Status: don't be a silent reader, please :)

The Memories Between Us

patron.

The first day of tour was always the best - to most people, at least. While they spent the night drinking, I was sitting around stalking the social networks. There was usually a party on our bus for God knows what reason. Out of all the buses, they chose ours. I mean, technically it’s an RV but I’m more comfortable calling it a bus. I wasn’t feeling good tonight so I had Anastasia take my spot for merch girl. Luckily, she agreed to it and I stayed back in my bunk.

I laid back with my arm draped across my eyes to shield them from the light above me. Suddenly I felt a weight on me and a pair of lips on my collarbone. I yelped a little but after detecting the scent of Polo Blue cologne, I knew it was Zach. A soft moan escaped from my mouth when his teeth dragged across my skin. Threading my fingers through his dirty blonde hair, I pushed his lips onto mine. His tongue made its way to mine and almost immediately I could taste Patron.

I pushed him away from me and sighed. “You’re drunk, Zachary.”
“I only had one drink,” He scoffed and leaned forward until I stopped him. “I promise.”

“We both know you go through more than one glass when you drink.” I smirked. I shoved him off of me and climbed out of my bunk, grabbing my cardigan and purse.

“Fuck, Cait…come on. Please,” Zach slurred behind me and attempted to follow me off the bus, but stopped once he reached the front lounge. I heard him kick one of the lower cabinets of the kitchen area in frustration.

Jeff and Andy were outside chatting away with a young fan and her friends about the upcoming album. They all looked at me when I shut the door, causing me to shoot them a small smile before turning the curb to go to the small liquor store across the venue. On my way there, I stepped on one of my shoelaces and fell. I sat there wincing for a moment until a hand appeared before me.

“Ashton,”

“It’s Austin, actually.” He corrected, smiling weakly. I took his hand as he helped me up. I dusted myself off and thanked him. “Are you okay? That fall kind of looked like it hurt.”

“I’ll be fine,” I shook my head. “A few scrapes and bruises are nothing.”

“Well, you…have a rip on the side of your pants.”

I glanced down at my jeans and saw a tear that went down about five inches from the pocket. My cheeks flushed red in embarrassment as I tried hiding it behind my purse. We both laughed for a second before he asked to take another look at it.

“Let’s go to my bus. I can help you with that.” Austin offered and already began to walk ahead of me. He noticed I wasn’t following him, so he turned around. “I’m not going to hurt you. I can assure you I’m harmless.”

--


The two of us were in his tour bus’ bathroom, which was much cleaner than the one on the I See Stars’ bus. There were less cluttered items such as the hair straighteners and anti-frizz products on the counter. It sure smelled a whole lot better in here too. I stood between his legs while he threaded my jeans back together.

“How’d you learn how to sow so well?” I asked Austin and stared down at his stitching. He looked up at me with the end of the thread hanging from his lips. “It’s not every day I meet someone who’s good with strings and needles.”

Austin chuckled and cut the sting. “I took a fabric arts class as a freshman in high school.” He put away the materials back into a small kit and stuffed it back into the medicine cabinet. “Care to tell me what you were doing out alone this late?”

I looked at my phone and furrowed my eyebrows. “It’s only ten o’clock.”

“It’s dark out; you could’ve gotten kidnapped.”

“But I didn’t.”

“Are you going to tell me or not?”

I propped myself up on the counter and swung my legs back and forth. “I just got into an argument with one of my friends. It’s stupid, really.”

“A boyfriend,”

“No, of course not.” I shook my head quickly and scoffed.

“I never thought you’d be into that type of stuff.” Austin teased.

“I don’t have a boyfriend, nor am I seeing anyone.”

“So you’re on the market?”

“If I didn’t know any better I’d say you’re trying to hook up with my tonight.”

“Hook up – no, never.” He smirked and looked over at me. “Though I am asking you on a date.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Outfit.!

3 comments | 32 readers | 7 subscribers


Pretty good start! Comments are a great motivation. Thinking about posting another chapter today.