I'm Not Saying That I'm Not Breaking Some Hearts Tonight

...Before I Cause More Damage

Mikey's figure got smaller and smaller in the review mirror as she drove away. Kaitlin drove to her apartment and pulled into her drive way. Her house was dark when she walked in. She sighed. Another night alone. She flicked on the lights, kicked off her shoes and plopped herself on the couch. She channel surfed for about 45 minutes and finally gave into the fact that she missed Mikey too much. Kaitlin dialed his house, and Marissa picked up.

"Hello, Way's House."

"Hey Marissa, its Kaitlin, Is Mikey There?"

"Well Yeah, but...he's sleeping."

"What?"

"Uhm, yeah, he wasn't feeling too well, so he drank like half a bottle of Nyquil and turned in early."

"Oh, okay. Well, if he wakes up tell him I called."

"Of course."

"Bye."

"Yeah, bye."

Kaitlin hung up the phone and stared at it with an empty feeling. Kaitlin decided to call his cell, just incase he hadn't fallen asleep yet and was watching TV or something. No answer, so she just left a short message. She got up and walked to her kitchen and took three beers back to the living room. She sat on her couch and drank her first beer within 2 minutes. She turned on the TV. There was absolutely nothing on, so she settled with Shrek on TBS. It just started so she watched it, while starting on her second beer. After finishing her third beer, Kaitlin sang along with donkey.

"Cause I'm all alone.
There's no one here beside me.
My problems have all gone,
there's no one to deride me."


Donkey stopped signing but Kaitlin didn't.

"Cause I'm all alone.
There's no one here beside me.
Cause I'm all alone.
There's no one here beside me.
Cause I'm all alone.
There's no one here beside me.
Cause I'm all alone.
There's no one here beside me."


Around the part in the movie where Shrek is saving Princess Fiona from the dragon in the castle Kaitlin feel asleep.

****************************************************************************************************

"Fine, Fine! I'll go buy flowers and go to Kaitlin’s apartment, geez," said Mikey.

"Yay," the girls said in unison. Mikey said his goodbyes and left.

"I really hope they work things out," said Bob.
Frank shrugged.

"They make a weird couple," he said. Lauren glared at him.

"I'm just saying there different. Ya know? Kaitlin's a bit..." he trailed off.

"Preppy?" said Bob.

"Yeah, but she's cool. There always fighting though. Its annoying," said Frank.

"I don't like her," stated Emma.

"Who do you like?" retorted Lauren.

Gerard sensed a fight so he said "It doesn't matter if we like her or not, as long as Mikey's happy."

The six of them talked about Mikey and Kaitlin for a bit, or at least everyone but Emma, but then the phone rang.
Marissa answered it.

"Hello, Way's House," said Marissa.
She stammered a bit. "Well Yeah, but...he's sleeping," She lied.
"Uhm, yeah, he wasn't feeling too well, so he drank like half a bottle of Nyquil and turned in early."
Frank looked at Gerard but he just shrugged.
"Of course."
"Yeah, bye."

"Care to share?" asked Frank.

"That was Kaitlin," she said a bit confused.

"Well, you'd think my boy M. Way would last a little bit longer than that in the sack," he said.

Everyone cracked up, and Frank couldn't help himself, he started laughing at his own joke.
After everyone stopped laughing, Bob asked what the phone call was about.

"She wanted to speak to Mikey," she said.

Gerard, Bob, and Lauren understood what that meant. Emma sat there like she couldn't care less.
Frank was the last one to get it, as usual.

"Well, that's stupid. Why would she call here if he was at her house?" said Frank completely serious.

Marissa gave him a look and Gerard rolled his eyes. After several awkward moments of silence Frank trying to think he finally got it.

"Ohhhhhhhhh," he said in a tone of realization. “Oh,” he said quietly, after he realized where Mikey probably was.

Marissa called Mikey's cell. No Answer. She left an angry message, assuming the worst.