Status: In Progress

Here We Go Again

Chapter 8-Nothing's Changed

As English went on, Robbie and I quickly caught up with each other. He told me his family moved down to New Jersey after the accident and that even though it was fun, New England was where his heart was. He missed his old friends and this town so much he begged his mom to make them move back.

I told him not much had changed for me. The only thing that really changed was how I was bullied for a few years, because I had a lisp and I didn't fit in with the current trends. I was different and if you weren't part of the popular crowd, you were bound to get picked on or made fun of. People in this town are cruel and it was pretty hard. But with support from my now best friends and family, I made it through and became a much stronger person. I also told him I'd been through a little bit of drama with people in high school but I'm done with that now. Like I said, things hadn't really changed. Yeah, I'm more mature and stronger now but I'm still the same little girl deep down.

After talking for a while, I learned that Robbie and I also had lunch and Biology together. I couldn't be happier about getting to spend so much time with my old friend.

The bell rang, signaling the end of our first class together and we said our goodbyes.

"Bye Karissa, it was great to catch up with you! See you at lunch!"

"Same to you Robbie. It feels like nothing has changed between us. See you later!"

As I walked to my second class, I smiled to myself. It's so good to know nothing has really changed and he's still my best friend. It's good to know that after all these years of wondering, he still wanted to have something to do with this town. What a relief it was to figure out that my old friend was back in town, and for good.

This was going to be one amazing school year.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's really short but after Chapter 7, I had major writer's block and schoolwork has been piling up. I don't have as much time to write but I will try my best to update when I can! :]