Sequel: Artificial Smile.
Status: Complete.

Shouting Under My Breath.

We've got things on our mind

Image

She walked into her and Alice’s house extremely pissed off at Dan. She couldn’t believe he blew her off over her having to cancel their date. She knew he would be disappointed, but she never thought it would piss him off as much as it did.

“Why do you look so pissed?” Alice walking out of her room as Sparrow was about to enter her room.

She was silent for a minute trying to come up with a lie on why she’s so mad. “I’m not pissed. I’m just tired.” She lied.

“Okay?” Alice said not even bothering to continue the conversation.

She walked into her room and pulled her over shirt and threw it on the ground. She pulled her shirt off and slid her shorts off. She crawled in her bed just in her underwear and bra not bothering to get properly dressed for bed. She had had enough of tonight she just wanted it to end.

They walked into the usual club they went to hand in hand. They walked up to the bar and Dan ordered himself his usual beer, and Sparrow got cranberry juice and vodka. Dan gave the bartender the money before whispering in Sparrow’s ear. “Love I need to use the washroom.” As he said this she licked her red lips and nodded.

She leaned against the bar waiting for Dan to come. “Here you go, love.” A blonde guy that was about twenty-two said handing Sparrow a drink.

“I’m good. I have a drink here.” She said holding up her drink.

“So you’re an American.” He said flashing a smile. She couldn’t believe that he was hitting on her when she walked in holding Dan’s hand.

“Yeah I’m American.” She said simply.

“Where are you from in American?” He asked kindly.

“I’m from California.” She said giving him a smile.

“I’ve always wanted to go to California. I’ve always heard how stunning it was.” She wasn’t sure if he was hitting on her anymore or his if he was just being friendly.

“It’s an amazing place but I have to say I love England more.” She said smiling as he touched her arm.

“What the bloody hell is going on here?” Dan asked annoyed walking over.

“I was just talking to this lovely lady.” The blond guy said.

“Think you should stop flirting with my girlfriend and leave.” Dan said getting in the guys face. The guy simply shrugged and walked away like it was no big deal.

“Let’s go I don’t want to be here any more.” Dan said walking towards the door leaving Sparrow behind. She could believe what an asshole he was being right then. She walked next to him in silence as they walked down the street.

“So this whole you giving me the silent treatment is really stupid.” She said bluntly breaking the awkward silence.

“I’m not giving you the silent. I just have nothing to say.” He said pulling his hand way from hers as she tried to grab it.

“Quit being a complete asshole and talk to me.” She said stopping as he continued you to keep walking.

“Daniel David Flint get the fuck back over here and talk to me.” She shouted causing people on the other side of the street to stop and look what was going on. “What do you want me to say?” He asked turning on his heel walking back towards her.

“I don’t know, maybe I’m sorry for being an asshole and over reacting.” She said getting in his face. “I’m sorry it annoyed me that you were getting hit on in front of me.” Dan said staring into her blue eyes.

“Quit acting like I was flirting back.” She said pushing his chest very lightly and stepping back away from him. He didn’t say anything he just rolled his eyes.

“Fuck you I’m walking home.” She said before she started walking down the street. He stood there shocked he couldn’t believe she just walked away from him.

“Sparrow wait I’m sorry.” He said running to catch up with her. When he caught up to her he grabbed her wrist and turned her around.

“Are you really sorry?” She asked staring into his blue eyes. “Yeah I’m sorry I was an asshole back there.” He said before crashing his lips into hers.


She woke up to the sound of the front door shutting, signaling that Alice had gone off to work. She lazily crawled out of bed and ran her fingers through her messy red hair. She looked around her bedroom debating on getting dressed or not. She really just wanted to walk around the house in her underwear.
.
She said ‘fuck it’ to herself and walked down the hallway in her bra and underwear. She held her phone tightly as she walked into the kitchen.

She sat her phone down on the counter and pouring herself a cup of coffee. She looked over to see that she had a text from Dan.

Dan Flint (mobile)
I’m sorry for being an arse last night. Can I please come over so we can talk?

She read the text over twice before responding and telling him he could come over. She didn’t know if she wanted to forgive Dan that easy. It pissed her off to no end what an ass he was to her the night before, but she told herself she would hear him out.

She doctored her coffee as she heard her phone vibrate.

Dan Flint (mobile)
I’ll be over in like 30 mins

She made herself a bowl of cereal and quickly ate it so she could go get dressed for Dan to come over.

She walked into her room not really sure what to wear. She walked over to her closet and grabbed a tank top and a pair of floral shorts, and got dress as she heard a knock on the door knowing that it was Dan.

She walked to the front door and tugged on her shorts pulling them down before opening the door.

“I’m sorry.” He said simply as she looked him straight into his eyes. “Can you explain to me why you blew me off last night in front of all your friends?” She asked walking over to the living room couch.

“I was upset about you ditching our date to do something with Nate, and I acted the wrong way. We should have just talked about it instead of me being a dick about it.” He said sitting next to her on the living room couch.

“Ok.” She said smiling. “At least you know what a dick you were yesterday.” She laced her fingers with his. He leaned over and gently pressed his lips against hers and smiled at the fact that everything was okay.

“So I was wondering if you would like to go to a party at one my mates place tonight?” He said giving her a hopeful smile.

“Yeah I’ll go to a party with you tonight.” She said before attaching her lips to his again.

“So what times the party?” She asked standing up. “It’s at eight.” He said as he stretched out on the couch.

“Okay we should kill some time watching Gossip Girl.” She said walking over to the shelf by the TV and grabbed Gossip Girl season four box set holding it up.

“You sure know the way to my heart.” He said giving her a cheese smile as she rolled her eyes.

[&]

“So whose party is this again?” She asked as they got out of Dan’s car. “It’s my mate Greg’s party. He’s helping us record our new album.” He said lacing his fingers with Sparrow’s.

“Dan I really want to hold your hand but what if somebody Nate knows is in there?” She said pulling her hand away.

“Ok I understand.” He said as the walked towards the front door.

“Are boys going to be here?” She asked as the walked inside. Before Dan could even answer a very hyper Max came running up. “Sparrow love.” He said pulling her into a bone crushing hug lifting her small frame up.

“Max put the poor girl down.” Matt said walking over with a beer in hand.

“Okay.” Max said mockingly as he sat her down.

“Let’s get something to drink.” Dan whispered into her ear. “That sounds good to me.” He said following him as they walked into the kitchen.

“Love are you going to be okay with beer. I know how you proper hate them.” He said grabbing two beers from the fridge. “I don’t mind it too much any more.” She said grabbing a beer from him. “What a trooper?” He laughed as she took a drink.

“If you plan on having sex tonight with something other then your right hand I would be nice.” She said raising her eyes with a wicked grin on her face.

“I’ll be nice.” He smiled as they started to snake their way through the crowd house. The walked into the less crowded back yard and sat down at a random patio table no one was at. “Thank you for inviting me.” She said smiling.

“I wouldn’t want to be here with any one else.” He said before taking a drink of his beer. “I’m glad to hear that.” She smiled.

“I need a bottle of water.” Sparrow said standing up. When they got into the kitchen Dan and Sparrow both had a shocked look on there face who was talking to Greg.

“Is that who I think it is?” Dan whispered in her ear. “Nate.” Just as those words left her lips Nate noticed Sparrow.

“Sparrow what are you doing here?” He asked walking over with a huge smile on his. “I came here with Dan and his friends.” She said before his pressed his lips to hers. Dan rolled his eyes in disgust as he saw Sparrow kiss Nate.

“How are you doin’ man?” Nate asked Dan as soon as he pulled way from Sparrow. It took everything in him not to say ‘I’ve been great, I’ve been really enjoying your girlfriend.’ “I’ve been good. I’m going to find my mate Josh.” Dan said walking away. He had no desire to talk to the guy that was stealing Sparrow away from him.

“I didn’t know you’ve been hanging out with Dan.” Nate said lacing his fingers with Sparrow’s.

“It just started the other day. We ran into each other again.” She lied.

Through out the night Dan and Nate would catch each other glancing at each other awkwardly. Every time Nate caught Dan looking over at Sparrow he would kiss her or pull her into a hug. It was as if he was claiming his property.

Dan felt his heart break every time he had to watch Nate kiss Sparrow. It took everything in him to not walk over punch Nate in the face and say that Sparrow was cheating on him.

He couldn’t take it anymore he walked up stairs to try to find a less crowded bathroom. He walked down the hall to find a bathroom that nobody was waiting for in the huge house.

He had finish relieving himself and stepped out into the hall to only be pushed back into the bathroom by Sparrow. She pushed him down so that he was sitting on the closed down toilet. She gave him a wicked grin as she went and locked the door.

She walked back over to him with a seductive look on her face. She straddled his hips and started kissing his neck slowly. “Sparrow what are you doing.” He pretty much moaned as she continued to kiss his neck.

“Saying I’m sorry for Nate.” She said into his neck. “We can’t do this Nate is downstairs.” He said as Sparrow unbuttoned his pants.

“Sure we can.” She bit her lip as she pulled her shirt off and reattached her lips to his neck. “Sparrow no we can’t.” He said picking her up and standing up. He placed her on the ground and buttoned his pants up again.

She had a look of complete and utter rejection on her face. “I love you.” He said before press his lips to her forehead. She was shocked when he just walked away.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter title and lyrics from Hard To Swallow
* They made up and Nate was a douche at the party. What are you guys thinking?
* Okay so since I finished writing this story complete I'm already working on my next Dan story, but instead of it only being Dan, it's going to be Dan vs Josh. I am beyond stoked for this story because I have never written anything like this before. I'm going to start posting it as soon as I finish this story. It's called Try As I Might. Please COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE to that story.'
* Also comment on this one too please. I want to thank ahoyylaneyy;, Snapback-Princess, & dzsinidzsoni.
* I would love if you entered my contest I'm having based on song lyrics. You should check it out if you already haven't.
* Sorry for the super long author notes.