

Jen - Court
Jen - Home
Tyler & Hannah