Status: In Progress

Here We Go Again

Chapter 6-Anticipation & Familiarity

It was Tuesday and everyone stopped talking about the new boy. Everyone went back to their normal routine, talking about their usual high school drama and such. Everyone’s minds seemed to be off of him but I knew they were still curious.

The day seemed to drag on worse than Monday, hours feeling like days and minutes seeming like hours. My classes were boring and not that exciting, which made my mind wander.

Thinking about my feelings for Robbie and how he feels about me. Thinking about what the new kid could be like and if I would want to be friends with him. Would he be like everyone had said? Were the rumors true? I could only hope that this was the Robbie I knew or someone I would get along with very well.

It took forever for the last period of the school day to come. I was feeling a little jittery as the period dragged on but somehow passing quicker than the previous ones. I couldn’t keep my eyes off the clock, wishing for this to end so I could get home and have time fly by. I was so excited and nervous for the arrival of the new kid. I couldn’t stand the wait anymore and my patience was slowly going away.
Finally, the bell rang and everyone rushed out of class, heading for their buses and stuff. I was relieved that this never ending school day was finally over. Only a short time until it was Wednesday and the anticipation was over.

♥ ♥ ♥

5 A.M. and my alarm clock went off, with an Honor Society song playing. I shut off the alarm and got up for the day.

I got ready as quick as I could, hoping that would make time fly by faster but it seemed that I was earlier than I wanted to be.

By the time I finished getting ready, it was only 6:10 A.M. and I leave for school around 6:40 A.M. since the day starts at 7:15 and I prefer to be there early to talk to my friends.

The anticipation was building in me as time went on and I was just dying to get to school. Of course, I didn’t want to be too early so I occupied myself by listening to music and playing a few games on my iPod Touch. Time seemed to move quicker than I thought and before I knew it, it was time to leave.

I made sure not to arrive too early so I wouldn’t have to wait a really long time for the day to start. Everyone started to talk, yet again, about the new kid. More rumors spread around the small school and I didn’t know what to believe. Everyone was making things up and some things were true but who knew what was? You know how rumors are spread and the truth is mixed up, distorted more and more as it is passed on. I ignored what I heard from my peers and headed to my first class.

I was going up the stairs of the English building when I bumped into a kid I didn’t recognize. I caused him to drop his books and some papers that seemed important.

“Sorry, my bad.” I told him as I helped him pick up his things.

“Thanks for the help. I’m new here. Do you happen to know where room 410 is?”

“Wait, are you Robbie? Everyone’s been talking about this new kid named Robbie that is supposed to come today. And yeah I do, that’s actually my first class.”

Something about him struck me as extremely familiar but I couldn’t put my finger on it. That face, that hair, that confused look on his face, all something I’d seen before. Had I met him before in my life? I couldn’t seem to trace back to that moment so I shrugged it off.
“Yeah, that’s me. I’m a transfer student from Boston. Thanks for the help, no one’s been talking to me. Just a bunch of people staring and talking. I hate being the new kid.” Robbie said in response

“I know how you feel, I’ve only moved once, when I was little but it can be so hard! It seems like you’re alone at first until that one person comes along.” I told him, knowing what he’s going through.

“Yeah, you’re that one person for me I guess. Ya know, something about you seems familiar. I just can’t put my finger on it. Do I know you from somewhere?” He replied with a confused and thoughtful look on his face.

“I was just thinking the same thing about you! I just don’t know where and what I would know you from. My name’s Karissa by the way, Karissa Martinez.”

“Even your name sounds familiar! Hmm, where have I heard that before?” He said, obviously deep in thought.

He couldn’t quite figure it out and neither could I. We had arrived at the classroom and I told him “This is it, it was nice to meet you & I’ll see you in class. If you need help finding your way around, just let me know & I would be happy to help!”

I had no idea what it was but something was strangely familiar about Robbie. This couldn’t be the Robbie I once knew, could it? I shook my head, knowing that is too far fetched from the truth.

I guess I’d figure it out sometime. What was it about him that I recognized?
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah, I just had to leave it on a cliffhanger! I'm pretty sure you're all dying to know what's coming up but you're just gonna have to wait! I'll try to post the next chapter by Wednesday but until then, I'll keep you guys anticipating it xD