Status: In Progress

Here We Go Again

Chapter 5-Could It Be?

It was Monday and my weekend with the girls was over. This Monday was different than most because there was news of a new kid coming to our school. He was in my grade and his name was Robbie. I heard rumors that he was going to be in my English class but I didn’t want to believe it yet.

As talk about the new boy circulated around school, I couldn’t help but wonder if this was the Robbie I once knew. The Robbie I was good friends with until he moved away, several years ago. I shook my head, telling myself this couldn’t happen, don’t jump to conclusions. He wanted nothing to do with this town because of my idiotic mistake. Why would he come back after all this time?

The day went on and the new boy seemed to be a huge topic on everyone’s mind. I heard from Maria that he was going to be coming in on Wednesday. I hope he’s good looking, cute, and someone I’d like to be friends with.

In math class, I found myself fantasizing about what would happen if this was the Robbie I knew. We’d meet yet again, he’d forgive me and it would be like nothing changed. I’d apologize for what I’d done and he could care less. We would catch up pretty quickly and I couldn’t be happier. I noticed my feelings for him increasing as I got to know the new version of him. He was even better than before!

My math teacher, an older woman that was a little mean and bitter, interrupted my thoughts by asking me the answer to a problem. Luckily for me, I had already done the problem in my notebook and provided her with the correct answer. Surprised, she told me that was correct and moved onto the next problem.

That day went by slowly, with the anticipation slowly building in everyone. What did the new boy look like? Where was he from? What was he like? Was he friendly? Would he fit in? All these questions went around in our heads as the rumors continued to flow. I had no idea what to believe anymore but I considered what everyone said. I’ve never know until Wednesday but I hoped the good things were true!

A few hours later, I got home from school. My mom asked “How was your day, honey?” and I replied with “It was good but slow. There’s a new kid coming to our school and his name is Robbie. Everyone keeps talking about him.”

“Robbie? Wasn’t that the name of your good friend when you were little? No, it couldn’t be him. It’s not possible.” My mom said, with a confused and curious look on her face.

I went to my bedroom, dropped my bag, and slumped onto my bed, imagining the possibilities. What if it was him? Would he forgive me? Does he even remember me?

Everyone was dying to have answers but we had to wait another few days. It was killing us but we would have answers soon. I hoped, in the bottom of my heart, that it was Robbie. Coming back to the town with a new outlook and forgiving everyone. He was drawing a new slate, forgetting everything that happened.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know this one's a lot longer & different than the others. I started this story last year, then my computer broke so I couldn't work on it and left it on hold. I just got back to it today and so many good ideas poured into my mind.